Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Carnivale (2003-2005).. Although only Book 1 was finished it is an insanely awesome show, if you like things like Twin Peaks.

Rome
    Hannibal
    Helix
    Black Sails
    Vikings
    Believe

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoyable: Lost, Californication, Prison Break, American Horror Story, How I Met your Mother, Community, Entourage, Castle, Louie, Metalocalypse, Seinfeld, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Married with Children, Modern Family, Arrow, Parks and Recreation, Hannibal, The Walking Dead, Trailer Park Boys, True Blood.

Great: The Newsroom, South Park, Curb your Enthusiasm, Dexter, Doctor Who, Fringe, Justified, Luther, Sherlock, Six Feet Under, Sons of Anarchy, Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Office UK, Vikings, Suits.

Exceptional: Arrested Development, Carnivale, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Black Mirror, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, Farscape, Game of Thrones, Homeland, House of Cards, Mad Men, Oz, Rome, Spartacus, Tales from the Crypt, The Shield, House of Cards, Bron/Broen, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Godlike: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Twin Peaks, True Detective.

Peak of what TV can offer: The Wire, Band of Brothers.

Deleted
    Ahh how could I forget Deadwood and Oz. Awesome shows

Deleted
    Bates Motel. Not seen Season 2 yet, but really enjoyed the first series. The cast is great.

From Dusk Till Dawn. If you want to watch the movie drawn out over a whole season, lol. Biggest letdown is that it's focused too much on the supernatural side of things though, I preferred the way it was handled in the movie. Also they cast a guy with model good looks for Quentins part, big mistake.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2014-04-01 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    True Detective.

the story and acting were both top notch. the only disappointing thing i can say about it is the fact they are changing the cast in future seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    vikings, black sails, witches of east end, the 100, revolution, almost human, arrow, Marvel agents of SHIELD.

and i've heard the blacklist is nice, but i haven't seen it myself.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Hannibal
    Hannibal
    also,
    Hannibal

I don't know, perhaps other inferior Thomas Harris adaptations have chased away some viewers. Perhaps this show is just too dark, weird and smart for US network broadcast television (bringing back memories of Twin Peaks.) Still, it is easily among the best shows on television. Season 1 was fantastic and after seeing episode 5 of season 2, Hannibal is definitely getting better all the time.

The cast is brilliant, with Mads Mikkelsen's elegant and menacing Lecter proving that the role does not in fact belong solely to Anthony Hopkins. The show is shot so impeccably that even the brutal violence and disturbing cooking scenes look amazing. The only things some viewers might not like is the slow burn pace of the show and that it frequently abandons realism in favor of portraying a weird world in which serial killers are more often misunderstood artists working in an unusual medium instead of the lowly sexual predators that they are in reality.

Season 1 is on DVD, Hulu and Amazon Prime. Season 2 is on the NBC website and on Hulu.

TLDR- I really want a 3rd season so I am happy to shamelessly promote Hannibal whenever possible

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Enjoyable: Lost, Californication, Prison Break, American Horror Story, How I Met your Mother, Community, Entourage, Castle, Louie, Metalocalypse, Seinfeld, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Married with Children, Modern Family, Arrow, Parks and Recreation, Hannibal, The Walking Dead, Trailer Park Boys, True Blood.

Great: The Newsroom, South Park, Curb your Enthusiasm, Dexter, Doctor Who, Fringe, Justified, Luther, Sherlock, Six Feet Under, Sons of Anarchy, Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Office UK, Vikings, Suits.

Exceptional: Arrested Development, Carnivale, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Black Mirror, Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, Farscape, Game of Thrones, Homeland, House of Cards, Mad Men, Oz, Rome, Spartacus, Tales from the Crypt, The Shield, House of Cards, Bron/Broen, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Godlike: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Twin Peaks, True Detective.

Peak of what TV can offer: The Wire, Band of Brothers.
    I agree with everything here... how could I not since it is objective fact, not opinion?

Hannibal. A masterpiece. If you're a fan of sophisticated horror movies, art and great plot.
    I almost never cover my eyes over something I see on television, but the bee episode with the eye.... needling. Yeah.

