Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Every add you kill does equal amount of its hp to the boss also and aoe damage is a lot higher than single target. The more adds you can spawn and handle the easier the fight is.
    Are you sure? I know this is how Norushen works, but I was never aware that Immerseus had the same mechanic. If you're 10 man, I would say that 2 is too low. Immerseus is actually a DPS check, especially with 3 healers, for the first two phases because you want to down him right before or during the 2nd swirl, to avoid him getting 50 stacks again. In order to comfortably do this, you need people to be taking, at minimum 3, preferably 4 stacks. At 4, the damage is not overwhelming even for healers progressing on this fight, and with a properly timed Tranq or other powerful raid-healing CD, it's almost trivial. If you're only getting to 2 stacks, then stopping for the 6 or whatever seconds it takes for them to drop off, you're going to have a hard time making the DPS check.

Unless of course you're 25 man, in which you probably couldn't get more than 3 if you tried. We had a healer join our 10m coming from a 25, and he didn't even know the mechanic existed. I still can't believe Blizzard made it 50 stacks for both 10 and 25, but I suppose that was the only way to make the encounter work.
    Last edited by Nebs; 2014-04-05 at 10:32 PM.

Read a few posts.. saw something about a brewmaster? or are you still running 2 Blood DKs?

Anyway
    2tank, 3 heal (if you aren't already)

Whichever tank you are having pick up adds, tanks the first.. debuff (the breath).. the moment he eats the breath, he then goes to pickup adds (they will start spawning 2-3 seconds beforehand)
    - This gives this tank a buttload of vengence, making add pickup, and damage, MUCH easier.

No dps should be on adds... other then LIGHT aoe when they are trying to drop THEIR stacks (the debuff you get from attacking the boss).
    Dps should only get 3 stacks max before stopping attacking the boss.

The first DPS check is:
    - 1st breath, tankswap, adds start coming
    - 2nd breath, no tank swap, push boss to zero (with lust) before 3rd breath.
    - IF third breath is gonna come out anyway, this tank uses shieldwall +external to survive. No tank swap. Interferes with add pickup. Only use light CD for first breath debuff (Bone shield +AMS).. 2nd Breath = VB+IBF+Sac/Vigi/PSup.

Pop raid CDs when the HEALING class oozes (the ones you heal before they reach center), pop CDs when the ones you were unable to heal are hitting the center, this is the biggest spike dmg and needs the CD. Personals +Aura Mastery are generally you only options as everyone is super spread out.

Positioning:
    ----->Purple
    ------->|
    Green - O - Red
    ------->|
    ----->Blue

^ Boss is center

Raid at blue, Current tank almost at green.
    Raid shifts left slightly each little puddle drop
    Tank keeps an eye on raid positioning and shifts clockwise (left) as needed.

With your raid comp; my assignments would be:
    Purple:
    Tanks: Blood DKx2

Spread heals out in triangle ish pattern, none directly on purple as tanks need least heals.
    Heals: Hpal, Rdruid, Rsham

Red: (highest level of movement to get there, hard-ish spot, but a hunter can stun multiples with binding arrow, and snare many with aoe ice)
    Marks hunter <-- Get this guy to be survival. Any other spec on this fight is beyond stupid. (BM has pet disappearing issues) (me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eslis/advanced)

Green: (low movement, easy-ish)
    Ret pal
    Destro lock

Blue: (least movement for non-sprintable classes.. and why is the mage arcane?)
    Enh shaman
    Arcane Mage

The problem with doing this is that the boss takes way too long to die. Every add you kill does equal amount of its hp to the boss also and aoe damage is a lot higher than single target. The more adds you can spawn and handle the easier the fight is.
    Say.. what? They are referring to the debuff stacks you get from attacking the boss. Boss has 50 stacks (50 adds) to go through. This number has no relation to the bosses HP... In the sense of, they are going to get all 50 eventually.. how fast they go through them is kinda irrelevant -- Dont get me wrong, I agree with getting them out fast then burning the adds.. but those stacks hurt. 5 stacks does more like 400k a second. 3 is as many stacks as you want in 10man. 10 man is VERY different from 25man for Immersus.. was NOT balanced correctly for heroic.

Do you have proof that the HP of the *Swelling Corruption* adds HP is connected to boss HP? I can find nothing that says they are linked. The only boss like that is the Norushen .. Amalgmation(sp?) adds which share hp with THAT boss.

