Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, currently the only integrated graphis capable of running wow reasonably well for daily use is going to be Intel's Iris Pro (HD5200)

atm the only laptop on the market that i know of with Iris Pro IGP is the late 2013 and newer 15" Macbook Pro Retina

if you plan on using this to play more than just a crutch to get by at a lan party, you should probably get a gaming laptop with a discrete GPU,

the best performance per dollar is going to be a Clevo/Sager, but keep in mind they use a flimsy plastic chassis

top quality will be either Aorus or Razer, with MSI in the same area, but a little bit cheaper

Alienware is nice if you want good support, but they are thick and not very portable

don't buy Asus, if your only choice is Asus, go outside and play with sticks to entertain yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    OP, currently the only integrated graphis capable of running wow reasonably well for daily use is going to be Intel's Iris Pro (HD5200)

atm the only laptop on the market that i know of with Iris Pro IGP is the late 2013 and newer 15" Macbook Pro Retina

if you plan on using this to play more than just a crutch to get by at a lan party, you should probably get a gaming laptop with a discrete GPU,

the best performance per dollar is going to be a Clevo/Sager, but keep in mind they use a flimsy plastic chassis

top quality will be either Aorus or Razer, with MSI in the same area, but a little bit cheaper

Alienware is nice if you want good support, but they are thick and not very portable

don't buy Asus, if your only choice is Asus, go outside and play with sticks to entertain yourself
    LOL WHAT. who would mention its okay to buy an alienware and then knock asus. april fools joke?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    LOL WHAT. who would mention its okay to buy an alienware and then knock asus. april fools joke?
    no im serious, the reason is because i've dealt with their support, Asus is a great company until you have a problem with one of their products

honestly time warner and comcast have better support than Asus

Yea, intergrated graphics card will be fine. Go with an AMD APU though, the intergrated graphics are far better than Intel's HD 4000.

I'm using a A8-3520M, which is an old model and uses a Radeon 6620G GPU and it runs wow at high settings, just shadows on low (cus shadows look shit anyway).

Get one of the newer models, something like:http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A-S...r.89639.0.html which uses an 8550G GPU and it'll eat WoW for breakfast.

I used to play wow on my old laptop with an i3 with intergrated graphics, I bought the pc about 4 years ago, and I ran wow smoothly, granted I had to keep it on low but It ran it fine, so in the end integrated graphics will do the trick. If you want a little more out of the game, then I would consider switching to a dedicated GPU

Nope, it most likely wouldn't be powerful enough to handle 25m raids such as LFR or anything as big for that matter. While WoW is a more CPU intensive game, that's not to say you don't need some GPU power to tackle large raids, cities and other zones.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenPariah View Post
    So I'm looking to buy a new laptop for playing games such as WoW and Guild Wars 2. Was wondering if buying say an i5 or i7 laptop with integrated graphics would be sufficient enough to run raids on wow and large scale pvp on other games such as guild wars 2. Was wondering everyone's opinion on whether dedicated laptop graphics card are a make it or break it for large scale mmo's. Also, I'm not talking about running at ultra settings just average.
    Unless space is at a premium in your living quarters, I would go with a custom desktop. Unless you have other reasons to own a laptop, they are not an ideal choice "for playing games". For the cost of a decent gaming laptop, you could get a nice custom rig. Let's also not forget the upgrade factor that desktops have, which laptops do not. So unless you do a fair share of traveling, do yourself a favor and get a desktop.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Hah, I didn't mean to start a window / mac war. People are so funny.
    That tends to happen sometimes... someone mentions a tech bit, someone else has a differing opinion = derail of thread

Anyways, check out the available laptops at Newegg.com, they can have some pretty good deals on laptops with dedicated graphics. You have a couple of MicroCenters nearby too, can't hurt to check them out too.

Gaming laptops by price: http://www.newegg.com/All-Gaming-Not...25&Order=PRICE
    Other laptops that may do too (intel i3-i7, with 4Gb+ RAM, dedicated graphics): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...dicated%20Card