Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryoxene View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12373317472

People who feel strongly about the removal of realm best titles, on either side of the fence, please weigh in on the official forums when the website is no longer experiencing downtime. Particularly people who hold one or more realm best titles. Many of the title holders feel very strongly about the countless hours and large sums of gold we dropped to secure the titles we earned, and now they are being stripped from us with very shaky reasoning.

A lot of us would greatly appreciate support in our attempts to convince them of rethinking this change.
    The titles were never intended to be permanent.

Just do what I am doing - enjoy the titles while you have them, think back on fond memories of tackling a challenge with friends (you did them with friends and not a bunch of assholes you can't stand who you were just using for times, right?), show them off in Shrine while you play ESO on another screen, etc.

If you are upset about losing them you shouldn't have been farming them in the first place.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

The titles were never intended to be permanent.

Just do what I am doing - enjoy the titles while you have them, think back on fond memories of tackling a challenge with friends (you did them with friends and not a bunch of assholes you can't stand who you were just using for times, right?), show them off in Shrine while you play ESO on another screen, etc.

If you are upset about losing them you shouldn't have been farming them in the first place.
    The titles were twice over stated by Blizzard officials to most likely be permanent come WoD. With no updates on that, that's the assumption we were working under. They can't claim for them to be permanent one day, and gone the next without people being upset.

The fact is, some of the people out there put in so much work just to make sure we never lost them. If we did lose them to other players, then they earned them better than we did. They worked harder than we did; because none of the people in that thread would lose them to someone on an accidental run.

I'd be perfectly fine to lose them to a competitor, and I'd show that person respect as someone who also put in huge amounts of time and work into taking that title. If someone sweeped my titles tomorrow, I'd still champion to have them kept in game. Because they don't deserve to lose them any more than the rest of us.

As for fond memories, yes, I'll remember 3am resets on Shado-pan because the stupid novices bugged out AGAIN. And the thousands of gold my team dropped switching to engineering. And the thousands of herbs I farmed specifically for those runs. And the daily checking of the leaderboard. And the dozens of videos I watched 10 times over just to see what buffs they had and where. The cumulative hundred runs on megaera to get our cloth wearers their bracers with a favorable roll. Those are the things I'll remember, and all we'll have left is a feat of strength among many feats of strength for CMs.

All of that said, I still encourage EVERYONE with strong feelings to weigh in on the official forums. Both good and bad.

EDIT: And in response to my friends, I'm as upset on their behalf as I am for me. We did this as a team, and now we lose as a team.

I am outraged. I just learned that all my hc warforged BiS gear will become next to worthless in WoD, and that even some green quest gear will be better! So to be able to sit in Shrine and impress noobs I have to kill even MORE hard bosses to get a new set of gear. This is ridiculous. I suggest that all of us who have gathered our sexy gear from SoO hc rally together and try to convince blizzard that they should let our gear be BiS in WoD as well!! Who's with me!?

- - - Updated - - -

The titles were twice over stated by Blizzard officials to most likely be permanent come WoD. With no updates on that, that's the assumption we were working under. They can't claim for them to be permanent one day, and gone the next without people being upset.

The fact is, some of the people out there put in so much work just to make sure we never lost them. If we did lose them to other players, then they earned them better than we did. They worked harder than we did; because none of the people in that thread would lose them to someone on an accidental run.

I'd be perfectly fine to lose them to a competitor, and I'd show that person respect as someone who also put in huge amounts of time and work into taking that title. If someone sweeped my titles tomorrow, I'd still champion to have them kept in game. Because they don't deserve to lose them any more than the rest of us.

As for fond memories, yes, I'll remember 3am resets on Shado-pan because the stupid novices bugged out AGAIN. And the thousands of gold my team dropped switching to engineering. And the thousands of herbs I farmed specifically for those runs. And the daily checking of the leaderboard. And the dozens of videos I watched 10 times over just to see what buffs they had and where. The cumulative hundred runs on megaera to get our cloth wearers their bracers with a favorable roll. Those are the things I'll remember, and all we'll have left is a feat of strength among many feats of strength for CMs.

All of that said, I still encourage EVERYONE with strong feelings to weigh in on the official forums. Both good and bad.

EDIT: And in response to my friends, I'm as upset on their behalf as I am for me. We did this as a team, and now we lose as a team.

Sounds to me like u never even enjoyed doing CMs and that it was more like a chore. U know, ppl went for realm best and world best times long before those titles were even introduced. What incentive do u think they had? Maybe they actually enjoyed it? Just like many guilds enjoy doing speedruns in SoO with nothing to show for it than WoWprogress rankings.

10+ Year Old Account
    The titles were there to show off you have the current fastest. They could have been removed the next day by a faster team. They are current expansion bragging rights. Next expansion new CMs, try to hold the best and show off the titles while you hold them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    The titles were there to show off you have the current fastest. They could have been removed the next day by a faster team. They are current expansion bragging rights. Next expansion new CMs, try to hold the best and show off the titles while you hold them.

