Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Shadow priest

Elemental shaman is pretty easy and enjoyable to begin pvping with, but you will feel like you hit a skill cap very soon. I'd say choose the class playstyle of which you enjoy. Here shamans/druids might be more fun than others as those allow you to switch between ranged/melee/healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkerzlol View Post
    Warrior is designed for beginners and is by far the easiest to play at a high level.
    Speaks the truth.

How is Elemental Shaman? Current and for the next expansion of course.

I had a 85 Ele Shaman and when I play him in BG, I have tons of fun. But arena wise and 1v1, especially against melee, there wasn't anything I could do. I dont think I'm the worst player, but it requires so much skill just to stay alive, let alone dominate.

I'm currently trying to decide which one to focus for the next expansion: Spriest, Ele Shaman, Mage or Warrior.

warrior mage or priest

Quote Originally Posted by coldcell View Post
    How is Elemental Shaman? Current and for the next expansion of course.

I had a 85 Ele Shaman and when I play him in BG, I have tons of fun. But arena wise and 1v1, especially against melee, there wasn't anything I could do. I dont think I'm the worst player, but it requires so much skill just to stay alive, let alone dominate.

I'm currently trying to decide which one to focus for the next expansion: Spriest, Ele Shaman, Mage or Warrior.
    Tanky, random acts of godly (RNG) burst, good off heals when needed.

Looks fun, sounds fun, I'm gearing mine now... because I'm kinda bored.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    so what is annoying and broken about hunters then?
    Ohh, i don't know, maybe the near unavoidable cc and the several foolproof ways to land said cc coupled with high burst. Not to mention that since deadzone was removed so had to be concussive shot. the use of it was to keep meele away from your deadzone and since that no longer exists concussive shot shouldn't either.
    Last edited by mmocd15301155a; 2014-04-19 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Tanky, random acts of godly (RNG) burst, good off heals when needed.

Looks fun, sounds fun, I'm gearing mine now... because I'm kinda bored.
    Shamans are 100% NOT tanky. Unless you talking about their gear being bulky, but Shamans are squishy squishy squishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    Shamans are 100% NOT tanky. Unless you talking about their gear being bulky, but Shamans are squishy squishy squishy.
    We have 6 seconds of tankyness every 1.5min!
    All things considered, no Shamans are not tanky, even though we use a shield. But in BG's, if you are not 1v(god knows how many), then you wont be close to dying, as you would be a Lava Burst Cannon, when you have Flame shock on 3+ targets.

Quote Originally Posted by calimmacil View Post
    Ohh, i don't know, maybe the near unavoidable cc and the several foolproof ways to land said cc coupled with high burst. Not to mention that since deadzone was removed so had to be concussive shot. the use of it was to keep meele away from your deadzone and since that no longer exists concussive shot shouldn't either.
    "high burst"?

do u even mage, warlock, boomkin, warrior, spriest? Our burst is a 110k chimera crit with some arcane shots to follow up. Guess what, if it doesn't crit we have no burst.

Trap is almost NEVER foolproof. There's always something the other team can do to stop it unless the hunter team has cross-cced the entire team and made sure any pets are not near the trap target as well.

Concussive shot, you realise melee have several ways to either remove this or just plain ignore it?

Deleted
    "high burst"?

do u even mage, warlock, boomkin, warrior, spriest? Our burst is a 110k chimera crit with some arcane shots to follow up. Guess what, if it doesn't crit we have no burst. your opener only can be way more than that (aimed+chimera) and i never said the highest burst but high burst, l2read

Trap is almost NEVER foolproof. There's always something the other team can do to stop it unless the hunter team has cross-cced the entire team and made sure any pets are not near the trap target as well. trap might not be fool proof (which i never said, again l2read) but the several ways to land it is (scatter, wyvern or intimidation, lullaby/bad manners, entrapment (which also prevents others from eating it))

Concussive shot, you realise melee have several ways to either remove this or just plain ignore it? its not an annoyance only for meele but also for casters ya know
    Read bolded

Read bolded
    nice edit to your original post

scatter>trap isn't foolproof

wyvern> trap DRs the trap

Intimidation> trap once every minute.

lullaby/monkeypoo>trap once every 2 minutes.

entrapment is survival only.

how is concussive annoying for casters?

