Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Be honest: are warriors really that great in pvp?

I regurlary play together with 2 different warriors that I know for a while now and both can be concidered above averagely skilled.

Now, Warriors can certainly dish out some nice numbers and keep the pressure on you. When we were all unlocking our 550 pvp weapons I noticed them bringing some serious pain.
    But now that I also have my 550 weapons on my Ele shaman, WW monk, Mage and Unholy DK (Yes I like to keep my pvp alts geared haha) I can easily destroy both mentioned warriors and all others I encounter in duels, BG's and arena.
    My damage is also way more bursty. A warrior maybe manages a 90K crit with his up to par gear right now where I'm doing 150K's as a DK or ele shaman.

I keep hearing how overpowered warriors supposedly are, but let's be honest here guys... If you can kite or selfheal you will tear them apart :P
    Warriors basically NEED a healer/dispeller behind them or they are dead meat.

The problem is:
    Too strong dps in defensive stance
    Too much damage reduction in defensive stance

The main-issue said in one word:
    Defensive stance

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly when I do 3's I don't mind seeing a warrior at all. Depending on the comp we usually just ignore the warrior til the end. And I agree without a healer they are pretty easy to pick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I regurlary play together with 2 different warriors that I know for a while now and both can be concidered above averagely skilled.

Now, Warriors can certainly dish out some nice numbers and keep the pressure on you. When we were all unlocking our 550 pvp weapons I noticed them bringing some serious pain.
    But now that I also have my 550 weapons on my Ele shaman, WW monk, Mage and Unholy DK (Yes I like to keep my pvp alts geared haha) I can easily destroy both mentioned warriors and all others I encounter in duels, BG's and arena.
    My damage is also way more bursty. A warrior maybe manages a 90K crit with his up to par gear right now where I'm doing 150K's as a DK or ele shaman.

I keep hearing how overpowered warriors supposedly are, but let's be honest here guys... If you can kite or selfheal you will tear them apart :P
    I don't know about overpowered, but they are very strong, even to people not very skilled with them. They have a lot of gap closers, stuns, interupts, etc.

Comparing a different classes CRIT dmg to another one really makes no sense either, neither does giving stats for 1v1 duels..

Deleted
    They're good against people who aren't so good against Warriors. That's about it.

Maybe I'm talking crazy, since I haven't done any serious PvP for a while, but from what I remember Warriors are incredibly good at maintaining constant pressure on you. This isn't to say they can't do damage like other classes, but Warriors have it better when it comes to that level of harass. There are a multitude of classes that can jump on and stick to you, but none of them quite do it with the finesse or style of a Warrior.

1 v 1 =/= balance.

Warriors are the best melee in the game for 3s, so yes they are that great.

Firstly didn't understand the comparison of maximum hits/crits in an attempt to compare classes, by your logic Destruction Warlocks are the most overpowered class since they crit the highest?

Not a single mention of defensive cooldowns, utility or mobility (of which warriors are more equipped than a lot of classes).

Then you have the gimmicky, cheesy shit that makes me hate warriors more than I fairly should. Some examples would be:

RoflStorm - Not too annoyed with the cooldown itself, annoyed that you're immune to CC whilst dealing damage and can cheese it enough that if you see a CC being casted you can just RoflStorm to avoid it and dish some hilarious numbers. Also on the topic of RoflStorm, being able to fear and AoE interrupt whilst RoflStorming is borderline laughable, especially since warrior fear doesn't seem to break on damage.

Mentality - The vast majority of Warriors I meet in arena, Heroic Leap > Charge > RoflStorm within 5 seconds of the gates opening. Then there is the fact that most Warriors don't seem to ever change target and will just continually tunnel the same player until the arena ends.

Utility & Mobility - For some classes, keeping a Warrior off you is literally impossible (I know some classes don't have this problem), combine this with things like double Spell Reflect, Heroic Leaping round pillars and (pre-nerf) double interrupt, you're going to have a bad time.

I don't know, I feel that Warriors aren't 'that' overpowered like people mention, but it's just how they play that infuriates me.

Plus as mentioned, they are the best melee, and have high reward for very little effort.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-04-02 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    As a destro lock ( I know, I know), yes they are. Below average warriors can shut me down so easily....
    can't damage them, can't run away from them and as others have mentioned, they sit in d stance 24/7 and still do sick damage

Deleted
    Since they nerfed disrupting shout/pummel they are more manageable but they are still very VERY good.
    Their main problem is as others have stated that they have too much things that saves their asses.

I wouldnt call them anywhere as OP as mages tho. Those fuckers are the biggest issue in the game atm.

