Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Survival Hunter currently want to try Beast Mastery.

Hey I've just recently returned to the game to play properly as I'm extremely rusty with the game I'm simply being schooled by others.
    So I've been playing Crit/Haste Survival Hunter, but it's horribly based around RNG with the 4 proc, depending on how many Explosive Shots reoccur and how many times it even procs from Black Arrow.

So I've been seeing a trend between playing Beast Mastery, the cookie cutter seemed to be Crit/Haste but now there's a lot of players going for Haste/Mastery and I've had a small amount of info I should try and hit 30% Haste unbuffed then go fully for Mastery.

So what I'm asking (90% of the people here are probably more informed than me about Hunters in the current state) if you've tried the new Beast Mastery reforging, what results did you get? And what are the core items required to even try the spec out (such as Ticking Ebon Detonator) and the exact stat weights you used etc, would help a lot. And could you possibly post the min/max of damaging as this spec, such as not Focus Firing during Bestial Wrath.

Thanks, Quazi.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are just returning to the game, you probably don't have the legendary meta gem or cloak. If so, stacking crit will probably be better for your gear. Folks with the legendaries get better results from haste builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    stay crit>haste>mastery till you get better gear, most of the info you got is probably wrong people just copying hunters in high item levels, even though their gear cant support it. you dont need TED to play bm. Also a link to your armory would be nice.

"Core items" would be Heroic AoC, a lot of Haste on your gear and a generally high item level.

The Detonator is nice but not required.

The min-maxing would take long to go through but some basics would be..

1) Don't use Focus Fire during Bestial Wrath or Detonator procs.
    2) Don't macro Bestial Wrath + Kill Command (not so much min-maxing tho. xP)
    3) Go Herbalism. (Super optional, don't really)

Can't think of more just this early but I'm sure I'll come up with more.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing to consider when using Bestial Wrath is to make sure you summon Dire Beast (assuming you have that as your talent) before popping BW. If you don't have DB as your talent or it's not ready yet, just make sure to have around 60-80 focus so you don't waste any GCDs on Cobra Shot. It's pretty important you make sure to use all the GCDs during BW on Kill Command, Glaive Toss and Arcane Shot. You'll also want to try and fit two KCs in one BW. Same applies, and even more so, if you have the T16 4-piece bonus.

And yeah, don't bother with Haste/Mastery until you're much more geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
    Another thing to consider when using Bestial Wrath is to make sure you summon Dire Beast (assuming you have that as your talent) before popping BW. If you don't have DB as your talent or it's not ready yet, just make sure to have around 60-80 focus so you don't waste any GCDs on Cobra Shot. It's pretty important you make sure to use all the GCDs during BW on Kill Command, Glaive Toss and Arcane Shot. You'll also want to try and fit two KCs in one BW. Same applies, and even more so, if you have the T16 4-piece bonus.

And yeah, don't bother with Haste/Mastery until you're much more geared.
    You can't really time Dire Beast like that with the CDR trinket which is pretty much baseline now and you should never delay it. It's the single highest prio except Serpent Sting on the target.

Also gratz with your first post and welcome.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    You can't really time Dire Beast like that with the CDR trinket which is pretty much baseline now and you should never delay it. It's the single highest prio except Serpent Sting on the target.

Also gratz with your first post and welcome.
    Ta.

I probably wasn't clear enough - I didn't mean that you should ever really delay BW for DB (nor delay DB at all), but just that if DB is literally coming off cool-down, just use it before popping BW (assuming it is also about to be ready or has just come off cool-down) so you don't waste a GCD on it. With the 4-piece, I'd say this is probably more important now than ever before. I do stand by my statement on delaying BW ever so slightly, however, if you haven't got enough focus to last you through its duration without having to use Cobra Shot.

Ta.

I probably wasn't clear enough - I didn't mean that you should ever really delay BW for DB (nor delay DB at all), but just that if DB is literally coming off cool-down, just use it before popping BW (assuming it is also about to be ready or has just come off cool-down) so you don't waste a GCD on it. With the 4-piece, I'd say this is probably more important now than ever before. I do stand by my statement on delaying BW ever so slightly however if you haven't got enough focus to last you through its duration without having to use Cobra Shot.
    True but that doesn't happen too often, is all, and delaying either is a DPS loss.

Besides, if you have to delay BW because your focus is low, that's a mistake altogether as you wanna save up focus in the globals leading up to it.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    True but that doesn't happen too often, is all, and delaying either is a DPS loss.

