Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just farted

discuss

as long as you don't have a full frontal with your face showing, you should be alright, but for me, its too late...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, I'm not arrogant enough to care about a "legacy".

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Six months after I stop posting, nobody will care that I ever posted at all.
    I'll care. Lessthanthree

10+ Year Old Account
    None of you people know who I am, so no, I don't care what you think of "that Adam Jensen guy."
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    None of you people know who I am, so no, I don't care what you think of "that Adam Jensen guy."
    You've done well in your career, doing Lexus and Yellow Pages ads and stuff! Bravo!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, cannot say that is on the top worry list.

Highest is maybe what impressions I leave to people who meet me. Sadly what my view is on the internet like many others, it's the net and you can be unknown, though I don't use this excuse to be a basted like some on the net.

But honest view, rather worry about the real life first, then the web. I mean, more worry about the ones you might have bumped into or met than some random name/number on the web.

Of course, no offense, there is many good people on the internet that I respect and care for but they understand this view just as much.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    What people say on the internet is insignificant, to think the views you express on the internet are taken seriously or even read is very naive.

You know, we posted 15-20 years ago on the internet too (some of use did, anyway) and where are those posts now? Burried with the sites. Even if the site itself still exists, it is rare that you could find posts older than a decade (haven't seen one in past 6 months myself). That's not to say you can post all kinds of shit and expect it to disappear over time, I'm just saying it likely will.

I have posted some things others would see as controversial or stupid, but I'm not ashamed nor do I expect anyone to ever find out. Just recently, I was trying to find a post from 2 years ago (for whatever reason) and eventhough I searched for well over 30 minutes in the webs and backups, I couldn't find one reference. Even google gives lesser priority to old posts. There is just TMI on the internet, I mean if someone wanted to dig, sure enough they would find something interesting, but nothing worth the time.

Not going to leave much. I was born when PROTECT YOUR IDENTITY was the rule of internet surfing. My Facebook is friends only, with like a handful of actual friends/family. Even on Facebook I use an alias with random data (I live in Bitchfield, and hail from Fucking, Austria.)

I mean if someone where to dig deep in the early 2000's when I owned a yaoi fansite, Ive got nothing incriminating on me online.

Deleted
    I don't use my real name on the internet so average joe and companies won't be able to fine me.

Nope, I'm behind seven proxies.

Deleted
    I already do regret somet things I've posted here last year but I wouldn't just delete or make them important enough to hurt me in any way, other than being embarassed (which I'm totally fine with).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've read many stories of people with excellent grades and experience getting turned down for jobs they were more than qualified for because the HR person checking them out looked at their Facebook page. Screw 10 years from now. Stupidity online can bite you on the ass today.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

I do not fear what I put online as I can basically be who ever I want and there are really no consequences for any actions online. I mean the worst thing's I may leave behind is my shitty grammar and English.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post
    I've read many stories of people with excellent grades and experience getting turned down for jobs they were more than qualified for because the HR person checking them out looked at their Facebook page. Screw 10 years from now. Stupidity online can bite you on the ass today.
    This is why I refuse to waste any time at all with Facebook or any other social media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting with BBS usage some 20 years ago, moving through the likes of AOL online and then the internet forums as we use them today...
    Am I concerned? Fuck no..
    There's nothing left that's any older than 3 years the most, when I search for myself. It's all gone. Some early stuff used to be stored on 5.25" and then 3.5" floppies.
    They are gone too.

If you are worried about such things, simply stay away and stop posting stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post
    That's why you have more than one of such accounts, and if you stop using any, simply close them......

I have a FB acct for bullshitting around in games etc.. That has a neutral name...
    And I have another FB account that has my real name. There are no games, there is only close family and rl friends on my list, and the material found there is either private family convo, or pics that are family and work related. That would pass any HR test with flying colors.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2014-04-01 at 01:45 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Nobody will ever take me seriously cause I flip-flop all over the place throughout my posting history, and I've mentioned several times that I might have a few screws loose or be off my rocker. So no worries mentally impaired handwaive ftw!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Remember that kid that made inappropriate nationalistic remarks that one time and then went on to troll that one guy?

Then remember that time he accidentally started a flame war by mistakenly taking a joke seriously?

Yeah. Me either. You don't have anything to worry about.
    As long as you are anonymous, yes. If your identity can be found you can have lots of trouble IRL if you are an asshat on the internet. Today this mostly (only) applies to people being idiots on facebook and other places where you act with your name and picture, but there are exceptions. More so if you are a famous person obviously, since it then becomes realistic that people will try to dig your skeletons up. Since you don't really know what the future holds for you I would be a bit careful with that sort of stuff. I'm not talking about trolling threads and being a nuisance, more along the lines of neo-nazi and misogynist stuff (some examples of what people usually discuss in the "safe" anonymous internet). If you ever become a public person those kinds of things can can destroy your career if dug up.

Sometimes I feel like creating a new account since I've posted some heavily hormone influenced posts when I was younger :/

Edit: The point being that I may not be taken seriously sometimes after those posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I'm a jobless NEET, I don't think I need to worry about future employers.