I might be wrong but it's what I read in the dungeon journal in game and immerseus always seems to split faster if we handle the adds well

Just stop DPS for a bit and AoE the adds at 3-4 stacks, ideally 4. Don't be greedy with boss damage, the enrage isn't that bad. Ask your hunter to go SV since BMs aoe isn't all that great if the DKs don't have threat and adds are all over the place. Could be worth having him go Fervor as well over Thrill of the Hunt and MD-Multishot-Multishot-Fervor-Multishot to let the current add tank have threat AND do big damage. Both spells on a 30sec CD means he can use them whenever there's a large amount of adds up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

I might be wrong but it's what I read in the dungeon journal in game and immerseus always seems to split faster if we handle the adds well
    I don't think the damage is reflected. Immerseus dies faster because you clear the stacks faster and get back to going full tunnel on the boss.

My two cents:
    1) Use the conga line. It doesn't have to be perfect and it's easier than it sounds and keeps people from getting boxed in.
    2) Move RIGHT when puddles spawn, and not left, because you also want to run RIGHT to get through any swirls you cannot avoid and if you dropped nasty puddles there, you will take damage from those as well as swirl, creating more problems.
    3) The tank who takes the first corrosive blast should handle the adds. If your add tank has no vengeance, he's gonna have a hell of a time getting aggro. If he can't get aggro with all that vengeance from the blast, you may need a new tank.
    4) Everyone has to take responsibility for swelling corruption. Tell them to stop at 3 stacks and then if they screw up and take 4 it's not a big deal. Anyone who hits 5+ has basically killed himself and needs to stop it. You must deal with 50 stacks total and how you do so is up to you to figure out.
    5) You can use dispels to clear stacks faster, but everyone still needs to pay attention. We use all of our healer dispels, personal dispels and a mass dispel to clear all 50 as fast as possible and blow up the adds. This can be overwhelming for some tanks, I guess, but it's easier for ours and gets DPS back on the boss faster. If everyone gets 3 stacks, then AoEs the adds and then does it again, you clear 30 stacks right away and only have 20 to deal with on the second cycle.
    6) DPS on the adds is not terribly important. They should die before submerge, but a tank can mostly so this on his own if absolutely necessary. If your DPS don't have stacks, they should probably be hitting the boss.
    7) Do use cooldowns (devo aura) to survive any swirls you get screwed on. The explosions from the puddle are not that deadly and people can use personals to survive them, because they know it's coming and won't panic like they do with swirl.
    8) Spend some time thinking about where to split healers and DPS for submerges. The more adds you kill and heal, the less health the boss has on the next phase and the easier the rest of the fight is. Use roots, snares, knockbacks and have hybrids off-heal, even if they only slow an add down for a little bit, it will help stagger the puddle explosions.
    9) Make sure people get to their spots EARLY so you have time to adjust on the fly. I usually have those of us working the back of the room start moving around the boss at 20% to get in better positions for the add phase. Make sure the healer going back there moves, too.

Deleted
    As a (frost) mage I use Alter Time right after the 1st puddle so I can pew pew twice to 3 stacks (it resets debuffstacks after 6 secs). I wouldn't use Ginvis to get the stacks off (does that even work?) but dot up the adds instead untill you pull alot of agro and then GInvis to lose them. I gues you're using Nether Tempest where Frost-bomb would be prefered (FrostNova/Freeze the adds right before the bomb explodes for megadamage).
    I'm also on "far away" duty so I glyph double-blink and Talent Blazing speed to get the adds that spawn furthest away, Freezing them in place and slowing with Cone of Cold. Using Temporal Shield (Talent) when the healadds start hitting the inner circle. You can also dip into the puddle and lower the inner circle radius and get rid of the ticking-debuff with Iceblock.
    Just some mage-specific tips. Being frost realy helps with the adds here btw.

Mage and Hunter should be on "far away" duty because of their speed/radius and they got some high survivability so they don't need a healer watching their health so heals can focus on adds. We use a tact similar to Anzen, not alot to add there.

Also note that the fight gets easier with every passing phase, the boss has less and less health so the timespan reduces inbetween phases.
    Survive the 1st 2 and it's essentially a kill. Just make sure people do what they are supose to do all the time. There's not alot of room for error, but then again, it's called heroic for a reason
    Last edited by mmoc564ae29b7c; 2014-04-09 at 11:21 AM. Reason: formatting

Have you tried positioning your raid at the back staircase (on the way to protectors). Have the tank currently tanking the boss at the far left of the platform while everyone else is at the far right (Facing Sha positioned at the back staircase). Your second tank will taunt when after the corrosive blast which is also roughly when the adds start to come out. The other tank just rounds them up and AoE them down. Then set dps and heals to certain areas for the split phase. Every Immerseus phase should be on that back platform. Our guild has found it a lot easier to position like that. Hope this helps