Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like them removing things from the game without specifically stating that something was a one-time or temporary thing.

However, if they were going make them permanent I think it would have made a lot more sense to change the structure to something like others have already said, something similar to arena where you can reward a small top percentage with titles, then have different ones in the next season (or expansion in this case).

Their decision to announce them as going away now seems particularly bad, given that as this content patch drags on and on they are going to take away the motivation and interest in a lot of people who would have filled their time running CMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    No blue has ever said that the CM titles would be staying, people just assumed.
    That is technically true, but it was not an unreasonable or illogical assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Splerks View Post
    Even if they removed the titles, I feel like there should be some sort of permanent reward for realm best times at the end of the expansion beyond just the worthless feat of strength.

Otherwise Blizzard should remove the concept of realm best times altogether.

For better or worse people just aren't going to do content without a permanent reward, and now you don't get anything for CMs past gold.

My group has 7/9 realm best currently, 9/9 feat of strength, and I feel like I've wasted a ton of time and have no plans to ever do any CM's past gold ever again.
    hahahahahahaha

edit: we would have most likely taken them back anyways before end of expac. just saved us time tho.
    Last edited by jwx; 2014-04-03 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jwx View Post
    edit: we would have most likely taken them back anyways before end of expac. just saved us time tho.
    That's the point of keeping them.

Change it to top x% of challenge mode completions for that instance, across all realms. Just like pvp titles.
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!

Quote Originally Posted by Letheanlol View Post
    Most? What planet are you living on? Any exploits that were used are widely known anyway so anyone can do them and they are completely irrelevant.
    No it doesn't. They are still exploits. And they are not widely known just because you and some people you know of know of them. Some proper perspective would do you good in this case.

Titles should be kept, even if it means your char has to stay on that server, there's no real reason not to other than to consolidate the players who are unable to get them. I didn't raid during Ulduar - but that doesn't mean I want them to remove Death's Demise. And people moved to brand new servers to get other realm first titles including scarab lord, so why should moving to dead servers have anything to do with anything? If they had to stay on the server to keep the title that would fix that "problem". Pretty much this thread is people with the titles complaining they are being removed (rightly so) and people who don't have the titles, likely never will and are not able to bitterly applauding the bad decision.
    Just because something wrong happened in the past and was not corrected does not in any way mean that every wrong-doing, present and future should be left as it is. That is nonsense. And this is not about legitimate unique achievements, it is about unique achievements gained through cheesing the system. Since there are so many players willing to behave like immature little kiddies, just to get an achievement and stroke their digital ego, creating a moronic situation, in a niche activity that has seen a small surge in popularity just because people are getting bored with the lack of updates, Blizzard is right in removing them.

If you can't play nice then you can't have nice things. Yes it has come to that, grown men and women being treated like toddlers, because they behave like them. The only thing that any of these "pros" has properly earned is a look of desperation by the community.

It's ridiculous frankly, we are talking about people that can't play nice like it is kindergarten...

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    Change it to top x% of challenge mode completions for that instance, across all realms. Just like pvp titles.
    This seems like the most logical solution but Blizzard doesn't seem to want to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it looks like blizzard has their answer to the pissed off people - a new title "Mistwalker" for anyone who has the FoS of a top time. I'm sure that people who have those titles or FoS will still be upset (that's not nearly as cool of a title as the others) but its something at least.

I still think the top x% of players who did CMs makes the most sense and would make it far more fun for more people to try. But oh well.

Thing to remember with top X% serverwide is that a lot of people who have the titles now wouldn't get them. You can find groups with realm first titles that are 500+ in the serverwide rankings.

And then you'd get just as much bitching about people losing their title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    No it doesn't. They are still exploits. And they are not widely known just because you and some people you know of know of them. Some proper perspective would do you good in this case.

Just because something wrong happened in the past and was not corrected does not in any way mean that every wrong-doing, present and future should be left as it is. That is nonsense. And this is not about legitimate unique achievements, it is about unique achievements gained through cheesing the system. Since there are so many players willing to behave like immature little kiddies, just to get an achievement and stroke their digital ego, creating a moronic situation, in a niche activity that has seen a small surge in popularity just because people are getting bored with the lack of updates, Blizzard is right in removing them.

