Why aren't vanilla PvP titles account-wide?

I had for a long time tried to restore my old vanilla account with my Champion Warlock in order to merge with my new account and give my main character the Champion title. This has taken me almost two years of frequent tickets to Blizzard and when I finally had it recovered and logged in to my warlock with Champion title to get the achievement and then on my priest to change my title... And man was I disappointed when I couldn't find Champion in my title list. So I searched a bit and found out you only get the FoS account-wide but the title is for the character you got the ratings with. How come all "old" titles like Scarab Lord, Hand of A'dal and Champion of the Naaru are account-wide but my Champion title isn't? Makes no sense to me.

Basically because they arrogantly said so (and wanted to promote the abomination called RBG).

Because of that attitude I can't care less about playing RBG's. I did my share back then (and it was truly sick these days to stay 12 to 16hrs a day, at least on my then-server).

Ex-R13.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

Quote Originally Posted by Deng View Post
    Basically because they arrogantly said so (and wanted to promote the abomination called RBG).

Because of that attitude I can't care less about playing RBG's. I did my share back then (and it was truly sick these days to stay 12 to 16hrs a day, at least on my then-server).

Ex-R13.
    But that is some flawed logic. What would be the incentives for a Cata High Warlord to wanna RBG in Mists? Yet they keep the title. I've done my fair share of BG's, now I want my title.

They should be for the insanely unhealthy lifestyle it promoted trying to gain rank lol. Going to bed and waking up to join the same AV in progress....good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was sad to see these titles come back for RBGs.

Sigh,

Ex-R14 Rogue

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only ever got to Knight-Champion, but until RBG's it was a good Title to show that you actually did play a fair bit in Vanilla.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thralls Balls View Post
    They should be for the insanely unhealthy lifestyle it promoted trying to gain rank lol. Going to bed and waking up to join the same AV in progress....good times.
    Or just the rampant account sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by ClixxHeals View Post
    But that is some flawed logic. What would be the incentives for a Cata High Warlord to wanna RBG in Mists? Yet they keep the title. I've done my fair share of BG's, now I want my title.
    Some of the people actually like pvp. Title or not they keep going because the title isn't all they care about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deng View Post

Ex-R13.
    The vanila titles were only available on the toon that got them for over 6 years prior to RBGs, I guess they were really planning out that promotion.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClixxHeals View Post
    So I searched a bit and found out you only get the FoS account-wide but the title is for the character you got the ratings with.
    Incorrect. The FoS for your highest vanilla pvp rank is character-specific. Meaning it will show up on the character you earned it on but no others. This is along the lines of other FoS like the Tabard of the Protector and Tabard of the Argent Dawn. So it's not just exclusive to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    Incorrect. The FoS for your highest vanilla pvp rank is character-specific. Meaning it will show up on the character you earned it on but no others. This is along the lines of other FoS like the Tabard of the Protector and Tabard of the Argent Dawn. So it's not just exclusive to this.
    The FoS is account wide. Same with tabard of the protector (not sure about argent dawn). I know because i have the fos on my current main and i haven't logged on the char i achieved my pvp rank and protector tabard on since wrath (i believe)

Deleted
    I also i`m not happy with that to have only One "Champion" in mine toons but after all thats why he is only one mine main so for now the rest just get some other titles who are account-wide and are rare or dint exist anymore
    Maybe we have to ask blizz why ???
    P.S. if i played PvP would aim to Hero of the Horde/Alliance but sadly i dint have free $$$$$ to waste for boosts
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2014-04-03 at 07:05 PM.