[BrM] Xuen Summoned In Defensive, Change this maybe Blizzard?

Am I the only one who believes this is incredibly inconvenient ?
    That Blizzard should more then likely go about making a change to this so that as both WW and Brewmaster Xuen is summed in Assist.

I would like Xuen to actually automatically be attacking the target in which I am rather then having to consistently switch him into Assist manually every time I use him, Or get him to manually attack the target myself.

Xuen is probably my favorite spell as a Monk, I like the thought of a kickass tiger who uses the power of lightning as his primary source of power fighting by my side. So its sad that he also brings me annoyance in the middle of boss fights

So Suggestion, Can the blizzard developers kindly consider changing this? Making so that he is automatically summoned in assist rather then defensive, Would be much appreciated.

Until then, Does anyone have a macro I can use to solve this issue? Its seriously so inconvenient, Would be amazing if you have a solution to this
    Last edited by Burnick; 2014-04-02 at 10:45 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have literally never had my Xuen come out in Defensive.

He has always just started attacking whatever target I had selected when I use him.

Kind of odd :/

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
    /petassist
    /petassist
    /petassist
    /petassist
    And make sure you press the macro a few times for good measure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could always macro a command after xuen to cast his assist stance. Additionally through playing a warlock and hunter I have pet attack macro'd to my scroll wheel button and just spam that when I summon him. I've run into the same problem on occasion and it's quite annoying actually, but having him on defensive means I can send him to another target and taunt it and not worry about Xuen changing targets on me via assist target changing *shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    For me Xuen always comes out in the stance he was in last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep.

/petassist is all you need.

He's in Defensive on the assumption you're using him as a highly-dubious defensive CD due to the Provoke function, either to rip something off you, or occupy an add. If they put him on Assist and you tried to split adds or something he would constantly drag stuff back over to you, Taunt off your add, etc.

Basically Blizzard's logic was probably that there's a higher chance he will be useful to oblivious players if put in Defensive, and that experienced players that want him to be strictly a DPS CD can and will just swap him to Assist.

I also macro /petattack onto a mod key so I can force Xuen onto something specific, quickly, since Assist requires me to actually hit something and there are times I want Xuen to go THERE, RIGHT NOW while I stay here.

What's more annoying is that he jumps to your last target instead of your current target.... forcing your to move him manually.
    And
    #showtooltip
    /use Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
    /petassist
    works, but you have to hit it twice. I agree it's a
    -Lovestar, I didn't try the /petattack, i'll try adding it into my macro to see if I can force him onto my current target. It's annoying on paragons and siegecrafter when he's hitting the wrong target.

Xuen is pretty damn annoying in Arena aswell.
    Sometimes when i focus kick/paralyze some1, xuen LEAPS away from target to the guy i just focus kicked/paralyzed.
    Doesnt matter so much when kick, even though its dps loss, its mostly when i "PARALYZING THAT GUY" ---> Xuen leaps over to bust my balls

Retarded as i am i didnt consider the /petassist or passive.
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Any CC-sensitive situation is definitely a good time to bring him out on Passive and manually trigger /petattack on the correct targets. It's like wonderful memories of playing a Hunter since Vanilla.

As for his target lagging, I don't honestly have that issue, but I play with very very low latency so maybe that's a factor. Usually my problem is he won't get off my current target when I want him on something else, haha. That's what I use Passive > Attack for, to force-reset his target selection, when Assist is making him chase everything I touch.

You just have to be careful not to forget you left Xuen on Passive next time you bring him out (or his target dies), and waste like 20% of his duration until you realize he's just sitting next to you staring at the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    I have literally never had my Xuen come out in Defensive.

He has always just started attacking whatever target I had selected when I use him.

Kind of odd :/
    Mine is always summoned in defensive and it's a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Mine is always summoned in defensive and it's a pain in the ass.
    An extreme pain the damn ass lol, Nothing good about it its stupidly annoying and thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got my Xuen on perma-passive, just like my hunter pet, and he's always resummoned that way (it seems to remember), I also keep provoke turned off auto-cast. I then use a macro to summon him similar to Vereesa's, except with /petattack instead of /petassist. I summon him using that macro and spam it a few times on the target I want him on, such as spawning him and keeping him on Nazgrim while I head off to handle an add wave. I can also do things such as spawn him on Siegecrafter just after the 2nd stack, then when the shredder spawns after the 3rd stack, switch Xuen to the shredder, then when the shredder dies, switch Xuen to Siegecrafter, all using the same macro that summoned him.