Thread: WoD wishlist

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WoD wishlist

With every new expansion comes changes to the world, stats, abilities and various other elements. These changes can be sweeping or they can be minor; ultimately, I am sure many of us have a few ideas they would like to see in the expansion. So the purpose of this thread is to give a brief summary of what you would like to see in WoD, Your “WoD Wish List”.

My WoD wish list

General/Misc.
    •Add more minor glyph slots
    •Add sub-races
    •Allow all non-combat buffs, Arcane Brilliance, Blessing of Kings etc. to be cast while mounted and on flight paths.
    •Bring back some sort of riding crops. A consumable item such as the Windfeather Plume from Timeless Isle would be cool. Perhaps as an Alchemy potion?
    •Make all BoE bags Bind to Battle.net account.
    •Allow Daggers with Intellect on them to be transmoged into other one/main-handed weapons and vice versa.
    •Optional instance gear and level scaling that can work with the dungeon/raid group finder tool.

Stormwind
    •Rebuild and repurpose the park area. *Idea, the Alliance has all of these airships, where are they being built? Where can they dock? The park area is at a pretty high elevation…

Mage
    •Allow Slowfall to be cast while mounted.
    •Glyph of Illusion, make the spell targeted and greatly reduce the cool down (presently 30 minutes).
    •Bring back the WOTLK Blast Wave with the knock back. **edit listed as original bw before, thanks Silverrendy.
    •Add a new minor glyph “Smoky Blink”. Make your blink spell look like Zeratul’s from Starcraft.

Hunter
    •Bring back Eyes of the Beast

Priest
    •Allow Levitate to be cast while mounted and allow float to be active while mounted; ground mounts would use the default swim animation while floating.

Paladin
    •Bring back Righteous Defense.

What is on your wishlist?
    Last edited by dontknowdoya; 2014-03-19 at 06:29 PM.

My personal wish list.

Sub-race skins for new player models
    Flex scale to 40man
    Stormwind fixed
    More fun cosmetic gear (ex. Dark Shaman)
    Garrison mini-games (Tower defence, Fort Wars PvP)
    Better in game voice chat
    You just lost The Game

One of the worst things they did with Affliction Warlocks was removing Shadow Bolt. Casting spells is more fun then Channeling. One of my wishes would be to bring back the Shadow Bolt or have a main casting ability.

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowdoya View Post
    Hunter
    •Bring back Eyes of the Beast
    I see this request all the time, but I can't figure out why people want it.

Still not sure why people are so up in arms about the crater in SW, like it is really making any difference to the game at all. So they take the time and rebuild the park, then we go and look at it once, maybe twice for a minute...brilliant use of time and resources. Maybe it's just me and everyone else I know, but who spends their time traveling all over SW all the time taking in the sights?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkd View Post
    Watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nXe3v8_DUw#t=487 and you will see EXACTLY why. It's worth it.

on topic PVE wise MoP was rly good with the exception of some rollercoasters in some tiers and having X class speeding up your progress by alot. So if they could pay more attention to that now that Mythic is the only format for end game raiders that would be pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    My personal wish list.

Sub-race skins for new player models
    Flex scale to 40man
    Stormwind fixed
    More fun cosmetic gear (ex. Dark Shaman)
    Garrison mini-games (Tower defence, Fort Wars PvP)
    Better in game voice chat
    This, except Stormwind which I don't care either way about since I play horde.

Deleted
    - Professions - complete overhaul. Make them more of an etude. Make them take a long time to master.
    - 40 man flex raiding - great suggestion!
    - dynamic faction limits - don't let horde or alliance roll new chars if the imbalance reaches a certain threshold. This will keep horde/alliance more balanced than it is now.
    - Daily or weekly massive raid on other faction's capitals. Will keep the danger feel even in capital cities. There was one quest where you did this previously, but once. Why? This is something they could massively have explored and would have been great fun. It's also a great way to promote world pvp. Just get a bit creative with it blizzard.
    - I guess the Auction House needs a bit of an update. I like its simplicity and I use addons as I am a massive ah goblin but I wouldn't mind some inherent changes.
    - Would love to have the possibility to use remote mail on all my chars not just engy. Dungeon farming etc..

