Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Garrosh 10HC, need advices!

Hello there!
    We've starting on Garrosh last night, and maybe you can help us to handl that fight

Tank : War/DK
    Heal : Drood/Priest
    DPS : Rogue/Mage/Hunter/Drood Feral/Warlock/Shaman(elem)

Some logs : warcraftlogs.com/reports/qn9DzmrAPk63BgWG / worldoflogs.com/reports/5rrlogbw2nya750x

So, we handle P1 quite easily, a few times a third wave of adds but, yeah juste a few times.
    Our issue is on first transition. We can't do it without letting Garrosh stacks to 26-30 energy.

We were doing the transition like this :
    -Rogue/Warlock/Drood Feral on the left, running upper left just after
    -Mage/Hunt/Shaman on the right, running upper right just after
    -Tanks in the middle (with healers)

Even with CD, we take too much time and Garrosh get more than 25 energy
    We have think to do something else, like this :

-Warlock/Drood on the left
    -Hunt/Mage on the right
    -Rogue/Shaman running to the upper right
    -Tanks in the middle

We haven't try this way at the moment.

So, any ideas?

run 4 groups.

Front and middle groups go to the 5th set of adds after their original set is dead.

Groups something like this.

Back left (near garrosh) - Hunter Sham. Hunter can binding shot the first casts. hunter and sham single target interupt the 2 remaining adds, they should nuke the same one to start

Front left - our warrior tank and mage do this. warrior can interrupt all the casts with interupting shout first, shockwave the second.

Front Right - Feral warlock should be able to handle this. warlock can infernal this set if you're really not killing them in time. warlock leads with shadow fury. lock and feral nuke the same target to start. lock should be sac'ing for an interrupt and feral can interrupt the next casts. lock should glyph havoc.

mid - DK rogue priest. priest should help dps. if one of these classes is belf then they should lead with arcane torrents or use them. single interupts after that.

Hunter and shaman going to back left should hit the middle group on the way. One of these players is also best to pop the bubbles for the buff if the only buff that spawns is on the back right because they will most likely kill their group last. If they get a bubble in their own set then they should call for the people in the back right to pop it on their own.

This is probably one of the tougher dps checkpoints in the encounter because it requires more execution than anything. Make sure someone hits garrosh asap also.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkiem View Post
    Just a heads up - unless I misunderstood your logs, your resto druid isn't doing any damage. They should be popping HotW and any other cooldowns (engi gloves / berserking etc) during the first transition, pray for trinket procs from healing, and using hurricane on a group of adds. I've left that phase having done between 3m and 5m in damage alone - every little helps.
    Assuming raid DPS is reasonably consistent, the Resto Druid can also unequip/equip trinkets pre-pull in order to align their cooldown such that they are procced for the beginning of Intermission 1. When we were progressing (this was pre-nerf so YMMV), what typically worked for me was having my trinkets with ~100 seconds left on the cooldown when we pulled. This would usually cause them to proc right around the last couple seconds before intermission. My typical strategy would be something like:

15ish seconds until intermission - Heart of the Wild and put some damage into Garrosh.
    5 seconds until intermission - Drums of Speed, get a rejuv on the tank I was with - throw out a couple additional rejuvs if trinkets weren't procced yet.
    While getting sucked up - Stampeding Roar
    Once you're up - Swiftmend to proc SoTF => Hurricane. Depending on what my group looked like after Hurricane, I would either Hurricane again or blink into the middle and help clean up / interrupt there.

It ended up helping us out a lot since it was essentially like having an extra DPS for the Intermission phase.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

And their races are?

Classes that can Solo a group ( or almost and for that you put them with a healer).

Rogues, Hunters, Warlocks, Ele Shamans.

As long as the rogue has 1 stun with him he can solo easy one pack... Shamans have 2 stuns + solar beam... Warlocks have stun + havoc... Hunters are hunters.

What AoE interrupts do these classes have Elios so they can "solo" a pack? Having 3 DPS on a group, you can almost hit the 2nd casts, let alone "solo'ing" them.

well... thats your raid... in my its works...2 dps in each pack and 2 packs have 1 dps + 1 healer...

Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    Shamans have 2 stuns + solar beam...
    Um, no. No, they don't.

Deleted
    Wow, many thanks for all the advices
    We will try monday, i think groups made by Traxion is a good solution!

Again, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    Um, no. No, they don't.
    Yeah we do...we also have one single interrupt...

Um, no. No, they don't.
    Capacitor > Call of the elements > symbiosis solar beam

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Capacitor > Call of the elements > symbiosis solar beam
    I understand what he's saying, but symbiosis doesn't come from an Elemental shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Earywen View Post
    Hello there!
    We've starting on Garrosh last night, and maybe you can help us to handl that fight

Tank : War/DK
    Heal : Drood/Priest
    DPS : Rogue/Mage/Hunter/Drood Feral/Warlock/Shaman(elem)

Some logs : warcraftlogs.com/reports/qn9DzmrAPk63BgWG / worldoflogs.com/reports/5rrlogbw2nya750x

So, we handle P1 quite easily, a few times a third wave of adds but, yeah juste a few times.
    Our issue is on first transition. We can't do it without letting Garrosh stacks to 26-30 energy.

