Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    KFC is healable if your Mage and priest aren't terrible and know how to peel. Also it requires you to know how to exert your own pressure instead of tunnel healing.

if all you do is heal of course you're going to lose the mana war. KFC burst is what makes it good along with he instant nondispellable cc. A 120k chimera along with 110k+ slams is going to drop anyone from 100-0 if you catch them unaware.

the crits I did we're on Druids, so no passive damage reduction only what armour was left after csmash. So your human warrior friend probably didn't line up his burst with both CDs and banner.
    Outside of disarming the warrior my priest cannot peel. He has a warrior sitting on him and is 25+ yrds away from anyone generally. Most of the time we get kills is when he is able to land fears which is not easy, pro psyfiends all the way (or they run an rsham and fear is useless). We then have to rely on our mage for peels which he does, but part of KFC's package to be difficult to cc between reflects, rootbreaks, FD, silences, charge interrupts, running rsham then have grounding and shocks also. I would love to come out for cc more often than I do, but getting anywhere in the hunter's LOS is a big no-no as that will usually start a 15+ second cc chain that is difficult to prevent.

I could see that crit slam happening on a druid not using any cds (pro druid clearly) if you had 3 stacks of weakened, the stat buff, and every buff/proc under the sun. However hitting someone normal like an enh sham in a normal situation for instance, you are looking at 80kish most of the time. As I said before, I have played a crapton of KFCs this season and burst isn't the issue, its the forever instant cc chains and unpeelable sustained that wear you down. Someone is constantly in trouble, its not like playing a LSD where getting full feared sucks but not gamebreaking. Every successful scattertrap warrants a trinket, big def cd, or someone dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Getting the phrase "PUSSY DESTROYER" tattoo'd on your face isn't a smart move for your career.

Tell your priest to stop being bad and using psyfiend then. The root is far more valuable against KFC since it basically forces the hunter to freedom the warrior as it's not dispellable and takes forever to kill. 30 cool down means unless they have a pally you will have periods of time where the warrior cannot get out of roots especially as mages have a root that doesn't dr with others.

also disarming the hunter is far more valuable than the warrior. We can't use any of our cc while disarmed while warriors can quite happily use everything except stormbolt.

the difference between you saying warriors can't pull these numbers and me saying they can is I actually have a geared warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Tell your priest to stop being bad and using psyfiend then. The root is far more valuable against KFC since it basically forces the hunter to freedom the warrior as it's not dispellable and takes forever to kill. 30 cool down means unless they have a pally you will have periods of time where the warrior cannot get out of roots especially as mages have a root that doesn't dr with others.

also disarming the hunter is far more valuable than the warrior. We can't use any of our cc while disarmed while warriors can quite happily use everything except stormbolt.

the difference between you saying warriors can't pull these numbers and me saying they can is I actually have a geared warrior
    Safeguard, masters call, freedom if hpally, tigers lust if mw monk, windwalk totem if rsham, trust me, a warrior doesn't sit in roots like EVER anymore. No psyfiend is doable against rshams because of tremors but its really needed against other healers. Ice ward is awesome but shares a talent place with ring of frost, which is also awesome. I leave it to my mage's discretion, ice ward is probably better though. Ill have to talk to him about it. Getting a bit offtopic here.

Warriors, under good conditions, are able to pull melee range, ok burst, but its not anything special. 100k slams every gcd during cds is good, but there is MUCH worse out there. I did 2s sometime last week hpally/war and we played a mirror. Got dampening up to 78% before my teams war finally landed a kill. They were awful too; doing 20+ second cc chains repentance -> intimidating -> hoj -> repentance without being stopped, still can't land a kill. Part of that is war survivability, part of that is the fact that war burst is average. Never been that high as any other healer/dps comp, my dk kills people usually right at the dampening mark at most. Hunters never get there either because they either die or cc chain people forever and land kills without the need for dampening. Hell I even run spriest/hpally alot and the most ive seen is 50% before we can kill or be killed. Warriors damage is good and consistent with average burst. Its the control, survivability, and grip that makes them strong as a class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Getting the phrase "PUSSY DESTROYER" tattoo'd on your face isn't a smart move for your career.