Monk: Something done to Fists of Fury other than "more damage." Period. The spec is so different between Devs playing it and high-skilled players.

Other than that I'm hoping that we get a few daily hubs with some extensive 5.0-style length even if all they give is vanity items.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Hard to come up with things they haven't said they already are bringing (non-linear raids, mats stacking to 100, etc.)

Bring the WoW mobile armory AH features to the real thing. Odd that logging off is more efficient than doing it online without addons,

In the same regard: mobile AH. Possibly on the yak?

Brawler's guild updated.

CM's to be what people actually want. Harder, take out quick time trial (need some time trial, just tune it so the time is based around careful pulls and not mass aoe)

Please don't have it so min/maxers will have optimal garrison builds and they all look the same. I want to enjoy them, not be a grind and countdown till I get my next buff.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Still not sure why people are so up in arms about the crater in SW, like it is really making any difference to the game at all. So they take the time and rebuild the park, then we go and look at it once, maybe twice for a minute...brilliant use of time and resources. Maybe it's just me and everyone else I know, but who spends their time traveling all over SW all the time taking in the sights?
    Roleplayers.

And it's not just about taking in the sights, it's about the Alliance's capital having a giant crater in it. It's stupid, especially considering all of the stone and lumber gathered during the barrens conflict, which Vol'jin used to make a couple troll huts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    especially considering all of the stone and lumber gathered during the barrens conflict, which Vol'jin used to make a couple troll huts.
    Hmmmm... Is Vol'jin a banana republic type el Presidente who is funneling national funds off to his bank account in Gadgetzan?

Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    Hmmmm... Is Vol'jin a banana republic type el Presidente who is funneling national funds off to his bank account in Gadgetzan?
    I think it's more that the Darkspear trolls are too stupid to understand how building with stone works.

Deleted
    General/Misc.
    •Removal of LFR, LFD and random BG
    •Removal of flying mounts forever
    •Removal of p2w elements

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I think it's more that the Darkspear trolls are too stupid to understand how building with stone works.
    But it would be more interesting to introduce some other kinds of leadership malfeasance to the game than just the violent RAWR!!! SMASH!!! kind.

Have Varian do something like that...

Sure, of course it has to end in a raid boss RAWR!!! SMASH!!! due to the limits of WoW's PC-NPC interactions, but it can start differently.

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowdoya View Post
    Paladin
    •Bring back Righteous Defense.
    I really wish they would do this. It was such an iconic ability for paladin tanks, removing it was foolish.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

10+ Year Old Account
    #1: More cosmetic Gear
    #2: Updated Brawler's Guild
    #3: Additional Garrison features
    #4: More character customization
    #Alternate Character Progression system(Like D3 Paragon but named Path of the Titans of sorts).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    more difficulty in general, professions attractive and relevant,

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    At a minimum they could raise the land up, put the original park back into place and fix any 3d issues. I know, it is probably more work than that but having a giant crater in the primary city sucks.

As far as the usefulness of fixing it, that is why I suggest repurposeing the area. I think it would make a great Airship port and construction yard. Why and how it would be used I do not know. Anything would be better than a giant crater. Hell, just cut it off altogether and build a wall if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Byne View Post
    I really wish they would do this. It was such an iconic ability for paladin tanks, removing it was foolish.
    Exactly, it was kind of off putting the first time I tried tanking without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rkd View Post
    Because it's fun as hell.

That's really the only reason. Most of the utility has been replaced by the go-to-point pet command (which still doesn't allow as much finesse as EotB did), but EotB permitted exploration and managing tricky pulls (by sacrificing the pet).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Byne View Post
    I want RD back desperately.