We were doing the transition like this :
    -Rogue/Warlock/Drood Feral on the left, running upper left just after
    -Mage/Hunt/Shaman on the right, running upper right just after
    -Tanks in the middle (with healers)

Even with CD, we take too much time and Garrosh get more than 25 energy
    We have think to do something else, like this :

-Warlock/Drood on the left
    -Hunt/Mage on the right
    -Rogue/Shaman running to the upper right
    -Tanks in the middle

We haven't try this way at the moment.

So, any ideas?
    Beter try it with 1 heal is much easier ,you just have to make CD rotation for p2 WW

Back left Lock/dk/feral Shadowfurry frm lock

Back Right mag/hunt/(one of your heals who shoud go dps) single interupt from each of them

Midle: Warrior/Shaman/Rogue There shoud be only 1 cast and warrior shoud interupt it by Ditruptinshout

Fron left Warrior/rogue/lock/feral shockveawe from warrior

Fron right Shaman/Dk/mag/hunt/X Capacitor totem from shaman ( need to ge glyphed and put on ads befour any one damage this group cos adds star casting +/- 3 sec after any1 will hit them

If you have to interupt adds more then 1 time its lack of DPS and you wont make it befour 25 energy

For me this fight have 3 hard moments

Transition in Jade Serpent

First Empower WW in p3

and First Interupt by Iron Star in p4

And I REALY REAL sugest you to go 1 Heal becous if you do good CDs rotation on WW and everyone get buff in Tranzition phase 2nd heal its pointless and only make fight harder becous of lack of DPS and you realy dont wona have 2nd tranzition in Terace
    Last edited by kubuntu; 2014-03-23 at 07:59 AM.

I understand what he's saying, but symbiosis doesn't come from an Elemental shaman.
    Think he means that it is very rare to find a group without a single druid. With that in mind there shouldn't be problem getting simbiosis, since looking at simbiosis charts, other classes don't get something that would be required for them to execute fight properly. As for other druids that wants simbiosis, maybe feral could use spriests or palas simb, but im sure they can manage without it, since solar beam means everyone might die rather than just the druid.

We do it with tank+healer on front left & right with ranged throwing some dps as they run up. 3 dps middle(disrupting shout), 3 dps top left(shaman stun totem) all dps zerg top right(stormbolt+binding shot). Make sure both tanks get vengeance before the transition and if needed keep 1 ranged dps down to help the tanks. But there are multiple ways to handle the first intermission you have to work out what works best for your comp.

P2 we stack up and heal through the damage with cds and some people out for the desecrate. Second transition we just chill at the entrance usually the boss is at 18-20% you can do this with 25% hp on the boss max. P3 kill 2 waves of adds and push the boss to P4 kill one wave of adds and push the boss to stormwind(dps check) use pots+cds when he trnasitions to P4. As melee you can stay on the boss with cds during the whirl just watch if an add spawns on you.

Out of curiosity what is your point here? Arguing for the sake of argument? There's a feral and a resto are things in the raid, symbiosis is something that they can get. Looking at the setup, you're not going to give it to the tanks... it's useless on them and the things the druids get are meh. And most of the things granted to the other raiders is really meh, so that leaves pretty much the ele as the only person to get anything good from it.

Tips for P4 on fight? We're working at it.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Don't die.
    No, seriously. It's the easiest part of the entire fight. Don't die and GG. Have melee be stacked when the first bombardment comes for ironstar, move halfway across the room with boss/fire, stack up again, do third malice normally, and on fourth malice, have 2x soakers (either: Rogue-paladin-hunter-druid with bubble or cloak-mage with iceblock in worst case) follow the malice around and take the hits, resetting stacks on 2 with immunities. GG fight done.

If you sometimes get a 3rd add wave in p1 you have way too little damage

My guild 1 tanked (paladin), 2 healed (resto druid and disc priest).

As for the transition:

NEVER STOP even for 1 second to get the damage reduction buff if 1 of the gold orb things drops off the adds in the middle group. You should always get at least 1 gold orb off the final 2 packs normally you get 2 but sometimes only 1). You don't need the buff from the middle pack and delaying a second or 2 can be the difference between getting 24 energy or going over.

Sort out exactly what add each person is responsible for interrupting in each pack. Some players might be wasting global cooldowns on interrupts that they don't even need to be using. For example your hunter can use binding shot on 1 of the packs and that will stun that entire pack for 5 seconds... You will then only need 1 more interrupt on the adds before that pack is dead.

Save your potions for it (I used mine just as we fly up in the air before the loading screen).

Minimise the time it takes you to run from the 1st packs to the other room where Garrosh is. Some classes can move while dpsing so they should already be moving towards the next room as they are finishing off the 1st pack instead of standing still dpsing the adds and then having to run about 40 yards further after the adds have died. Maybe use a roar from your druid to increase players movement speed to reach the 2nd room faster.

Pool resources ahead of entering the transition. On my hunter I always tried to make sure I had a full focus bar, a lock and load proc and i'd save my fervour cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Not a lot to say about it. My guild only killed it after the nerf but I don't think the nerf was the difference for us as all our phase 4 wipes were due to mess ups with the iron star. We killed it the 1st time we got the iron star to hit Garrosh at the correct time. Once your iron star kiter has sorted that out it's really nothing more than nuking and making sure people pay attention to their malice debuff. (we had malice people run out of the circle but I know some people have 2 groups and just move the circle across both groups till it's gone).

It's such a short phase. Survive that iron star hitting the boss and the boss is dead about 60 seconds later with nothing more than an easy malice to deal with (same as the 1st malice basically).