If you can't play nice then you can't have nice things. Yes it has come to that, grown men and women being treated like toddlers, because they behave like them. The only thing that any of these "pros" has properly earned is a look of desperation by the community.

It's ridiculous frankly, we are talking about people that can't play nice like it is kindergarten...
    It's not just me and a few people I know, anyone who has watched any of the faster runs on youtube or twitch immediately know all the strats, it then becomes about them executing it themselves. I'm not even sure what to say to all the nonsense that you spewed after that, I didn't say anything was wrong in the past - people should 100% get to keep server first raid boss kill titles, and people should also get to keep the challenge mode titles. Yes certain classes are better, but tough shit to be honest that the way its always been, about 20% or more of the gladiators and r1 gladiators last season were warriors - no matter which part of the game there will always be classes that are better so people should really shut up and get on with it, either re-roll or put up with having to try slightly harder than someone else. Besides there are actually a lot of the classes that I wouldn't consider strong in CMs with the titles, on high pop servers even. So I repeat: There is no GOOD reason for them to remove these titles from people. The only reason that I can think of is they don't want 9 unique and cool titles to see such little use, but they should have to live with their mistakes, if they ever implement them again people will always remember that Darkmaster was server best scholo, not some Halloween event bollocks or whatever they plan on doing with them.

personally i think they should just keep those cm's open throughout the next xpac, and those who still retain the realm best times, use the titles. it keeps the mop dungeons from being deserted and never being used again. and if you lose a realm best time, you lose the title.

10+ Year Old Account
    My realm's "Best times" are all three people form our realm, and two people they paid to tank/heal them.

Did it still take good dps on there part? Yep. Was the hardest part taken care of for them? Yep. Why should they get a title for that?

IF they left them in they should make it require 5/5 from the realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Thing to remember with top X% serverwide is that a lot of people who have the titles now wouldn't get them. You can find groups with realm first titles that are 500+ in the serverwide rankings.

And then you'd get just as much bitching about people losing their title.

That is another massive problem with having it "realm best" Some realms just suck :P
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    That is another massive problem with having it "realm best" Some realms just suck :P
    This argument is insanely stupid, there was bad servers during T7, T8 and T9 but they all kept their titles. Does it not bother any of you that the same 30-40 people would get R1 glad titles every season because near the end of the season they would transfer to some backwater server on a dead BG and get R1 with ease? They have fixed that now, but did they remove their titles when they fixed it? No. And yet they are doing this to CM titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    This argument is insanely stupid, there was bad servers during T7, T8 and T9 but they all kept their titles. Does it not bother any of you that the same 30-40 people would get R1 glad titles every season because near the end of the season they would transfer to some backwater server on a dead BG and get R1 with ease? They have fixed that now, but did they remove their titles when they fixed it? No. And yet they are doing this to CM titles.
    So because they made mistakes in the past, they cannot correct it now?
    You're a towel.

You call them mistakes, blizzard evidently doesn't feel that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    Logic too strong.

I guess if you got a r1 at some point in time you get Mistwalker. I supposed thats our consolation prize :\
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are mistakes, that is the way the game should be. I hate this whole "everything needs to be 100% fair!" bullshit that Blizzard desperately try to achieve now. Yes some (very small amount) people will get titles that probably shouldn't have due to being on a low pop server, but I have seen people with the titles who have times slower than what I get when I boost 2 people, yeah you have the title but you're not impressing anyone because you transferred to a server that probably has about 50 items on the AH at any given time. But anyway bottom line is Blizzard have implemented this horribly and the competitive players shouldn't have to suffer for their incompetence, even if it does keep a few whining scrubs quiet.

6m Jade on Stormrage, 15m Jade on Hakkar - same reward. Realm-based rankings are inherently flawed, even with connected realms.

Deleted
    The titles have always been a temporary reward to encourage players to chase realm best times.

Does it really need to be any clearer?

I agree they should be removed since CM's are a joke; but they're cool titles, it would be nice if they were retained somewhere in the game to be obtained.