10+ Year Old Account

help me build a workout plan

Goal: To add about 10kg of muscle/size/strength

Current fitness: just turned 25 roughly 6ft 185 cm 75kg was 78kg but I got a chest infection recently. I have a slim build body shape currently in shape but small in size with most of my muscle and weight in my legs. at 18 I was 58kg so I have done a few years of gym prior to starting hockey 3 years ago.

current exercise: i walk my dog 2x a day for a minimum of 20min, 1.5 hours ice hockey training Thursday night. 1 ice hockey game on Sunday.

Diet: high carb, high vegie and fruit intake, dairy and beans and lentil for protein with minimal meat

got a home gym equipped with bench,back,dumbbells,curl bar also got a bmx and mountain bike.

Here is what I think.
    Monday: bi, tri, shoulders
    Tuesday: chest
    Wednesday: back
    Thursday: icehockey training
    Friday: Legs
    Saturday: Rest/ possible 2nd hockey training.
    Sunday: ice hockey game.

K go!

- - - Updated - - -

not even 1 word reply.
    Last edited by sargior; 2014-04-03 at 11:20 PM.

3 day split -
    Day 1. Back and Tri's
    Day 2. Legs
    Day 3. Chest and Bi's
    Day 4. Rest and repeat

After 2 months you will need to completely adjust your program as your body will have adapted to everything done thus far and now plateau.

As for your shoulders: they get plenty of exercise assisting other muscle groups so give it a few months before you work in anything geared towards that type of movement.
    Calvs, forearms, traps - work those as much as you can, everyday even, via super setting.
    Abs - I'm sure you know what to do here and so I just wanted to add that they should only be worked every other day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping to avoid training on days that I had games on and I will definitely not be able to do legs on the same day because I will fatigue.

apart from that I can give it a go as currently im just working out for the fun of it.

Also should I be aiming for high reps low weight or high weight lower reps?

As Starquake posted, get a fullbody routine.
    A lot of people disregard fullbody's as pure strength and powerlifter routines - while in essence, they will help you tremendously with your strength, they will of course add size (presuming you are in a calorie surplus - that is the MAIN thing).
    No one squatting 500lb for reps is going to be small.

Another recommendation will be ICF 5x5.

But BEFORE starting, work out your diet.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculato...alculator.html

Eat above that number. If you eat above that number, you will put on muscle, but also put on fat (also want to point out, 10kg of muscle, you're in for at least a 10 month trip). If you're slightly over that number, say, no more than 500 calories (ie clean bulk), you will minimize your fat gain. If you're a lot over that number (ie dirty bulk), you will put on a lot more fat but maximize your muscle gain.
    This is where you gotta choose what's good for you.
    Spend more time clean bulking but when you want to cut, you will spend less time.
    Or spend less time bulking but more time on a cut.

Make sure you're getting .8-1.5g of protein per LB of lean body mass (how much you'd weigh if you didn't have any fat on you)
    .45g of fat per LB of bodyweight
    Fill the rest with whatever you want. Fat, protein, carbs, whatever.

PS: Don't use the word toned. It's the bad foot smell of the fitness lingo
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

Deleted
    Try mass gainer it's good to gain some mass then go with Whey isolated.
    And a 3 day split:
    Day 1. Back and biceps
    Day 2. Legs and shoulders
    Day 3. Chest and triceps

Quote Originally Posted by Dreavis View Post
    Try mass gainer it's good to gain some mass then go with Whey isolated.
    And a 3 day split:
    Day 1. Back and biceps
    Day 2. Legs and shoulders
    Day 3. Chest and triceps
    Mass gainers are a good way to throw money away.

Eating calorie dense foods (avocado, nutella, bacon, peanut butter etc) is going to do the same thing.
    Or better yet, make your own mass gainer.

Ice cream, M&Ms, nutella, full fat milk, choc mint whey, banana, honey ... omnomnomnom
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

10+ Year Old Account
    A push pull split, has served me well for a long time. It's mon, tues, wed with basically; push days (push-ups, shoulders, squats and dips) and pull days (curls, abs, traps and back) with weekends off.

This lets you have higher intensity without causing a lot of tendon problems, which will happen if you go too hard like I tended to do, in the beginning. The 'split' part is doing a two pull week, one week and then a two push week the next, then rotate week to week.

Mon: push
    Wed: pull
    Fri: push

Mon: pull
    Wed: push
    Fri: pull

Workouts are different for everyone but this one is pretty sweet. If I could commit to one of those stupid rice, oatmeal, chicken and steak diets... I would be fucking ripped. But just eating clean is fine IMO, that way you're lean, strong as hell and healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I have been doing the full body workout that Starquake linked.

takes me 25 minutes 3 times a week. now mid way my 3rd week on this and got my technique and got a baseline of weight now working on gains.

Using Gym hero free on my iphone to track my progress. I am already putting on size, eating more so its working.