Deleted
    Ill probably repeat what a few people have said here but Im going with what I've enjoyed, sans those you've already seen.

House of Cards - See it. Now. No discussion.

Sons of Anarchy - I like it, though I feel it has it dips.

The Unit - This one is a favorite of mine that a lot of people hasn't seen enough of. I'd recommend it.

And you can never go wrong just binge watching Scrubs.

Edit: I saw a mention of Band of Brothers. Yesssssss!

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    and i've heard the blacklist is nice, but i haven't seen it myself.
    It's an interesting diversion. It's not the best show on TV but it's worth watching IMO. James Spader is pretty great in it.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Downton Abbey. It's my favourite series, after Big Bang Theory.

Slight Bump. I need a new series to watch. Looking for a good drama/crime show or something, with some comedic element maybe (though not necessary), but not a cheesy procedural like CSI. Something in the science fiction world would be a bonus.

Shows I've watched and loved:
    Firefly
    Dr. Who
    BSG
    Dexter
    Breaking Bad
    Mad Men
    Walking Dead
    Game of Thrones, obvi.
    Sarah Connor Chronicles, what, I'll admit it.

In terms of non-science fiction/fantasy shows I've watched:
    The Sopranos, loved every second.
    Boardwalk Empire, pretty good stuff.
    Friends back in the day
    Seinfeld, love it to this day.
    Community
    30 Rock
    Parks and Rec
    the new Netflix stuff: House of Cards and Orange is the New Black

and that's pretty much my taste in comedies...

Shows I've watched that didn't stick:
    Caprica (BSG prequel series), IDK, I think I got it from the first episode, imprinted a radical monotheist's viewpoint into the original Cylon, so now they all think mankind is sinful and needs to be exterminated. I don't need an emo girl and her emo friends to help expose that storyline. Watched the first two episodes.

Babylon 5: I liked the first two episodes, but it's so dated at this point as to turn me off. I mean seriously, it's like the Eggheads with political intrigue.

Stargate SG1, and the movie. I thought the movie was good, and I watched the pilot of SG1, but the whole Egyptian meta-myth that drives the show isn't my style. Also seems a bit dated, but not as bad as B5. This would be something I'd go back to if I knew they weren't just going to chase Ramses around the whole universe looking for James Spader's wife and some boy that the military guy took under his wing.

Star Trek: I liked some Star Trek, but not most of it. I liked, I'd say, TNG the best.

I'm really liking the new series called Silicon Valley. It's seems to be the nerd version of Entourage. Very enjoyable. Also I'm a huge fan of Banshee..there has been 2 seasons so far with 10 episodes in each. Very violent though.

Blacklist thought it was gonna completely blow when I sat down to watch the pilot with my fiancé but watched every episode since

- - - Updated - - -

oh White Collar too I love this series, I know the American version of Hustle was said to be leverage but I put this on a par with Hustle

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Slight Bump. I need a new series to watch. Looking for a good drama/crime show or something, with some comedic element maybe (though not necessary), but not a cheesy procedural like CSI. Something in the science fiction world would be a bonus.

Shows I've watched and loved:
    Firefly
    Dr. Who
    BSG
    Dexter
    Breaking Bad
    Mad Men
    Walking Dead
    Game of Thrones, obvi.
    Sarah Connor Chronicles, what, I'll admit it.

In terms of non-science fiction/fantasy shows I've watched:
    The Sopranos, loved every second.
    Boardwalk Empire, pretty good stuff.
    Friends back in the day
    Seinfeld, love it to this day.
    Community
    30 Rock
    Parks and Rec
    the new Netflix stuff: House of Cards and Orange is the New Black

and that's pretty much my taste in comedies...

Shows I've watched that didn't stick:
    Caprica (BSG prequel series), IDK, I think I got it from the first episode, imprinted a radical monotheist's viewpoint into the original Cylon, so now they all think mankind is sinful and needs to be exterminated. I don't need an emo girl and her emo friends to help expose that storyline. Watched the first two episodes.