(This is coming from someone who has often QQed about warriors in the past)

While I don't necessarily agree with the people that base everything on 3v3, you can't base much on 1v1, either. In group settings in general, warriors are amazing. They've always been more reliant on healers and whatnot than most other classes, but healers aren't exactly hard to come by. 3v3 isn't the end all be all of balance, and never will be, but it's the best overall indicator of how classes are at the moment.

http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...g=0&ladder=3v3

Top spec in 3s & 5s, and number 2 in 2s. This site obvious inst law of the land but its a good statistic.

I'm being honest, warriors are too good.

Me thinks you should go play a healer, looks like you prefer the OP specs, or a maybe moonkin, ret or feral and come back with a more rounded opinion.

Warriors are like Frost Mages have been for a while. Low skill floor, high skill ceiling. The difference between a 1600 and 2000 Warrior is minimal. The 2000 Warrior might land some more interrupts, LoS occasionally but their general play is the same. The difference between a 2000 and a 2400 Warrior is astronomical, though the same could be said for all classes.

Warrior damage alone isn't at all OP. Several specs deal much higher sustained and burst. However, or all the melee warriors have the highest ability to stay on target, which of course is very irritating to casters that feel entitled to stay out of melee range and free cast all day long. Even that alone wouldn't be enough to say warriors are OP, but when you combine the damage and ability to harass casters plus the tremendous damage reduction skills they warriors have, it becomes a bit too much. DKs have similar or higher damage output, but they have no where near the defenses or uptime a warrior has.

So yes warriors are very good in all forms of PVP, but not to the point many think they are. Other specs have a stronger toolkit, but warriors garner a lot of hate because they are really irritating and because a less skilled player can have success with a warrior by just tunneling damage into a target, using all of a warriors ability to STAY on that target and prevent damage at the same time.

Someone mentioned it, comparing crits is silly. It's the constant pressure, gap closers, defenses and CC that warriors have that make them retarded.

That and for some reason the fact that they can't be CC'd during their burst.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Warriors ARE overpowered. They get all the stuns and CC's my rogue gets (on a longer CD, but still have them all), have better mobility than my Rogue, have better burst than my Rogue, have more armor than my Rogue, and their bleeds tic for a metric ton compared to my Rogues. Warriors are actually why I quit from 5.0 until 5.3.

They can also destroy things like Ice Block/Pally bubbles, and their gap closers are the best for a melee class.

Comparing classes aside, they hit like trucks are ridiculously hard to kill. Brostorm in BGs is a joke. Just spin in circles in a cluster of people and half of them die or half-die. Skill. I literally can't do anything against Brostorm on my DK except eat 40k-60k crits. (Yes, I've been hit for 66k with a brostorm tic before in full PVP PLATE gear).

Sounds like an immature argument, but it's true from my perspective.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2014-04-02 at 02:31 PM.

You on your dk and shaman may do more burst damage, but I can kill you before you can blink your eyes. I can also CC you. Mostly - granted, I can't stun you during IBF, but that really doesn't bother me much. You will die and you will do so quickly. Unless you're blood, which, quite frankly, is still retarded.

A warrior doesn't die. And if he's finally about to, there's Second Wind. And also, his lolstorm is way scarier than anything you could ever do and stops me from doing anything to it, cause if I stand close to him when he lolstorms, I'm essentially giving him the win. I cannot kite a warrior. I cannot stop a warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Warriors ARE overpowered. They get all the stuns and CC's my rogue gets (on a longer CD, but still have them all), have better mobility than my Rogue, have better burst than my Rogue, have more armor than my Rogue, and their bleeds tic for a metric ton compared to my Rogues. Warriors are actually why I quit from 5.0 until 5.3.

They can also destroy things like Ice Block/Pally bubbles, and their gap closers are the best for a melee class.

Comparing classes aside, they hit like trucks are ridiculously hard to kill. Brostorm in BGs is a joke. Just spin in circles in a cluster of people and half of them die or half-die. Skill. I literally can't do anything against Brostorm on my DK except eat 40k-60k crits. (Yes, I've been hit for 66k with a brostorm tic before in full PVP gear).

Sounds like an immature argument, but it's true from my perspective.
    In a 3v3-setting a well played rogue is far better than a well played warrior. No contest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their damage is way too high for how tanky they are and how much mobility they have. Remove some of their up-time and they'll be perfectly balanced IMO, but currently there's no way to kite a warrior.

Deleted
    I feel like that warr is great in bgs and they are good in 3vs3. We normally dont focus them.