Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    In a 3v3-setting a well played rogue is far better than a well played warrior. No contest.
    Of course. The low stun CD's for peeling, the +10% Kidney Shot damage, Smokebomb, and Ambush spam once every minute. I'm not saying Rogues are in a bad spot.

I'm saying Warriors are ridiculous, and they are. In pretty much every other situation than 3v3.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    The main-issue said in one word:
    Defensive stance
    I count two words?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Of course. The low stun CD's for peeling, the +10% Kidney Shot damage, Smokebomb, and Ambush spam once every minute. I'm not saying Rogues are in a bad spot.

I'm saying Warriors are ridiculous, and they are. In pretty much every other situation than 3v3.
    Who cares about anything else than 3v3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors can be a pretty serious threat if they're not disarmed or CC'd in some way. But a warrior solo is not nearly as strong as a warrior with others. In a 3v3 group I feel that a warrior really outshines every other melee.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

Deleted
    Warrior's survivability is just too much with the damage they have. Def stance 25%, Shield Wall, Die By the Sword, Rallying Cry and the banners. It's ludicrous. But I can't really complain I just log on to my hunter and roflstomp warrios to the ground with eternal kiteing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Warriors ARE overpowered. They get all the stuns and CC's my rogue gets (on a longer CD, but still have them all), have better mobility than my Rogue, have better burst than my Rogue, have more armor than my Rogue, and their bleeds tic for a metric ton compared to my Rogues. Warriors are actually why I quit from 5.0 until 5.3.

They can also destroy things like Ice Block/Pally bubbles, and their gap closers are the best for a melee class.

Comparing classes aside, they hit like trucks are ridiculously hard to kill. Brostorm in BGs is a joke. Just spin in circles in a cluster of people and half of them die or half-die. Skill. I literally can't do anything against Brostorm on my DK except eat 40k-60k crits. (Yes, I've been hit for 66k with a brostorm tic before in full PVP PLATE gear).

Sounds like an immature argument, but it's true from my perspective.
    Blizzard did everything it could, a couple of years ago, to make sure plate armor is nearly worthless. Because it makes complete sense that getting slammed in the chest with a giant axe does just as much damage to a guy in plate armor as it does to a guy in a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Their damage is way too high for how tanky they are and how much mobility they have. Remove some of their up-time and they'll be perfectly balanced IMO, but currently there's no way to kite a warrior.
    I agree with your first statement but I think high uptime is a good niche for Warriors to have among all classes. The part of the equation that I think is out of line is their damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    I agree with your first statement but I think high uptime is a good niche for Warriors to have among all classes. The part of the equation that I think is out of line is their damage.
    I thought up time was not their niche. It was reversed in previous expacs, you wanted warriors away from you because as soon as they got to you it hurt... a lot.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    I thought up time was not their niche. It was reversed in previous expacs, you wanted warriors away from you because as soon as they got to you it hurt... a lot.
    In TBC they had low uptime but their damage face-to-face was incredible. On my Rogue I always had to Garrote/Rupture/2-3 stacks of Deadly Poison and vanish away to actually kill them safely. I remember having to 5-8M kite them on my Rogue with Crippling Poison and that was THE tactic to use.

However, back then Plate gear actually mattered. I couldn't Blind anybody with DoTs up, either. There was no bro-storm, and a Warrior getting rooted meant they were pretty much sitting in it without a healer.

Tanking a warrior with Evasion up was BAD, you died FASTER as a Rogue if you dodged a warrior. Now? USE THAT SHIT.

Ahh, was so much more interesting and RPG-like back in TBC.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2014-04-02 at 03:39 PM.

Ferals actually have the highest grip of any of the melee. Impossible to snare/root them. Immune to poly/hex. Only way to stop them is to stun them, but then they are immediately back on target. Their damage is also very high and their utility is good, survivability is decent. People just stopped playing them because clone is hard now... ( lol )

Warriors are just easier to play. AoE stun with huge range makes it easy to land. Ranged targeted stun. Most run with double charge now so easy to stick to target. Can leap away to safety or in for a kill. Strong defensive CDS, and they can actually kite to win if they need to. Their package is just too complete. I used to like the warrior play better when I did super damage when I was on you, but I had small windows of actually being on you. The iconic warrior/hpal was mostly to keep the warrior on you. Now they are still doing that damage, but can stay on target forever and CC your team while doing so. Try to stop them and they just mitigate all your damage.

