Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warrior.

I think hunter is very easy to do well on, but I'm a very experienced player so my point of view may be skewed. In BGs, if you're not concerned with pulling off awesome CC chains, it's basically 3-4 abilities and you never have to stop running.

Other considerations for BGs would be: elemental shaman, destro/demo lock. Just don't expect to easily defeat melee that get on you. Ret paladin isn't terribly complicated either.

I would NOT recommend: any druid spec (very fun but not basic at all), shadow priest, or enhancement shaman (unless you enjoy turbo burst every 3 minutes and being kited for the rest of the time)

Death Knight/Warrior/Elemental/Hunter

Also this thread will likely turn into:

Person A: I think X class is easy.
    Person B: X class takes loads of skill, Y class is easy.
    Person C: Y class takes loads of skill, Z class is easy.

Or the ZZZ replies of easy to play, hard to master etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post

I would NOT recommend: any druid spec (very fun but not basic at all), shadow priest, or enhancement shaman (unless you enjoy turbo burst every 3 minutes and being kited for the rest of the time)
    I am sorry, but rdruid is very powerful in arenas and rbgs AND on top of that easy to play - especially in rbgs.I play one i should know it.

Also seems weird to compare a rdruid with a feral cat or moonkin. The rdruid is powerful in every pvp aspect of the game. while the 2 others are vastly underpowered and undepresent, even the moonkin is no longer as powerful in rbgs as he used to be just check the arsenal.

All this while moonkins and feral demands much more skill and awareness than a rdruid.

The only enjoyment of these 2 specs right now is probably some wpvp on the isle, or you are just a glad with a perfect comb.

The rdruid is one of the best specs for beginners if you want to be a healer no matter where you want him.

warrior, with out question.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    not a caster. not a caster. dont cast. trust me. for lowest learning curve with least amount of buttons i suggest frost dk. not unholy cuz it has a pet which is more to keep track of and has more buttons. rogue is the highest curve so dont do that. enha shaman is also alot of utlity and alot of totem buttons. ret pally is not has many buttons but still a utility class. other options are feral and warriors. feral is pretty striaght forward. bleed, bleed, spam, more potenial utility wise also. warrior is your juggernaut that can just tunnel stuff until it dies. go warrior.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Warrior or Hunter. Easy to pick up, but lots of potential when played at skill cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    Rogue, spam cc and walk away if things get dangerous. Assuming BG's that is. On top of that even without proper gear, your cc wil still be a valuable asset even if your damage isn't all that great.
    Nah. Not as forgiving as the classes listed above.
    Last edited by gestapo; 2014-04-05 at 02:44 AM.

Deleted
    Rogue, spam cc and walk away if things get dangerous. Assuming BG's that is. On top of that even without proper gear, your cc wil still be a valuable asset even if your damage isn't all that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Castozor View Post
    Warriors spam CC and kill everything, then walk away after everything's dead.

Hunters and Warriors seem to require the least effort in arenas. I have a feeling Enhancement/Elemental Shaman fits into the faceroll category as well. With that said I havent played any of those classes in MoP but it's the ones where I've spotted the most mistakes been made yet they've won in the end (or just shit on someone from the start). I also only do arenas on low MMR.

If you want to faceroll, roll a Shaman. Either of the dps specs will do.

10+ Year Old Account
    For melee, Ret paladin and warrior are both simple enough to play, albeit you will have to know and use macros a bit more efficiently in PvP with warriors. For ranged, hunter and warlock are both very easy to not die with, but they do have a higher skill cap at the high end, especially warlock. An easy class to do decently well with and not really try would be hunter imo. Ranged is also easier to deal with than melee so you can see the environment better and take less damage overall.

I recently asked the same question and got loads of good answers

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...class-to-learn

I went with hunter and enjoy it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallu View Post
    If you want to faceroll, roll a Shaman. Either of the dps specs will do.
    I don't know. During Ascendance they are pretty boss but Enhancement at least isn't too hot outside of it. If you enjoy the 15 seconds of fame then by all means go for it, but I wouldn't recommend it if you want to feel useful outside of that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    I am sorry, but rdruid is very powerful in arenas and rbgs AND on top of that easy to play - especially in rbgs.I play one i should know it.