Deleted
    nice edit to your original post

scatter>trap isn't foolproof

wyvern> trap DRs the trap

Intimidation> trap once every minute.

lullaby/monkeypoo>trap once every 2 minutes.

entrapment is survival only.

The only edit was a correction on the spelling of concussive shot, other than that you proved you are a dumb-ass, im done with you.
    Thank mmo designer for ignore function.
    Last edited by mmocd15301155a; 2014-04-19 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Added a sentence (just so illana doesnt get confused what gets edited)

The only edit was a correction on the spelling of concussive shot, other than that you proved you are a dumb-ass, im done with you.
    Thank mmo designer for ignore function.
    looks like you didn't have anything more to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you seriously stating that you don't understand how a 50% slow can be annoying for casters? I'll give some random ideas:
    - makes it easier for melee to stick to you
    - makes it easier for the hunter partners to get away in time of trouble behind los, slows down pushing in
    - makes it slower for casters to LoS

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Are you seriously stating that you don't understand how a 50% slow can be annoying for casters? I'll give some random ideas:
    - makes it easier for melee to stick to you
    - makes it easier for the hunter partners to get away in time of trouble behind los, slows down pushing in
    - makes it slower for casters to LoS
    melees already can snare you themselves
    if the opponent wants to push in or chase, they'll remove any snares since there's 1 million and 1 ways to do that currently
    again, if the caster really needs to LoS, they have plenty of mobility skills to do that.

Deleted
    @ Illana: Do you play anything else than a hunter yourself? From a Shadowpriest perspective i can say without a doubht that a hunter is my worst enemy. There is no possible way that i can beat one of similar gear as mine. The CC they have is crazy, scatter trap is fine imo, but then they also have pet abilities of their own choice, binding shot and explosive push to force a stun and ofc Silencing shot.

Even if i abuse the living daylight out of a pillar, it wont really be an advantage for me, since as soon as i pop out, i have to get my dots up, where as the hunter can just start doing great dps with global shots. (also worth mentioning that the pet is on you constantly since hunters no longer has to really worry about if their pet dies)

And Concussive shot is also not balanced. It costs you a global, nothing else. It has a 5 second cooldown, and a 6 second duration and 40 yard range. So basically if a hunter decides that he wants to kill you, even if you're mounted and 40 yards away - thats how its gonna be..

PS: sorry for ranting, but it really bothers me that some people can't see things from other perspectives than their own

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=dO9wTsZVA4o

Highest rated hunter in the world I think? Playing at 2.4k with just one button on his bars

^____________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post

Highest rated hunter in the world I think? Playing at 2.4k with just one button on his bars

^____________________^
    Expect he scatter traps Focused targets when needed. There isn't a macro in the world that could do that when needed.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Ahandii View Post
    @ Illana: Do you play anything else than a hunter yourself? From a Shadowpriest perspective i can say without a doubht that a hunter is my worst enemy. There is no possible way that i can beat one of similar gear as mine. The CC they have is crazy, scatter trap is fine imo, but then they also have pet abilities of their own choice, binding shot and explosive push to force a stun and ofc Silencing shot.

Even if i abuse the living daylight out of a pillar, it wont really be an advantage for me, since as soon as i pop out, i have to get my dots up, where as the hunter can just start doing great dps with global shots. (also worth mentioning that the pet is on you constantly since hunters no longer has to really worry about if their pet dies)

And Concussive shot is also not balanced. It costs you a global, nothing else. It has a 5 second cooldown, and a 6 second duration and 40 yard range. So basically if a hunter decides that he wants to kill you, even if you're mounted and 40 yards away - thats how its gonna be..

PS: sorry for ranting, but it really bothers me that some people can't see things from other perspectives than their own
    1vs1?

really don't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post

^____________________^
    was funny when stampede did this yes.