Just bad design. Might as well give them a heal at this point and call it GG.

Well, reading so much crap makes me realize why the game is where it is...

First of ferals are warrior on steroids, so get your facts straight. Rogue QQ is laughable...

Warrior are like video cards, they are powered by "X or Y". Warrior solo is the most shit/crap/horrible experience you can have in your wow's life.

I like to say, a warrior is as good as its healer. And that's not new, it comes from classic wow.

Now the mobility is high, because idiotcrawler made the game all about firing on the move, so warriors lack mobility and now they have too much?! Depends, hunters don't have problems with warriors @ all, other paper classes, probably, the fact is warrior mobility can be used sequentially to keep somebody under pressure, and that makes the class hate-able more then the other more op classes.

Warriors can be disarmed and tranquilized, no to mention rooted (druids laugh @ warriors), most of deaths are L2P issues. If you want to know somebody who played a warrior ask him what he thinks about droods, curiously droods are the best healers to warrior class in 2x.

My point is, warriors are bad designed, they only do too much dmg or too low, there's no middle point, i know cuz i played mine until i realized i was not going to waste any more lifetime in that crap. It went from a master class with stance dance and dmg control to a noobs class with N cooldowns. I have to agree with ppl complaining that this version is OP and yet you can play one and see a lot of lacking.

This PvP forum is a shame, a lot of ppl talking what they don't have a clue, go search answers in a specialized forum.

Done.

Deleted
    Yes warriors are that bad now, when you start seeing teams doing this in an RBG you KNOW something is wrong with the class...

Names have been redacted but as you can see, stacked warriors in an RBG and yes it was scarily effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    The problem is:
    Too strong dps in defensive stance
    Too much damage reduction in defensive stance

The main-issue said in one word:
    Defensive stance
    I agree. I want to see defensive stance removed from arms & fury.

Yes they are that great in pvp.

Plate armour
    25% damage reduction
    targeted stun on 30 second cd, 30yard range undispellable.
    aoe undispellable stun that half of the time in 3s is on a 20 second cd
    damage during CS is comparable to other classes with CDs up
    team utility. Banners and rally
    aoe undispellable fear.

In a 3v3-setting a well played rogue is far better than a well played warrior. No contest.
    http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...200&ladder=3v3

Yup looks like it 274 warriors vs 87 rogues, Rogues just so good everyone is using them. Rogues aren't bad but they clearly aren't as useful as you make them out to be.
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-04-02 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post

Yup looks like it 274 warriors vs 87 rogues, Rogues just so good everyone is using them.
    To be fair, rogues have been the least played class for a long time.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post

Yup looks like it 274 warriors vs 87 rogues, Rogues just so good everyone is using them. Rogues aren't bad but they clearly aren't as useful as you make them out to be.
    That doesnt disprove my point. Not even a little. Try harder!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    To be fair, rogues have been the least played class for a long time.
    Wasn't Sub Spec number one in S13? Could be a brain cramp on my part.

I play a Warrior, more of a BG player than anything, but I have zero issue with people saying they are OP. I don't know if it was just blind luck on the part of the developers, but there just seem to be great synergy with the abilities. Fear break + fear + multiple closers + unstunnable brostrom + spell interupts + defensive stance/defensive CDs + swifty macros can make for some serious problems for other players.

Mages and Hunters are the only classes that really cause me problems.
    Last edited by Siddown; 2014-04-02 at 05:39 PM.

That doesnt disprove my point. Not even a little. Try harder!
    Cool story, you have to prove your point for it to need to be disproved. All you said was your opinion and didn't prove anything.
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-04-02 at 05:39 PM.

Representation <> OP.

Warriors are easy to play well. Players like to feel competitive and therefore, lots of people play warriors.

They have good control and high uptime for a melee class, when compared to say a monk, enhancement shaman, or ret pally, and while they lack the ranged pressure that DK's have, they are significantly more compatible with virtually every format of pvp (2's, 3's, 5's and RBG's) where DK's have niche roles due to limited mobility and longer CD's on ranged control.