Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This is dumb :*( i was working hard for my titles.

Man what's going on with this company lately, "your reward for completing the hardest challenge is : stripping you of your title! hahahahhahha"
    Well I'm sure there will be new things to contend for in WoD , but the overarching message that Blizzard is sending is "nothing is permanent, things matter in the current expansion only".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    So when is the patch coming? November?
    Actually mid-november is my personal guess. Anyone else want to start a poll?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gorkng View Post
    This is dumb :*( i was working hard for my titles.
    Don't work hard for WoW, best work hard for something that makes you money because at least that won't disappear when a new expansion launches -- well at least not all of it.

im glad the titles are removed.

its not a real competition anyway, bring fotm basic setup and faceroll the shit, repeat and practice to do faster.

pretty much every top spot is brewmaster monk,disc priest,ele shaman,x,x

fix that first and then complain about titles

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now the titles are stupidly rare 5 ppl per dungeon per realm.

But I would rather see anyone who has ever held a realm best time (i.e has the FOS) get the title, and see that number increase by 10000% than I would see those 5 people per realm lose their title.

If you have the title now you've earnt it. You should keep it. @Blizzard and their 'the first team gets it title, 4 weeks later team 3 beat team1 by 4 minutes, but dont get title because team2 is already faster' what a load of total rubbish. If team3 didn't beat team2 they didnt beat anything did they. - They're both probably using team1s strat, which in my eyes means team1 deserve the title for being best first; team 2 deserve the title for being better 2nd, and team 3 need to stfu and actually achieve something.

10+ Year Old Account
    News on the Proving Grounds? Are them gonna lock these too?

Last I heard about the proving grounds was that they were planning to use them as a gating system for either LFR or Heroic Dungeons. I can't remember which it was.

Deleted
    Anyone have an idea what's going to happen to achievements that require getting gold cm in specific dungeons like The Shado-Master?

I think they should leave the title with the FOS showing the time it took them to complete it, having each group of people who beat the best time each having the title would make it a little less rare, but it might actually encourage some other types of players to start grinding challenge modes at the boring end of this expansion i.e. keep some paying subs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those a little confused on the wording, it has been confirmed via Blue Post in the Comments in the Official Thread that:

9/9 Silver or better on ONE TOON = 4 account wide mounts.

Rejoice, no more gearing and running alts through CMs for individual eggs.
    This. no need to worry with alts then.

anyone else notice that they said "but the clock is ticking" and put "season" in quotes? are they trying to say that a summer release is immanent? At least maybe for a 6.0 pre-patch release?

Quote Originally Posted by Derpaderp View Post
    Are you fucking real? The titles would only be lost if times were beaten, me and my group have worked our asses off to beat some of the absolute best times in the world to get our titles on, our hunter has 105 tortos LFR kills to get the right bracers, I have over 70 twin consorts kills to get the right bracers as a monk (still don't have the right ones neither one of us), we've put down so much time on farming rares for all the shit you use in speed runs (banners, battle horns, amber thingy for CC etc), we've spent an infinite amount of gold on drums of speed & darkwater potions (none of us really have time to farm it so we have to buy the shit off the AH) and now we finally secured our realm best titles by completely annihilating any competition on the server that we once had, and they announce this.. Yeha, thanks blizz, would like 3 months of my life back.
    Sounds like u went full retard. You never go full retard man.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    But I would rather see anyone who has ever held a realm best time (i.e has the FOS) get the title, and see that number increase by 10000% than I would see those 5 people per realm lose their title.
    Ultimately, reading between the lines in Watcher's post, I conclude that they just see way too many negatives and unhealthy outcomes to making these titles permanent - whichever way they decide to go:

Option 1: Give the last man standing the title:

If they decide to let the last team to have it when the patch lands keep it will result in some insanely competitive play. You can already see some posts by some people who have put crazy amounts of effort into getting their top spot, but when 2 or more teams are competing at that level it just becomes insane. Just as good, healthy competition is great for the game, unhealthy competition can be very damaging. Can you imagine the insanity in the week before the patch lands? And what about the people who lose out? If someone compromises their health from staying up for 72 hours straight while trying to keep or beat the best time right at the end, is it really worth it? If someone in such a condition suffers a mental breakdown, attempts (or succeeds) at committing suicide because they missed the title, is it really worth it?

