Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Point at which more Haste is wasteful (Prot Pally)

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....0.0.0.0.167.2

This link compares the ring I'm after (the LFR version anyway) to the ring I currently have (my second ring is Bloodclaw Band, which is good for my spec). As you can see, even the LFR version of Asgorathian Blood Seal is better than the Timeless ring.

Although the Haste increase is attractive, I currently have 29.57% Haste on me (without BotK or any buffs). Should I concentrate on other stats, or keep stacking Haste?

Deleted
    Protection you should keep stacking haste for sure. Stop at 50% haste and you can start reforging more into mastery if required or going for socket bonus for extra strength for threat/dps. However if you feel that your having issues staying alive Haste/Stamina gem might just give you those couple of seconds extra on encounters and shouldn't hurt your haste stacking too much.
    Last edited by mmoc0e407a9965; 2014-04-01 at 12:05 PM.

Haste loses value at 21,250 rating.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Haste loses value at 21,250 rating.
    Yeah, the 50% mark. That Blackfuse ring would get me to 30% Haste, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Although the Haste increase is attractive, I currently have 29.57% Haste on me (withoutBotK or any buffs ). Should I concentrate on other stats, or keep stacking Haste?
    remember that attack speed buff does nothing for our actual haste amount. so you want 50% haste "unbuffed"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at just over 31% Haste now, thanks a lucky Timeless ring acquisition (@^$# you Blackfuse!). That should serve me well until WoD, or until I get something better.

10+ Year Old Account
    50% or 21,250 is the point at which haste becomes less effective than other secondary stats.
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

Is 50% haste unbuffed even possible without HWF gear in every slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Is 50% haste unbuffed even possible without HWF gear in every slot?
    I had it in item level 550 gear, you could have it earlier if you were willing to drop below 15% expertise.

With proper itemization you can get 21250 around 570 ilvl I know I'm currently running into an issue at 575 where I have too much haste and I'm not using haste rings and I only have a normal thoks. Edit I overlooked one thing, if you use a spark or other reforgable stat trinkets you can hit 21250 much earlier
    Last edited by Zedthetank; 2014-04-11 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Haste capping (with elixirs at least) was certainly possible back in ToT. It requires a little extra gear if you run t16 4p but is still easily doable.