Besides, if you have to delay BW because your focus is low, that's a mistake altogether as you wanna save up focus in the globals leading up to it.
    Mmhm, the tip is there for the benefit of someone I assume is completely new to Beast Mastery (not that I haven't been guilty of making that mistake every now and then). For the sake of credibility, 14/14 HC (Vandler; Azuremyst). I'd link but mmo-c doesn't seem to want to allow that until I've been around here for longer.

Edit: On another note, I haven't done any hard theorycrafting on the stat prio switch but I was talking with the other hunters in my guild and my guess was that the recent buff to AOH is the major reason behind it. How accurate is this?
    Last edited by Recoil; 2014-04-01 at 06:42 AM.

Edit: On another note, I haven't done any hard theorycrafting on the stat prio switch but I was talking with the other hunters in my guild and my guess was that the recent buff to AOH is the major reason behind it. How accurate is this?
    I got no idea - I wasn't really heavy into theorycrafting before the buff so I'm not sure what changed things around like this.

Stat weights atm tho: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfmeyy8ds3...sDBGlaive.html ("Azortharion" is just Haste > Mastery > Crit aka my build).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    stay crit>haste>mastery till you get better gear, most of the info you got is probably wrong people just copying hunters in high item levels, even though their gear cant support it. you dont need TED to play bm. Also a link to your armory would be nice.
    Ah yes, sorry! I left that out.
    Hmm seems I haven't posted enough to be able to use links but my characters name is "Quazi" on Ragnaros - EU.

Definitely go Haste > Mastery with this gear.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Quazi/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quazi View Post
    Ah yes, sorry! I left that out.
    Hmm seems I haven't posted enough to be able to use links but my characters name is "Quazi" on Ragnaros - EU.
    Gear is pretty decent. If you want to go BM full time then you reforge haste>mastery>crit. To clarify you kinda want to even all stats to be around the same level with haste a little higher fallowed by mastery then crit. You don't want all haste, a little mastery and barely any crit.

Gear is pretty decent. If you want to go BM full time then you reforge haste>mastery>crit. To clarify you kinda want to even all stats to be around the same level with haste a little higher fallowed by mastery then crit. You don't want all haste, a little mastery and barely any crit.
    Full-on Haste is pretty sick atm actually, doesn't lose particular value. Absolute BiS is something like 17.5k haste, 10.5k mastery and 6.5k-ish crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Full-on Haste is pretty sick atm actually, doesn't lose particular value. Absolute BiS is something like 17.5k haste, 10.5k mastery and 6.5k-ish crit.
    havent played bm in a month or so, have to try it.

havent played bm in a month or so, have to try it.
    Haste beats Mastery single-target but it has a few breakpoints, however Haste is sick for cleave/AoE as it buffs Beast Cleave with pet autos so it's generally what to go for - there's a 1k DPS increase in going for Hastecap > Mastery > Haste > Crit for absolute single-target but as you know that's just Iron Juggernaut. It's not so much about balancing stats anymore, Crit is simply weak in most gear, Mastery is pretty potent and Haste is to BM what Mastery is to destrolocks (decent single-target, amazing AoE). Maybe not quite as OP but you get my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste beats Mastery single-target but it has a few breakpoints, however Haste is sick for cleave/AoE as it buffs Beast Cleave with pet autos so it's generally what to go for - there's a 1k DPS increase in going for Hastecap > Mastery > Haste > Crit for absolute single-target but as you know that's just Iron Juggernaut. It's not so much about balancing stats anymore, Crit is simply weak in most gear, Mastery is pretty potent and Haste is to BM what Mastery is to destrolocks (decent single-target, amazing AoE). Maybe not quite as OP but you get my point.
    Makes sense, sucks my gear is crit heavy.

You generally go BM at a higher item level. Usually when you're high enough to warrant BM spec change, you'll have your cloak. Haste with cloak is way better than crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nukias View Post
    You generally go BM at a higher item level. Usually when you're high enough to warrant BM spec change, you'll have your cloak. Haste with cloak is way better than crit.
    You think 515 ilvl is high enough? I had something like that back in tot when I went to BM as mainspec, only played survival on dark animus (pet tanking add qq).

Afaik haste haste build is the one you need decent gear, not the BM spec.

Deleted
    u guys got so much haste when i switch to bm (currently trying) i only ve 12k haste with full reforge into it ^^ and thats with 577 ilvl T_T