I guess a lot of people won't have thought about those kind of ramifications, but I believe a lot of bad will come from it if they try this.

Option 2: Give everyone who got it the title:

The problem here becomes people who start gaming this in future expansions, or even at the end of MoP. You'll have people switching realms to find a spot to get it. At the start of an expansion you'll have a bunch of people racing for the first clear. And then, once people have achieved a realm lead, they'll quit it altogether because they know they have what they need and CMs will then die horribly. The whole motivation behind those titles will be forever lost - it will become like so many achievements, a box to tick rather than a title to defend.

Again, all sorts of unhealthy competition that sucks the fun right out of it.

Yes, I hear you guys that it sucks for those who feel they deserve the permanent title. But in the grand scheme of things, I think the devs have a good point and even if we can't know for certain that the nett outcome will be bad, the risk simply isn't worth it...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reaction to this decision is absolutely hilarious. I'm big on achievements and was saddened that all my cm points would be converted to FoS thus lowering my point total when Im so close to 20k points. That said, I'm not all up in arms nerd raging about it. Oh fucking well. People complaining about the time they spent on getting best times is just plain silly. More than likely, you've already spent a large amount of time on this game so why ask for all those "wasted" hours of your life back. Did you have fun competing for best times? If so, there is you're fucking reward. In truth, I think the first group of players to beat each CM (gold version) should be the ones that keep the title just like the guild that beats a heroic boss first. The race should of ended there.

Deleted
    I think that either anyone who ever got realm first should keep the title forever or that they should be removed completely. I don't like the idea of having to spam challenge modes the last few days of MoP in order snipe the titles so I think this was a good decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    Sounds like u went full retard. You never go full retard man.
    Doing something to the fullest = full retard?

I think you're the one who's retarded, a little bit because you're reusing that old line.

Deleted
    People complain but let's face it- making the mounts account wide may actually reduce the ridiculous practice of people selling boosts for these things for tonnes of gold or real money- breaking terms and conditions but good luck getting a ban. I've done gold on my druid on a very busy server but again good luck managing to form a group on normal or low servers unless you have guild mates interested. They would be better off making some solo challenges that rewarded xmog gear- maybe that would encourage people to use proving grounds more for example.

Deleted
    Okay so if you have ONE phoenix you get the other three also and account wide?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people seriously getting butt-hurt about losing "titles"? Of all things, that's what you are flailing your arms in anger about? I don't even show titles because they are pointless these days. I use them maybe for an RP standpoint but I have them turned off. It's pointless information.
    I understand that it takes time out of your day to keep your titles, but it's just a TITLE. It's one thing if Blizzard just straight up took away the mounts and transmog gear along with the titles, but they aren't. Honestly there are several other things that could be deemed more important to complain until the sun goes down.

I am glad though that they are making the mounts account wide. I would really love to ride them on my alts. Now if I understand correctly, we don't have to do CM on alts to get the other mounts. But will Blizzard automatically give them to us or will we have to pay for them? (Like the Netherwing Drakes)

Deleted
    The challenges was one of the most anticipated features for me, but they were said to be guild related things. And the guild I was in never did them. So fail feature fails.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Designer View Post
    The challenges was one of the most anticipated features for me, but they were said to be guild related things. And the guild I was in never did them. So fail feature fails.
    the feature itself was fine, it seems you are the one that failed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12373317472

People who feel strongly about the removal of realm best titles, on either side of the fence, please weigh in on the official forums when the website is no longer experiencing downtime. Particularly people who hold one or more realm best titles. Many of the title holders feel very strongly about the countless hours and large sums of gold we dropped to secure the titles we earned, and now they are being stripped from us with very shaky reasoning.

A lot of us would greatly appreciate support in our attempts to convince them of rethinking this change.