Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I want to play caster but

This whole DoT thing really peeves me off. It's like every class has to multi dot or they lose dps.

I mean what is the fun of trying to keep dots up on multiple targets? Mages gotta keep their bomb up, warlocks, even non affliction, keep dots up on everything. Then you got shadow priests and balance druid that live and breathe Dots.

I mean I could just not bother with it but if I'm not mistaken it's a dps loss and you just gonna get kicked from the raid if your dps suffers.

On cleave fights, Ele Shamans are gonna wind up multidotting regardless for Lava Surge procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    On cleave fights, Ele Shamans are gonna wind up multidotting regardless for Lava Surge procs.
    Multi flameshocking is pointless, last I heard. May as well just roll face on the CL button.

Are you trying to tell us, that you don't cleave as melee?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Are you trying to tell us, that you don't cleave as melee?
    different gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Play an Ele Shaman.

Deleted
    Frost mage, destro lock, ele shaman. Multi dotting is such a small dps gain with these specs (compared to aff lock and spriest etc) that the difference between multi dotting and not multi dotting isn't really that big a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele sham like others have said, they have one dot that isn't usually used in cleave rotation. Maybe hunter if you were thinking ranged in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Frost mage, destro lock, ele shaman. Multi dotting is such a small dps gain with these specs (compared to aff lock and spriest etc) that the difference between multi dotting and not multi dotting isn't really that big a deal.
    Immolate multi-dotting is a sizeable gain for Destro, especially under procs. Immolate itself doesn't do a ton of damage, but the Embers you get do. Additionally, most of the time you can just FnB Immo, which makes it easy to maintain. Sure, the gain isn't as large as multidotting with Aff/SP, but it's not so small that you can reasonably ignore it.

Also, Locks have access to both Aff and Destro. I don't know about OP, but I would feel obligated to swap to Aff on fights where it's better, which would be fights that are all about multi-dotting.

Deleted
    Also, Locks have access to both Aff and Destro. I don't know about OP, but I would feel obligated to swap to Aff on fights where it's better, which would be fights that are all about multi-dotting.
    That's like 1 fight in the entire instance which is protectors. Demo and sometimes destro dominate every single other fight.

Deleted
    That's like 1 fight in the entire instance which is protectors. Demo and sometimes destro dominate every single other fight.
    Demo dominating? This isn't ToT anymore

There are plenty of ranged specs that are basically just "blow up your target." Most of them, really.

The ones that rely heavily on multi-dotting are basically incredibly frustrating to play because you can't blow ANYTHING up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Demo dominating? This isn't ToT anymore
    Yeah I was going to say, as far as I've seen, Demonology was removed from the game.

You need to be Affliction on Thok as well. You can't get any Chaos Bolts off most of the time. Multi-dotting is only on Heroic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    You need to be Affliction on Thok as well. You can't get any Chaos Bolts off most of the time. Multi-dotting is only on Heroic, though.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...&class=Warlock

Affliction is better sure, but destro can still do some pretty decent numbers on Thok. If someone is more comfortable playing destro then staying destro for Thok isn't going to be a big difference.

Why not play a hunter?

Say what.

Having immolate up on multiple targets provides a decent boost to your ember regen, even more so if you can hit 2 or more of those mobs with RoF.

Play an Ele Shaman.
    This pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Multi flameshocking is pointless, last I heard. May as well just roll face on the CL button.
    If mobs aren't stacked for "roll face on the CL button", rolling Flame Shock on different targets is a marginal DPS increase, though nowhere near as much as most other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Why not play a hunter?
    This also, hunters don't prioritize multi-dotting.

Deleted
    i don't have exact numbers, but when i saw another frost mage refusing to multi-dot on protectors, doing 50% less damage than me (my ilvl : 568 vs 565, both have leg back), i really have doubt about it being only a small dps increase.

And it's not because other classes have a bigger dps loss from not multi dotting, that you should not do it on your toon, if for you it is a significant dps increase (and 10%+ is significant for me)

Multi dotting can be seen as chore, but if you use an addon that show you the dot, with its remaing duration on the nameplate and configure a mouse-over macro to refresh it, it becomes easier. Also, as a frost mage, there is not really a multi-target rotation for 4 target or less : you just do your single target rotation, and when your bomb is about to fall on your target, you refresh it and cycle through the 2-4 ennemies refreshing it on them too, while going on with the ST rotation (consuming procs).
    You should not block on the fact that you won't have 100% uptime on every target. Have 100% uptime on one of the target, and any more dot damage that you can get is bonus dps that you can work on increasing over the weeks.

If you want to try a caster, try a frost mage (i'm a bit biaised on this one )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    This is not true. A bit of extra haste and Backdraft x 3 can get a chaos bolt off between deafening screeches, not to mention glyphing Havoc for the bats usually sends me from the middle of the pack in DPS to the top of the charts.

Both specs perform well on Thok and depends on the composition of your raid.

lol do u even raid??

INFRACTED: Please post constructively. -Nobleshield
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2014-04-04 at 11:07 AM.