Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I like the current male worgen model but I really wish they would redo the female worgen. Even though I have one as my avatar ( Haven't gotten around to changing it ) I don't like their ninja-turtle snarl and their shoulder pads that do not fit their frame in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    The male worgen looks fine, female on other hand..

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the current male Worgen, but I do think they need more facial expressions rather than having a permanent snarl all the time. It would also help if they stood more upright.

Someone posted this picture in another topic about Worgen models. Granted, its artwork and not a 3D model, but you can clearly see that he stands more upright and has a lot more emotion in his face, rather than looking like a beast on legs.

Would being more human get rid of that ridiculous run? My answer depends on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, if just was like so, though it is not just a transformation but a mutation of a curse. Though, would be cool if you had a choice.

When worgen was new (up to 2½ months into Cataclysm) they could attack without transforming, loved that. Then they fixed it and you transform just be killing a critter.

They should allow you to not transform until you break a certain Heal/Dmg limit. As well, would be a good addition to see choice of either the feral being of a Worgen, or the more Humanoid being, a small view of how badly you have been "corrupted".
    Thats what ruined my worgen mage (will make him another race once the new models are out) for me. I liked the idea of an educated character that had a beast deep inside and would unleash that in certain situations. But the fact that you transform as soon as you enter combat ruined it completly.

10+ Year Old Account
    As somebody who plays on moon guard, I am pretty sure the bestial male worgen model is the way a LOT of people like it.
    You're a towel.

You people need to distinguish between fan-art worgens and Blizzards worgens.
    Just because you find the picture on bnet pages, doesn't mean it's not fan-art.

Also, it's Blizzards worgens. How can you even make a discussion on "how" they should look like? Blizzard got their own imagination and use it to form how their creatures should look like.

It's like saying, "Shouldn't this murloc look more like a monkey with paddles?". Blizzards game, Blizzard (employee's) imagination, Blizzards art.

Deal.With.It.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Deleted
    I like the wolfish look more

All races look better in the artworks.

Worgens are no exception,the problem is that for some reason Blizzard doesn't want to render the actual model as they are previewed in the concept art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen are Lycan.. Therefore they look good to me the way they are.

What's the difference?

Werewolf only transform during full moon, and multiply by biting their victims.
    Lycan transform at will, and multiply through conventional means.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I like the current male Worgen, but I do think they need more facial expressions rather than having a permanent snarl all the time. It would also help if they stood more upright.

Someone posted this picture in another topic about Worgen models. Granted, its artwork and not a 3D model, but you can clearly see that he stands more upright and has a lot more emotion in his face, rather than looking like a beast on legs.

*snip*
    Yeah, but look at all the ones in the background and how they're standing, versus how Crowley there is standing.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    All races look better in the artworks.

Worgens are no exception,the problem is that for some reason Blizzard doesn't want to render the actual model as they are previewed in the concept art.
    This is Blizzard's tradition going back to WC1, realistic lore and game art, in game is 4th wall breaking and has whimsical caricatures that look like cel shaded animated goofy parallel universes. And not the crappy cell shaded video game effect, but like Don Bluth's Dragon Slayer or the Secret of Nimh. It's a weird coexisting world that overlaps ingame, but has clear distinctions in outside official canon. Every in game model is a kind of caricature inspired by unique juxtapositions of animals and human cultures and archetypal personalities and accents.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    This is Blizzard's tradition going back to WC1, realistic lore and game art, in game is 4th wall breaking and has whimsical caricatures that look like cel shaded animated goofy parallel universes. And not the crappy cell shaded video game effect, but like Don Bluth's Dragon Slayer or the Secret of Nimh. It's a weird coexisting world that overlaps ingame, but has clear distinctions in outside official canon. Every in game model is a kind of caricature inspired by unique juxtapositions of animals and human cultures and archetypal personalities and accents.
    That's because they had to choose a specific artstyle for the whole game (unlike artwork, which ranges from even-more-cartoony-than-WoW to gritty and realistic), and they opted for one that would not age as fast as other 3D styles.