Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shouldn't a Worgen be like this? (more humanoid - less wolf)

This was one of the concepts before Cataclysm

Should Worgen be a "little bit" less beastly? More like a noble wolf.

Eh, Probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if just was like so, though it is not just a transformation but a mutation of a curse. Though, would be cool if you had a choice.

When worgen was new (up to 2½ months into Cataclysm) they could attack without transforming, loved that. Then they fixed it and you transform just be killing a critter.

They should allow you to not transform until you break a certain Heal/Dmg limit. As well, would be a good addition to see choice of either the feral being of a Worgen, or the more Humanoid being, a small view of how badly you have been "corrupted".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I bet if you turned that head to the side, you'd see the shape would more closely resemble a long wolf head rather than a short human head.

The eye could just be a unique attribute of that particular Worgen. Look at his other eye...

Again, the mouth would probably appear to be short because your viewing the head from the front.

Same thing with the hair.

It's all about perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original worgen weren't, so I don't see why.
    If anything they should be more feral.

Worgens can already transform into a fully human state... having their transformation be more human than wolf would be silly.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Worgens can already transform into a fully human state... having their transformation be more human than wolf would be silly.
    Ah, thinking right about this, I have to admit so, yes. Unless you weren't able to transform back, but you are. Didn't fully think about that. Hehe. My main Worgen is basicly always in human form, unless combat.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I started hating Worgen since I started auctioning in Stormwind. They keep sniffing around and I have to turn volume off. It's unbearable after a while.
    But anyway, the wolf-form is really expressiveless. And human form is just human.
    From 100% human to 100% beast. Something intermediate 50%-50% would be better for me (and could totally remove the transformation)... but that's off-lore so np.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I bet if you turned that head to the side, you'd see the shape would more closely resemble a long wolf head rather than a short human head.

The eye could just be a unique attribute of that particular Worgen. Look at his other eye...

Again, the mouth would probably appear to be short because your viewing the head from the front.

Same thing with the hair.

It's all about perspective.
    Yes I know but imagine it like it appers, in human's head proportions.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they had a more regal look instead of feral.

worgen should look like this

I WANT MEH HAIR DAMNIT @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Na. It would defeat the point considering they can still turn into a Human at will. I mean, I can understand the intent of your question but I have to disagree.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want a new thread for it, but but since we're complaining about wogen, why can't worgen fight in human form? I wish blizzard would make that happen. On topic, I do like the concept art better than what made it into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I don't want a new thread for it, but but since we're complaining about wogen, why can't worgen fight in human form? I wish blizzard would make that happen. On topic, I do like the concept art better than what made it into the game.
    Because others, and Blizz included would say to just make a human if you want it. Granted I'd like to be a human as a druid, I don't like worgen animations at all.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

What's your frame of reference? Worgen were a WOW take on werewolves, not werewolves. They are more like demonic bat/rat wolf demons. The canine direction they went in Cataclysm's alpha and beta was detour, and they rightfully went back to their roots, with the males at least, I'd say.

Early original design, transdimensional necromancy demon monsters, pretty much.

People are making arbitrary demands who start talking about what's accurate or not compared to canines.
    Ultimately we got a polished version in this form below of the original Worgen, and they were integrated well into the lore of Night Elves and the Scythe of Elune questline from Vanilla, as easy as it is to sit on your armchair and claim they never intended so and so. Newsflash, this game is all made up on the fly, as long as it fits, it fits imo.

People who like anthro canines are just understandably dissappointed. But it's not as if they couldn't do it. The same artist above here has an actual wolf anthro showing the differences in his design style.
    One of Blizzard's finest new artists I think, btw. His Mogu loading screen art blew me away. Absolutely adore his form and solid chunky sense of mass and kinetic bouncy energy in his poses.

For the record, in the 21 days from betas release to the release of the more feral current Worgen model, I was on the beta forum disagreeing with people who wanted them to look more feral. I liked the alpha model. Then I saw the new model, and frankly I never thought WOW player models would ever look that cool in the history of the game's lifetime, it totally pushed the bar. Aesthetically, yes, it's a demonic looking Skaven, but so what? I at first requested they include both models, but really, the alpha model looks like it's from a different game in terms of model sophistication, it may be preferable to you aesthetically, but in terms of the fidelity of the sculpture and the artistic style and expression and detail, they're on another level.

The female? No comment. Okay, a little comment. The alpha female looked lame and outdated and more like a deer. The current one looks more advanced, but is plagued with clipping issues and contortions in her animations. I look forward to seeing what they do when they get their rigging updated. Not to mention looking like a ridiculous chihuahua in her skull structure.

To put it simply, worgen are basically vampire werewolves, or demonic werewolves. They aren't just werewolves, they are unique.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-04-03 at 04:55 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

15+ Year Old Account
    This worgen pain will never end. They're broken, they won't ever be fixed, because 3,5 gamers like it and Blizzard will "keep the silhouette".

dont lie to us yig! you just want elves to have all the luscious locks of awesome hair!

you want the hair all to yourself yig just admit it @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I WANT MEH HAIR DAMNIT @_@
    Ugh. I am so happy they didn't go with the anthro look. They should look savage and feral, not like they're straight out of someone's deviant art gallery. God knows the internet already has more than enough creatures boinking Amy Rose and friends.

I also wish they would have been actual worgen, not crummy old humans with a disease. And I also, also wish they wouldn't have explained the worgen away as druidism gonna awry, but what are you gonna do...
    Look! Words!

If they're reworking all the models, I'd like them to at least alter the face to be more expressive. The current look is all anger, all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    dont lie to us yig! you just want elves to have all the luscious locks of awesome hair!

you want the hair all to yourself yig just admit it @_@
    If I don't constantly ingest the silky locks, split ends or not, I die. Thus I bear this cross. So be it. I don't even lift.

And for laughs, I'd like to add that Leeroy Jenkins and Goldshire in Moonguard is possibly costing us a raid tier and the reason the new models won't even happen ever and be cancelled is the dance studio while I conclude now by asking how the chicken crossed the road and informing you that it did so to reach the other side of the road.

Also, Draenei totally look like goats and have transdimensional cosmic crystal phasing artifacts which vaguely resemble spaceships if you don't think about it, and while they are based on demons, demons in medieval Christian times were based on perversions of nature often hybridizing animals with humans, sometimes giving Satan duck feet, sometimes borrowing former pagan gods as fodder for the maligned in a way to stick it to the former parties in power and assert the new over the old, thus Pan and Dionysus and their satyr ended up as classic contributions to the medieval European creation of Satan by artists of the time, who went from God's arbiter in position of man's judgement to his mortal nemesis and adversary, changing his role in Hebrew folklore to the Lord of all darkness and evil in a new meme only about 1000 years old which we now have seen adopted by most American denominations of Christian sects in their mythology, and thus as Pan has goat features, so too do Satan and demons, and so too do Draenei in their divine demonic juxtaposition, so I think the whole juxtaposition of spaceships and goats as "space goats" is fucking hilarious. Just think about it, how do you like that?

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

/bow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If they're reworking all the models, I'd like them to at least alter the face to be more expressive. The current look is all anger, all the time.
    If they do, which they likely will while updating their rigging and fixing their animations, I'm sure the will get to be on par with every other race, including more facial expressions, and in that line of speculation, I'd like to raise a toast. And when that piece of toast is old enough for college, I'll kick it out of my house and tell it to get a job.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Pupils in their eyes would be sort of neat (and before someone points it out, I obviously mean more defined than the barely-perceptible milky pupils they have now,) but beyond that, they don't need any real touching up. The only thing I'd be willing to sign off on is a face option or two where they're not permanently snarling. Of course, that's significantly more work than just sticking a dot in their eyes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.