Babylon 5: I liked the first two episodes, but it's so dated at this point as to turn me off. I mean seriously, it's like the Eggheads with political intrigue.

Stargate SG1, and the movie. I thought the movie was good, and I watched the pilot of SG1, but the whole Egyptian meta-myth that drives the show isn't my style. Also seems a bit dated, but not as bad as B5. This would be something I'd go back to if I knew they weren't just going to chase Ramses around the whole universe looking for James Spader's wife and some boy that the military guy took under his wing.

Star Trek: I liked some Star Trek, but not most of it. I liked, I'd say, TNG the best.
    Out of star trek, watch DS9, it's the best one imo; actual linearity as you progress into the later seasons! (rare in star trek)

Watch 24, 8 awesome seasons with another coming out in may. On the comedic side, if you like James Spader... watch Boston Legal! It's gloriously hilarious from start to finish.

Other stuff
    Sherlock, it's awesome.
    Homeland, incredible show.
    The Newsroom, if you like Aaron Sorkin
    Arrested development, everyone should see this, hilarious
    Entourage
    Veep (Elaine from seinfeld is the vice president and she swears alot) hilarious
    Rome

Also if you haven't seen BSG: blood and chrome, that's pretty great, although short. It's more like original BSG, and not as "tame" as Caprica.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2014-04-25 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Out of star trek, watch DS9, it's the best one imo; .
    LMFAO seriously .... That series has more annoying characters than any of the others, the emissary thing bored me to death, Sisko did this shakey stutter thing when he was upset and looked like he had some sort of condition, Bashir with his 'I'm a genetically engineered tosspot' fire him out of the nearest airlock, Jake sisko, spoilt needy intolerable dumbass, nog is like jake just ferengi and more annoying, Worf OMG worf don't get me started on him, Every three or four episodes the writers had to remind us of either the rules of acquisition or that this lot of cast were so freaking dull they had to relay on the largest set of back up cast anyone has ever seen to make it remotely watchable. The character I most like on DS9 was Morn.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Out of star trek, watch DS9, it's the best one imo; actual linearity as you progress into the later seasons! (rare in star trek)

Watch 24, 8 awesome seasons with another coming out in may. On the comedic side, if you like James Spader... watch Boston Legal! It's gloriously hilarious from start to finish.

Other stuff
    Sherlock, it's awesome.
    Homeland, incredible show.
    The Newsroom, if you like Aaron Sorkin
    Arrested development, everyone should see this, hilarious
    Entourage
    Veep (Elaine from seinfeld is the vice president and she swears alot) hilarious
    Rome

Also if you haven't seen BSG: blood and chrome, that's pretty great, although short. It's more like original BSG, and not as "tame" as Caprica.
    Dead on correct about Sherlock. Amazing show but unfortunately only 3 episodes per season.

I dont know how much you would like these shows but these are my favorites (Some of them are off the air but some of my favorite shows):
    Burn Notice
    White Collar
    Royal Pains
    Hawaii Five-O
    The Blacklist
    Graceland

I have many more but those are the ones that come to mind as my favorites atm

Quote Originally Posted by Strikered View Post
    LMFAO seriously .... That series has more annoying characters than any of the others, the emissary thing bored me to death, Sisko did this shakey stutter thing when he was upset and looked like he had some sort of condition, Bashir with his 'I'm a genetically engineered tosspot' fire him out of the nearest airlock, Jake sisko, spoilt needy intolerable dumbass, nog is like jake just ferengi and more annoying, Worf OMG worf don't get me started on him, Every three or four episodes the writers had to remind us of either the rules of acquisition or that this lot of cast were so freaking dull they had to relay on the largest set of back up cast anyone has ever seen to make it remotely watchable. The character I most like on DS9 was Morn.
    And you're just casually leaving out awesomeness like ODO, GARAK, WEYOUN; GUL DUKAT; KAI WINN, the list goes on. And as I said it's got the coolest, most linear storylines in all of star trek. Only contender would be Enterprise, but only s3 is really linear there. Voyager has alot of crap unfortunately, but the Borg parts are great.