Also seems weird to compare a rdruid with a feral cat or moonkin. The rdruid is powerful in every pvp aspect of the game. while the 2 others are vastly underpowered and undepresent, even the moonkin is no longer as powerful in rbgs as he used to be just check the arsenal.

All this while moonkins and feral demands much more skill and awareness than a rdruid.

The only enjoyment of these 2 specs right now is probably some wpvp on the isle, or you are just a glad with a perfect comb.

The rdruid is one of the best specs for beginners if you want to be a healer no matter where you want him.
    My post was not intended to comment on the usefulness or effectiveness of any of the specs, just the general ease with which you can be successful. I agree resto druid is very powerful, but I'd argue that rdruid is NOT easy to play, at least not at a high level. Other healers are more basic, especially shaman. Resto druids are very susceptible to target switches, especially on themselves, and it takes some practice to be able to reliably counter those situations. Being able to effectively juggle keeping hots refreshed while making use of your strong CC and maintaining proper positioning leaves you with a fairly small margin for error. They are probably the least effective burst healers, and as such must be able to avoid getting caught with their pants down in a quick target swap by the enemy team.

I've played the following classes at 90 in PvP significantly:

Mains (always have conquest cap'd out each week, usually sit in the 1600 ratings for these)
    Rogue, both assassination and sub
    Monk both DPS and Heals

Significant time played, have capped out conquest some weeks, but usually not:
    Shadow Priest
    Frost DK
    Arms Warrior
    Boomkin Druid
    Enhance Shaman

Just a few games played at 90:
    Hunter, marks and survival.

So, with that in mind, my thoughts are that arms warrior was easiest to do well with. Monk dps is also pretty easy (so few buttons compared to other stuff I've played). Shadow Priest and Boomkin are super easy when you're not getting focused, but life is hell compared to the other classes if they decide that you're the target after you've burned your big def cooldown. Frost DK is simple to play at an acceptable level, hard to play at a great level. Enhance shaman is super easy if all you care about is getting a kill every couple minutes in ascendance. Much harder if you want to play to your full potential between ascendances, at least, imo.

Hunters - simple to do OK with, especially if not the target. Hard to play really well. I think hunters are the class where I can tell the biggest difference between bad, ok, and great players. I got overwhelmed by all the keybinds after leveling mine, and instead of putting in the effort to learn how to play well, I decided to instead just stick with my current set of classes.

I can't comment on rogues. I've been playing a rogue for literally 9+ years, so I'm just too biased by familiarity to comment on that one.
    Last edited by discoepfeand; 2014-04-10 at 03:05 AM.

warrior, you hit things till they are dead, rogues are fun to and lets you skip stuff and go straight for the quest mob

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    Warrior.

I think hunter is very easy to do well on, but I'm a very experienced player so my point of view may be skewed. In BGs, if you're not concerned with pulling off awesome CC chains, it's basically 3-4 abilities and you never have to stop running.

Other considerations for BGs would be: elemental shaman, destro/demo lock. Just don't expect to easily defeat melee that get on you. Ret paladin isn't terribly complicated either.

This might blow your mind, but FDK is even easier to play than Arms Warrior in PVP.

As with any melee, if you don't suck at kiting, you can win against them. Especially as a hunter or mage, even in MoP.

If you want a class to do stupidly well in BGs with, Hunter. Warriors are good but a Hunter's best for lols. Especially at low level PVP most people won't even know you're hitting them. They'll just die. The class needs skill to excel at from what I can see, but the basics are easy and there's no big penalty to doing it wrong in BGs. You'll kill stuff fast and generally be a pain in the backside. If you want YOLO Deeps, go Warrior. They're godlike with a healer and without one will eat someone's face before dying. My Ret was pretty fun in BGs. Pop CDs and go ham every 2 minutes.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2014-04-10 at 04:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dk or elemental. Dk is pretty much straight forward, elemental has the easiest rotation.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Don't take hunter, you will have 40+ keybinds to master, I honestly believe they are one of the hardest class in PVP.
    lol, my sides hurt.

On topic though, Hunter, Monk, Frost Mage, or Enh Shammy.
    Last edited by eScar95; 2014-04-10 at 07:23 AM.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”