Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dear Blizzard, since everyone is waiting for the new expansion, what are you doing?

Instead of putting all this effort in making something else, than these April's fool jokes...

A "few" million of other people are waiting for your "prolonged" WoD expansion release.

You are speculating on new "classes" in D3, making a really convincing story on Goblins joining the Alliance, talking about some Mortal Kombat style game.

That's a LOT of effort put in, by someone who states that they have their hands full, and making constant progress towards the release.

My thoughts, you don't give a **** about the community, will release when the moment is most opportune for you.

Best regards,

A FINALLY satisfied Diablo player, and a retired WoW player ( for now ).
    Last edited by Ohmygonzo; 2014-04-01 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they didn't care they wouldn't have done april fools..i like when they do stuff like that but i kinda agree that not as much effort should have gone in it :S

Yeah becouse its clearly the people writing the code for the expansion that are making the April fools jokes.

Hey guys lets all stop working on all our games its time for new april fools jokes.

Yeah becouse its clearly the people writing the code for the expansion that are making the April fools jokes.
    Obviously. Programmers are the only staff Blizzard has.

Deleted
    Dear Canyouweed,

It may have escaped your notice, but this is a forum that is not affiliated to Blizzard,
    Therefore I must stress that a response to your inquiry to what they are doing is about as likely to be responded to by a member of the blizzard development team as much as the now extinct Dodo coming back to life and becoming the leader of the free world.

Sincerely yours,

Random forum member.

No, no. You're getting it wrong. Informed people have shared essential information here that has to change your mind.

Blizzard's system is one of two:

1. Blizzard has special little helpers that pop out of the nether on April Fools' to create the jokes you see, while the Blizzard teams continue working on real content.

or

2. Blizzard has infinite little teams, but only when they create something nonsensical and people complain about it. If it's something great they did, it's all the work of a few teams, because they only have a few, and are looking for more employees because they need more artists. You see? Whenever someone disagrees with Blizzard, those that defend it are helped by Blizzard, who makes a team that totally didn't exist until then pop up out of nowhere.

There are many points to view this subject, but it kinda looks careless towards us ( the players ), when you see how much effort can be put in, making April's fool jokes.

And someone has to do it, it is not a group of people in charge ONLY for the April's fool jokes.

If it was a line of text, with various announcements, well, fine... But just look at MMO champ today, it is filled with more news than i have seen in weeks.

And Sigma, I am not looking for a reply from Blizzard, i just wanted to share my thoughts.
    Last edited by Ohmygonzo; 2014-04-01 at 12:36 PM.

So you think they made these jokes for themselves?

And of course they will release the expansion when it is more opportune for them. When it is ready. Meanwhile you can go play unfished toilet crap lie TESO and soon to be released Wildstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Dear Canyouweed,

It may have escaped your notice, but this is a forum that is not affiliated to Blizzard,
    Therefore I must stress that a response to your inquiry to what they are doing is about as likely to be responded to by a member of the blizzard development team as much as the now extinct Dodo coming back to life and becoming the leader of the free world.

Sincerely yours,

Random forum member.

This is true, though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know right? TOTAL SLAP IN THE FACE OFF ALL US SUBS! Can you believe that they also have a dinner break at Blizzard?!

OP Needs to relax abit and if he thinks that them making this April fools has hindered the release of Warlords he seriously has to rethink things

15+ Year Old Account
    threads like this are an april fool's miracle.

I will miss the raid tier, that went into making these April fool jokes
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I'm willing to bet that the Community Managers made the April's Fool Day content, a group of people with the task of communicating with the players. The devs don't make this content so you can retire you're little "cost a raid tier" joke and educate yourself about how Blizzard + World of Warcraft works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard, please turn this april fool's joke into real content. It sounds better than anything you've done in game since wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyouweed View Post
    Instead of putting all this effort in making something else, than these April's fool jokes...
    Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. The community is never concise, which is understandable, we're all different people with differing views, but April Fools Jokes by Blizzard are a staple of their company, I look forward to seeing their little jokes, and so many others. What's wrong with them taking a few days off of their work, to just have some fun with their community?

A "few" million of other people are waiting for your "prolonged" WoD expansion release.
    Warlords of Draenor isn't being postponed at all. Game Development isn't something you can claim will take you ~4 months, because issues arise, changes are made and development isn't a process of 1 + 1 = 2. Sometimes, you need to change the calculation, alter your opinions, and admit when you're not happy and start over.

They've done this through all previous expansions. They're not being lazy by any measure.

You are speculating on new "classes" in D3, making a really convincing story on Goblins joining the Alliance, talking about some Mortal Kombat style game.

That's a LOT of effort put in, by someone who states that they have their hands full, and making constant progress towards the release.
    See my initial point - They're humans, they're entitled to relax from time to time and share in the fun with their community.

My thoughts, you don't give a **** about the community, will release when the moment is most opportune for you.
    You know that's nonsense, and the fact that you still post it shows you're trying to stir drama. They're a company, so of course they'll release the game when it's the best time to do so, but they're also passionate Game Developers, they'll take the time they need to make the game as best as they can, in a realistic Company time frame.

A FINALLY satisfied Diablo player, and a retired WoW player ( for now ).
    So you complain about their game, yet you admit you'll be back? Sounds like you're just venting frustrating for no reason. You've no brought forward any logical reasoning, you're just whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post
    I'm willing to bet that the Community Managers made the April's Fool Day content, a group of people with the task of communicating with the players. The devs don't make this content so you can retire you're little "cost a raid tier" joke and educate yourself about how Blizzard + World of Warcraft works.
    Whatever community manager came up with this joke needs to be promoted to developer, because it's a fantastic idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard employees should be working 24/7/365 until the next expansion is released. Anything less is just an insult to their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by officerlahey View Post

Going by what they're aiming for for WoD release, it apparently doesn't work.

And the people are making those jokes is because Blizzard is actively confirming them more and more. If they didn't keep responding to posts with "That would take a raid tier", it would stop being used within 2 months of the last post.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Blizzard, please turn this april fool's joke into real content. It sounds better than anything you've done in game since wrath.
    Opinions are great, but if you seriously believe that anything since Wrath of the Lich King has been less impressive than a few jokes, then all I can say is I'm glad you're not on their development team.

You guys got me all wrong here.

Not a point that they should not be doing these things, but the site is filled with more information about something that is a complete joke, than i've seen in weeks, or maybe months of actual game information, in one day.

I respect Blizzard, and their work, would never play another MMO ( tried, not working out ), but. Just seems that they care more about these kinds of things, than something we would actually be excited to see...