Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

The lack of news for WoD are so...

...Strange.

At least to me, it's a little bit suspicious there is no news, no new gameplay videos, no new screenshots, not at all.

This, and the 7 months pre-order tell two possible things :

1- the expasion is around the corner (may, june release) or

2- the expasion really isnt ready till fall and this is gonna cost blizz a million subs at least.

what do you think?

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well you know, screen shots and game play videos would cost us a raid teir.

Warning, stop with those useless comments and post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-31 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've been doing artcraft, developer interviews, releasing new character models, as well as the twitter and pvp things.

This "lack" is a case of "i want it all now now now" mentality.

Highly due to PAX coming up, there will be a lot of new stuff being premiered there.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    They've been doing artcraft, developer interviews, releasing new character models, as well as the twitter and pvp things.

Not entierly, compared to the news released with the other expansions, WoD has been a rather tight liped expansion. The website alone when compared to the websites of previous expansions is a bit lacking in terms of offering inside looks at dungeons, raids, new factions, new creatures, class changes, Etc. I do not see this as a "I want it now now now" mentality as much as blizz just drawing back on the information put out there so people have some curiosity going into the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post

Would you rather have a developer interview or a raid tier?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather people not use that phase because some words I can't say.

They don't want to show how bad this expansion is. What if they showed the new outland and it's really all not that much different except some colors or whatever nonsense blizzard usually does? No one wants to pay $49.99 for a patch

10+ Year Old Account
    If blizzard can't get excited for 2 full years of nothing but orcs and reused characters then how can we >.<

It's pretty sad at this point. I don't see any new news since November. There's been a couple screenshots here and there along with a couple updates to the new race models. But no release date, not significant images, beta ptr, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    It's pretty sad at this point. I don't see any new news since November. There's been a couple screenshots here and there along with a couple updates to the new race models. But no release date, not significant images, beta ptr, nothing.
    There has been plenty of news since November. You're just not paying attention or your definition of news is different.

I don't know where this entitlement came from where people think Blizzard should just release huge news blogs just because it's a random Thursday or whatever. Major chunks of news comes from big press events, with little breadcrumbs in between. That's how the industry works.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    If blizzard can't get excited for 2 full years of nothing but orcs and reused characters then how can we >.<
    Not to mention that it's coming out at a much later date and they all aren't going to be finished >.<

Yeah with PAX East coming up in less than 2 weeks they will have the demo there

But what about the info dump? Which, weeks ago, we were supposed to be counting down to in hours?

There's plenty of news if you look outside of just MMO for a source.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

A lot of reasons mingling... ESO is a factor. The buzz will be ESO, it's not like they have anything to release to counteract it like they usually do. Say what you will about ESO, but their release time is probably a good time... No highly anticipated PC or MMO releases to steal its thunder post-release for a while.

Once the brouhaha about ESO dies down, expect more news when it can actually get an eye catch from people outside the WoW bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Well you know, screen shots and game play videos would cost us a raid teir.
    I lol'd.
    Yeah... I'm surprised there's no daily WoD Screenshot thing...

We are getting the Female Draenei reveal this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I don't know where this entitlement came from where people think Blizzard should just release huge news blogs just because it's a random Thursday or whatever. Major chunks of news comes from big press events, with little breadcrumbs in between. That's how the industry works.
    We haven't even gotten that.

Just screenshots and more talk of the same old shit.