With that mentality, all titles should be taken away whenever new content or a patch comes out. While we're at it why not just delete our characters whenever a new expansion comes out and force us to re-roll.

Titles do not equal gear, they're purely cosmetic things meant to show off previous and current skills/achievements.

This guy is hilarious. New Expansion always comes with certain things being removed welcome to World of Warcraft. The new expansion means new challenges to conqueor. Who needs some stupid title to show it off, it's just like the joke with Loremaster when they nerfed the hell out of that achieve in Cataclysm. Made it three hundred times easier for everyone to get it, but everyone who had it when it was an actual challenge just got the shaft and didn't even get a FOS saying oh you did this before we nerfed the crap out of questing. Didn't say anything, be glad you getting an FOS, I honestly don't even think ya deserve that. New expansion comes out, cool DE all my gear and let's star tit all over again. Part of the experience as a character, you conquer everything in SoO and now its time to conquer WoD and you start from nothing again.

These titles aren't for you to just have or keep, they are maintained. Think of them more like a belt in Boxing. Sure, you have the title right now because you're the current champ. When somebody beats your time, you lose the title. If the competition is over, there's nothing to maintain, there's no competition. No such thing as a champion without competitors or competition, because you're not the champion of anything.

So the people who worked there asses of to get the realm 1st titels wornt get to keep them because it would become to rare??? Cause not everyone who just dinged 90 can get them... Getting so sad when i see shit like this with blizzard always removeing anything special or somewhat unique...
    And the Undaunted titel is already account wide blizz scrubs.

Ib4 mad elitiest

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we remove Immortal, Undying, Hand of A'dal, all realm first titles from WOTLK, all rank 1 Gladiator titles. It's not like people worked for them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Anyone have an idea what's going to happen to achievements that require getting gold cm in specific dungeons like The Shado-Master?
    They said they are removing the CM requirement: https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...96140095832064 and also said on official forums too (search it).

On to another matter
    If anyone on EU Horde who ONLY wants Silver set for mounts (and bronze title too ofc), check out Openraid and search for Silver Spoon CM. Planning on putting up a strict Silver group running a few hours a week (strict as in silver only, won't be pushing time the first few times of each dng and not requiring pots [unless we need to beat silver ofc]). An initial run will be put up there in the next couple of days. Group will decide a time for next run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Can we remove Immortal, Undying, Hand of A'dal, all realm first titles from WOTLK, all rank 1 Gladiator titles. It's not like people worked for them, right?
    You can't compare them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You can't compare them.
    Of course you can. Realm firsts more so, going from the devs twitter response to the rank 1 comparison. It was a title earned with current content, that was kept forever. This is a title earned with current content being removed in the next patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    the feature itself was fine, it seems you are the one that failed.
    You are wrong. The purpose of the game shouldn't be to force people in some format like joining such guilds that have people who go to challenges. Why is there random dungeon finder tool? To let people play. Is there any particular reason for not let people play challenges unless they do it with their guild? No other than some Blizzard strategy of driving people into guilds. But guess what? They failed to keep me interested in their game instead!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    I am outraged. I just learned that all my hc warforged BiS gear will become next to worthless in WoD, and that even some green quest gear will be better! So to be able to sit in Shrine and impress noobs I have to kill even MORE hard bosses to get a new set of gear. This is ridiculous. I suggest that all of us who have gathered our sexy gear from SoO hc rally together and try to convince blizzard that they should let our gear be BiS in WoD as well!! Who's with me!?
    The logic in this quote... there is none. What you wrote doesn't make any sense at all and is in no way comparable to the removing of the CM titles.

I don't get what do people, who do not compete for the said titles, have against keeping them in the game. If you are not in the "race", why do you want them removed? Why not let people, who actually are involved in the competition for them, have it their way?

Deleted
    Of course you can. Realm firsts more so, going from the devs twitter response to the rank 1 comparison. It was a title earned with current content, that was kept forever. This is a title earned with current content being removed in the next patch.
    Except Glad. titles are gained at the end of the season and the raid titles could be obtained by everyone. People who hold the current fastest time in CM's have the title for as long as they are the fastest. Since there is no way of defeating them after patch 6.0 its clearly different to other titles.

And to people who are saying we want them removed, that is truly not the case. We just agree with the PoV of Blizz, if they want to keep it near the end anyway they are free to go.

For people who want a title that compares to this: The Battle of Ahn'Qiraj (Scarab Lord), they did not removed this and the person who got to open the gates first kept it trough all the patches/expacs.
    Last edited by mmocce1eacff4c; 2014-04-03 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Immortal was done via raiding/achievements which could of been made much easier. Hand of A'dal is different due to it's raiding. CM's aren't. Realm Firsts are a completely different since it's a race to X Level that and the way people went was unhealthy(Staying up all night). Don't need to do that to CM's Gladiator titles are much harder to obtain IMO since the top what .2A% or something and Cm's...well....not even %'s are used.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Estimate on this patch release? how long do we have? hate this ninja warning..