Deleted

World of Warcraft Zones Cinematics

We need more zones in the form of cinematics.

I mean, think about how few of the zones have been recreated in high definition cinematic form. For someone who loves the landscapes of Azeroth and Outland, the flora and fauna, above all, I think it's a real shame that most of the zones are only represented in low poly game models.

Imagine if Blizzard made a reel of zones that revealed in detail what the zones look like in stunning HD. The view distance would be greater, the atmosphere could be doubled or trippled with the inclusion of life like models of fauna wandering about their habitats. Think, for example, how the Barrens would really look like in real life. Right now we have glimpses of places like Dun Morogh, Teldrassil, Thunderbluff, Eversong Woods, Blades Edge, Nagrand, Icecrown, Barrens, Booty Bay, Thousand Needles, Auberdine, Loch Modan and the Jade Forest. There may be more, but these are just what I can piece together from the expansion cinematics and they are very small previews. I understand that Blizzard can't allocate of time to this sort of thing, but just imagine... You'd think they'd try to make their world as realised as possible by transferring the zones into cinematics.

Each cinematic takes a huge amount of time to make, so I wouldn't bet on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSarumantheWise View Post
    We need more zones in the form of cinematics.

I mean, think about how few of the zones have been recreated in high definition cinematic form. For someone who loves the landscapes of Azeroth and Outland, the flora and fauna, above all, I think it's a real shame that most of the zones are only represented in low poly game models.

Imagine if Blizzard made a reel of zones that revealed in detail what the zones look like in stunning HD. The view distance would be greater, the atmosphere could be doubled or trippled with the inclusion of life like models of fauna wandering about their habitats. Think, for example, how the Barrens would really look like in real life. Right now we have glimpses of places like Dun Morogh, Teldrassil, Thunderbluff, Eversong Woods, Blades Edge, Nagrand, Icecrown, Barrens, Booty Bay, Thousand Needles, Auberdine, Loch Modan and the Jade Forest. There may be more, but these are just what I can piece together from the expansion cinematics and they are very small previews. I understand that Blizzard can't allocate of time to this sort of thing, but just imagine... You'd think they'd try to make their world as realised as possible by transferring the zones into cinematics.
    Most of the scenery in the cinematics just use forced perspective and layered matte paintings. It's all camera trickery.

Last edited by Kathranis; 2014-04-01 at 10:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it wasn't for how long it takes to make them, I'd agree to this.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi