Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Challenge Mode End of Season - Reward Clarifications

Challenge Mode End of Season - Reward Clarifications
    Blizzard posted clarifications on how Challenge mode rewards will play out at the end of the season.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Countless adventurers continue to brave the most trying versions of Mists of Pandaria dungeons, but the clock is ticking. This “season” of Challenge Modes will be coming to an end with the upcoming release of a patch prior to the expansion’s release.

Challenge Modes are designed to offer as close to a “normalized” difficulty as possible, and they’re tuned to be tough to master. With Warlords of Draenor’s class changes, itemization changes (e.g. the removal of Hit and Expertise), and—of course—increased level cap on the horizon, the difficulty of Mists of Pandaria’s dungeons will no longer be tuned the same as they were. In the spirit of fair play, when the aforementioned patch is released a little while before the new expansion launches, the current slate of Challenge Mode dungeons will no longer be available, and the achievements they award will be converted to Feats of Strength. The reward items will still be available for purchase by those who qualified prior to the end of the season, but it will not be possible for new players to earn those rewards going forward.

If you still need to earn your Undaunted title, Ancestral Phoenix, or class-specific Transmogrification sets, now’s the time to get out there and prove your worth. In Warlords of Draenor, an entirely new set of Challenge Modes will be available . . . and with them an array of new rewards for you to earn. Until then, stay sharp!

* Reward Clarifications

With the upcoming end of the Challenge Mode Season, we wanted to provide some additional clarification on how we plan to handle rewards.

Achievements: All Achievements associated with Mists of Pandaria Challenge Modes will become Feats of Strength.

Rewards
    • Bronze: The “Undaunted” title for achieving a full set of Bronze medals will become account-wide.
    • Silver: The Pandaren Phoenix mounts awarded for a full set of Silver medals will become account-wide. If any character on an account has earned a full set of Silver medals, all four variants of the Pandaren Phoenix (Crimson, Ashen, Violet, and Emerald) will become available to all characters account-wide.
    • Gold: The cosmetic class sets will remain character-specific. Any character that has earned all nine Gold medals will still be able to repurchase the appropriate set, should they misplace theirs, from Challenger Soong or Challenger Wuli in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Any characters that have earned one or more “Challenger’s Path” teleport spells by earning Gold medals in Mists Challenge Modes will retain those spells.
    • Realm Best Titles: There are extremely limited titles that are held by the players who hold the best clear time for a given dungeon on a given server. Since those Challenge dungeons will no longer be available in Warlords of Draenor, their respective titles are also being permanently removed. There will be new Challenge dungeons in the upcoming Warlords season, and new titles for which to contend, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see the mounts are becoming account-wide.

Now I need to go and get silvers on four toons...

So when is the patch coming? November?

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    [size=3][*]Silver: The Pandaren Phoenix mounts awarded for a full set of Silver medals will become account-wide. If any character on an account has earned a full set of Silver medals, all four variants of the Pandaren Phoenix (Crimson, Ashen, Violet, and Emerald) will become available to all characters account-wide.
    [/list][/blizzquote]
    I am a little confused by the wording here, shown in bold. If ONE character has done it he will have access to all 4 mounts?
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bronze: The “Undaunted” title for achieving a full set of Bronze medals will become account-wide.

It's already account wide LOL. They worded this entire post so poorly. Do I only need 1 toon with silver to get
    all 4 mounts or do I have to do it on 4 seperate toons. Beyond that, taking away the titles from the players is
    just ridiculous BUT because of how they've worded it it's hard to tell if they mean the titles are gone on a whole
    or if just the ability to get it is gone. 2/10 blizz, come on.

Realm Best Titles: There are extremely limited titles that are held by the players who hold the best clear time for a given dungeon on a given server. Since those Challenge dungeons will no longer be available in Warlords of Draenor, their respective titles are also being permanently removed. There will be new Challenge dungeons in the upcoming Warlords season, and new titles for which to contend, however.

AHAHAHHAHA. Nice. So everyone who is stayin at a dead server for the title will lose them with wod.

For those a little confused on the wording, it has been confirmed via Blue Post in the Comments in the Official Thread that:

9/9 Silver or better on ONE TOON = 4 account wide mounts.

Rejoice, no more gearing and running alts through CMs for individual eggs.

Wait wat? If i have realm best title -- it will be removed? and i won't be able to turn it on? Whats the ponit of these titles then?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlster View Post
    I am a little confused by the wording here, shown in bold. If ONE character has done it he will have access to all 4 mounts?
    yeah, i am getting confused now.

Deleted
    Realm Best Titles: There are extremely limited titles that are held by the players who hold the best clear time for a given dungeon on a given server. Since those Challenge dungeons will no longer be available in Warlords of Draenor, their respective titles are also being permanently removed. There will be new Challenge dungeons in the upcoming Warlords season, and new titles for which to contend, however.

Is this April's Fools all over again?

It would have been great to leave the titles in and allow people to fight up until the patch day to keep them. Isn't that the whole point behind them?

why remove the titles? let the people who have the best time when they close, keep them.

Deleted
    They should really do so you can get the gear on other chars though. I've got several sets on my 90s, but I yet have some chars to get it on. I got all the mounts aswell. - Atleast make the gear for if you have more than one of the same classes. That'd make me happy.

Deleted
    If the titles are being removed, are the FoS achievements also going too?

Well, now I guess there's no point to finishing my sweep of the server #1 titles.

I don't think its fair to remove those titles from people who worked hard to earn them, let them keep them. No, I am not an owner of one, but it still doesn't make sense to remove them from my perspective.

For the realm best titles it sounds like players won't get to keep them, is that what they mean? I hope not...

Since you lost the title when someone else beat your time, it doesn't make sense to have whomever got the best time before the close-off date to keep it. Each of the major patches have added buffs to various classes that does affect challenge mode, making it quicker to do.

Titles are removed but FoS will stay so don't cry much on that. Imo they are going towards a trend of "healthy" gaming. Running CM's like mad in the last 2 weeks of the patch and burning yourself up just to see that some other grp got the titles... not too healthy hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    why remove the titles? let the people who have the best time when they close, keep them.
    ^ This seems to make the most sense. Hopefully they reconsider; it would be a pretty good idea to keep them in so people can have fun things to still accomplish while we wait around aimlessly.