Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many players are going ally in WoD?

I was wondering how many players will go Ally due to the new racials.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would they? Racials are looking pretty balanced. Besides, not many people would leave friends/guild for a theoretical 0,005% damage increase. And those who would probably aren't in a guild where it'd remotely matter.

The people in world first races are there because they're skilled, a CC breaker on 2min CD instead of a damage CD wont change that. People need to stop pretending like racial imbalances matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    People need to stop pretending like racial imbalances matter.
    they do matter, but only to a certain degree where skill is evened out already.

I am considering it. Not because of racials. The regular BG queue times on Horde are out of control at an average of 14 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Photonic View Post
    I am considering it. Not because of racials. The regular BG queue times on Horde are out of control at an average of 14 minutes.
    If they allowed free transfers and removed the grouping restrictions on PvE servers, I would. I've wanted to play Alliance for years but my in-game friends are all Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm strongly considering going ally. but not for the racials

15+ Year Old Account
    Horde are still going to maintain a racial advantage for both PvP and PvE in WoD - it just won't be to the extent it is now - the fuss about Alliance gaining racials in WoD is really overblown. Many of the alliance racials had no dps bonus at all - and the utility of WotF for pvp is still unrivaled - no matter what the cooldown becomes.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I recently transferred my Hunter over to Alliance. Naturally, in order to enjoy anything other than sitting in Shrine and queuing BG's I also had to transfer off Illidan US... So, $55 later I actually enjoy the Alliance stuff... But no fucking way am I forking over $55 per character (10 more 90's). Sorry Blizzard, want more people to transfer? Offer it for free. Otherwise, quit "wishing" there was a way to even it out.

bg queues are better for alliance, yes. but you don't do random bgs forever, just until you have honor gear. after that it's all timeless isle and rated bgs, both easier when youre horde

The really just need to make cross-faction BGs a thing already. I understand that some people find the current system for RBGs confusing, but most the confusion seems to come from which side you are on, not the enemy. They could change the color of your cloak or add a red and blue flag to the characters. It seems like the best way to speed up queue times.

Quote Originally Posted by Douster View Post
    14, maybe 17 if it gets really high.

No seriously, people have somehow developed the habit of totally overestimating racials to the point where you can't even argue with them anymore. You tell them that one racial is oh so powerful and they start switching factions and races before the beta has even started and without questioning the whole thing to begin with. Yeah that makes sense.

It might make a notable difference if you're part of the top 0.2% players in the world, but then again why would you care? Nobody's gonna push you from there anyway, seeing as the ranks of the top players get smaller and smaller. And for the rest of us racials should simply not be reason enough to warrant mass migration. You'll have a greater push from any 13 item level upgrade you get. Period.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-04-01 at 12:11 PM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't go Ally..........I AM ally....... and horde..
    Why would I pay full for something when I only use half of it? Silly concept..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Douster View Post
    If the new draenei female looks even better than current I'll go back to alliance, but this has nothing to do with racials. Also depends on my friends' faction choice but I'll convince them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Sorry Blizzard, want more people to transfer? Offer it for free. Otherwise, quit "wishing" there was a way to even it out.
    If they'd want us to transfer, they would first have to eliminate the option to have it for free.
    Rolling a new toon and level it up, or nowadays boost one, isn't going away.
    Only nerds feel pressured to change over an ability..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    I am ally already, but I dont participate in the pvp-minigame really.

Deleted
    If human racials go in as announced & EMFH remains you can be sure lots will go alliance.

Hell the 1 min escape artist is bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    If they'd want us to transfer, they would first have to eliminate the option to have it for free.
    A much bigger concern in NA is the queue times. I'm back on a Horde toon now and these 20 minute queue times (which actually take 25 minutes to pop) are driving me crazy.

30 second BG queue times > Perceived difference between racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    People being unwilling to level is why the 90 boost was created. Telling people to "level or pay the transfer fee if you want to play alliance" isn't working.

Also, I don't give a shit about racials. I'm done chasing that expensive carrot.

Might level my first ever alliance toon to get Shadowmeld for another Druid. Racial is so far above the rest for Druid pvp that I wanted to try it out. Too bad I couldn't be Dwarf, though. Only alliance race that's cool. Rest of 'em suck almost as much as Blood elves.