Prot 10H Siegecrafter shredder strat?

Hi guys! I've been doing siegecrafter as monk for a while. Recently we had roster change and it appears that might be better for me to switch to pally for buff. But overall I feel my pally doesn't do as much dps as monk so I am a bit concerned about dps on shredder. I wish to ask how are you guys usually handling shredder? Mostly,

1) What talent/glyph choice you use? I know for talent Execution Sentence, glyph focused shield, WoG are must. What about others? Mainly I was thinking about HA or DP.

2) How do you manage your rotation? I was thinking save a WoG at the beginning, and one for Death from Above, do Execution Sentence 1-2 sec before Death from Above. Anything else that will help?

3) Any other tips are welcome.

Thank you!

Pop WoG (glyphed) as it starts the cast, hit one ability, then hit execution sentence. make sure you have 5 holy power when it goes up so that you can ShoR-AS-J-ShoR-HW and that together with the ES should be enough to kill it (final wrath and focused AS glyphed).

Deleted
    1) Glyph of WoG is definately not a must but if you have the 4p it probably helps more than AS glyph. I did it in 543 ilvl with LAotL, Focused Shield, Final Wrath and I believe Alabaster Shield but the third one really does not matter. Our team tried basically every rotation of killing shreddars and used a tactic where one tank would kill 4 shreddars with 3,4,4 and 5 stacks, the other tank would kill two with 5 and 5 stacks. LAotL is probably the most important talent if you can use it well. It was so amazing on this fight, dont know what I would have done without it really.

When I was the first tank having to kill a shreddar with 3 stacks I opted for ES and HA simply for reliability. It worked with DP aswell, but was far too reliant on getting atleast one good crit to kill the first shreddar before the fourth overload. So I used HA for the first and AW for the second add when I was the tank that started to kill shreddars.

When I was the second tank having 5 stacks both times I killed shreddars, I used HP and DP instead, simply because it was so easy to kill it with 5 stacks anyway, those talent benefited me more over the rest of the fight. HP gave some awesome snap heals when people stood in shit.

2) Just bring it down as low as possible before the DFA and have all your hard hitting spells ready for when it lands.

Didnt they nerf the shreddars HP by the way in the siegecrafter nerf? Or is my memory just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    1) Glyph of WoG is definately not a must but if you have the 4p it probably helps more than AS glyph. I did it in 543 ilvl with LAotL, Focused Shield, Final Wrath and I believe Alabaster Shield but the third one really does not matter. Our team tried basically every rotation of killing shreddars and used a tactic where one tank would kill 4 shreddars with 3,4,4 and 5 stacks, the other tank would kill two with 5 and 5 stacks. LAotL is probably the most important talent if you can use it well. It was so amazing on this fight, dont know what I would have done without it really.

When I was the first tank having to kill a shreddar with 3 stacks I opted for ES and HA simply for reliability. It worked with DP aswell, but was far too reliant on getting atleast one good crit to kill the first shreddar before the fourth overload. So I used HA for the first and AW for the second add when I was the tank that started to kill shreddars.

When I was the second tank having 5 stacks both times I killed shreddars, I used HP and DP instead, simply because it was so easy to kill it with 5 stacks anyway, those talent benefited me more over the rest of the fight. HP gave some awesome snap heals when people stood in shit.
    I'm taking your first tank's job and what you said is exactly what I had in mind and practiced on normal yesterday. Guess I'll just see how it works on heroic.

Thanks!

We solo-heal it, and we have one tank take the first three shredders at stacks 3, 4 and 5 and then tank 2 takes the fourth shredder with 5 stacks. We kill the boss in about 4 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    We solo-heal it, and we have one tank take the first three shredders at stacks 3, 4 and 5 and then tank 2 takes the fourth shredder with 5 stacks. We kill the boss in about 4 minutes.
    Doesn't sound right to me. If your first tank take first 3 shredder then by then 4th comes shouldn't your other tank have at least 7 stacks? And what belt strat you guys are using for this?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    Doesn't sound right to me. If your first tank take first 3 shredder then by then 4th comes shouldn't your other tank have at least 7 stacks? And what belt strat you guys are using for this?
    Pull
    Stack 1 - Tank 1 (1)
    Stack 2 - Tank 1 (2)
    Stack 3 - Tank 1 (3) kills add
    Stack 4 - Tank 2 (1)
    Stack 5 - Tank 2 (2)
    Stack 6 - Tank 1 (4) kills add
    Stack 7 - Tank 2 (3)
    Stack 8 - Tank 2 (4)
    Stack 9 - Tank 2 (5) kills add
    Stack 10 - Tank 1 (1)
    Stack 11 - Tank 1 (2)
    Stack 12 - Tank 1 (3)
    Stack 13 - Tank 2 (1)
    Boss dead

Pull
    Stack 1 - Tank 1 (1)
    Stack 2 - Tank 1 (2)
    Stack 4 - Tank 2 (1)
    Stack 5 - Tank 2 (2)
    Stack 7 - Tank 2 (3)
    Stack 8 - Tank 2 (4)
    Stack 10 - Tank 1 (1)
    Stack 11 - Tank 1 (2)
    Stack 12 - Tank 1 (3)
    Stack 13 - Tank 2 (1)
    Boss dead
    This is same as what we did. Tank 1 got first 2 shredder not 3.

Deleted
    Pull
    Stack 1 - Tank 1 (1)
    Stack 2 - Tank 1 (2)
    Stack 4 - Tank 2 (1)
    Stack 5 - Tank 2 (2)
    Stack 7 - Tank 2 (3)
    Stack 8 - Tank 2 (4)
    Stack 10 - Tank 1 (1)
    Stack 11 - Tank 1 (2)
    Stack 12 - Tank 1 (3)
    Stack 13 - Tank 2 (1)
    Boss dead
    It works better if the Tank 1 takes the 13th stacks with the shreddar spawns, especially if the boss does not die at that point.

It works better if the Tank 1 takes the 13th stacks with the shreddar spawns, especially if the boss does not die at that point.
    The boss is about 5 seconds from death when the 13th stack lands.

Also if you are like 570+ theres is no reason to completely drop mas for crit esp for this fight. There is so little tank dmg that you might as well get free dps out of it and help kill shredders faster. I currently kill 2nd and 3rd shredder before it lands from DFA but i am 578 so helps a little but either way should easily be geared enough to do it without HA.

I don't bother changing any talents or reforges other than speccing in to Execution Sentence. As "Tank 2" in that list, I could probably white-hit it to death.

You crazy geared ppl <.<

We don't use focussed shield in our group, we use dazing shield to slow mines a bit

Really all that matters is ES and that 5 second window after DFA. Get that down and the shredder explodes. Fuck it up and it takes way longer to kill.

Deleted
    The boss is about 5 seconds from death when the 13th stack lands.
    Well yeah, with your dps maybe. Not sure the OP got the same DPS. For us it was not on our first kill for example. Better safe than sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    We don't use focussed shield in our group, we use dazing shield to slow mines a bit
    For some reason I loled at that. Just get this crazy picture of a tiny paladin running aroud chasing mines with his shield

Well yeah, with your dps maybe. Not sure the OP got the same DPS. For us it was not on our first kill for example. Better safe than sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason I loled at that. Just get this crazy picture of a tiny paladin running aroud chasing mines with his shield
    Our first kill was like Benny Hill (google his theme music), we lost a couple of dps and that's exactly what I did

Actually https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUOe_hLg7Bo