Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is going to come out as a dispute gone out of control I bet.

If someone really pisses you off, punch them in the middle of their face.

Not go get a gun...

All weapons have their place, but not in making sure you nuclear option your life to prove you're a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    My recruiter told me lying at MEPS would get me sent to the brig lol. I must have gotten a good one :P

And "Lying" about minor ankle problems is slightly different then lying about being on anxiety/depression meds, in my opinion :P
    Well I got a pretty big liar: he told me, after training, I could go to any base I wanted, for all 4 years. When I left home, I was convinced I would be stationed less than an hour from my house, for 4 years....my first station was Camp Hovey, south Korea

He would have lied to get in anyone, regardless of physical injury or mental illness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If there isn't a paper trail, and you don't have any clear indicators of self-harm, it is pretty easy to slip in so to speak.

And in the U.S don't you have to give permission to allow the forces to look through you med history or?

Could also allow more to slip in...
    Honestly not as far as I know. I don't think they look to closely at just every random recruit, but for higher security clearance jobs they def do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    Well I got a pretty big liar: he told me, after training, I could go to any base I wanted, for all 4 years. When I left home, I was convinced I would be stationed less than an hour from my house, for 4 years.

He would have lied to get in anyone, regardless of physical injury or mental illness.

You should have reported him. You realize he can get into massive, massive trouble for that, right? You would not even have to mention the medical stuff-just the base lie.

The number one thing when going to sign up for the military: If the recruiter says you are assured of something (Airborne/MOS/whatever) GET IT IN WRITING.
    You're a towel.

Honestly not as far as I know. I don't think they look to closely at just every random recruit, but for higher security clearance jobs they def do.

- - - Updated - - -

You should have reported him. You realize he can get into massive, massive trouble for that, right? You would not even have to mention the medical stuff-just the base lie.

The number one thing when going to sign up for the military: If the recruiter says you are assured of something (Airborne/MOS/whatever) GET IT IN WRITING.
    Well, it was 15 years ago, I am just bringing it up for the sake of this discussion, not crying over long ago spilled milk.

15+ Year Old Account
    that tip is good for every job not just the military
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I'm not sure why it'd be shocking that taking violent people, putting them in situations that trigger PTSD, then expecting them to behave nicely goes poorly sometimes. Pretty shitty, but not exactly shocking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    I've often wondered, if so many of our troops suffer PTSD from being in these combat zones for a couple years, just imagine how fucked up the native folks are.
    the natives were fucked up beforehand, hence the 'need' to be there. that's what rumsfeld told us, anyway.

not been a very happy last few years with all the gun news, itt ppl need to stop with the gun control rants, at least it really doesn't matter how strict your gun laws are they don't protect anyone from snapping and going postal. even if you ask every customer stupid questions like, are you happy with your job/s? what is the likelihood of you shooting your colleagues on a scale of 1-10?. its not really going to make much of a difference. when you have the ability to own a gun by law, there is very little you can actually do besides revoking that law, which we all know will probably never happen in this century.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    not been a very happy last few years with all the gun news, itt ppl need to stop with the gun control rants, at least it really doesn't matter how strict your gun laws are they don't protect anyone from snapping and going postal. even if you ask every customer stupid questions like, are you happy with your job/s? what is the likelihood of you shooting your colleagues on a scale of 1-10?. its not really going to make much of a difference. when you have the ability to own a gun by law, there is very little you can actually do besides revoking that law, which we all know will probably never happen in this century.
    Status quo is fine folks, move along.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

well i mean eventually ofc the shootings will be enough and enough ppl vote to remove them from public circulation you might have a chance at lowering the gun deaths a bit but the way i see it, firearms are so prevalent its a lost cause. you'll always get ppl going off the rails now and then, there no way you can predict these things.

well it was a terrorist act. I don't mind when you call me (muslim) terrorist so i don't mind retorting in kind. Him being hispanic he clearly has some link to the narco terrorists of the hispanic world. And since Christians have killed millions around the world that's strike 2. strike 3 is him being a military person who travelled to other countries to kill people.

Yup he's a terrorist all right.

I knew 3 former afghan veterans. 2 killed themselves 1 i lost contact with. They were all troubled cuz they did horrific things in afghan to civilian people who they were brainwashed to believe were killers and terrorists. These poor guys suffered greatly from it. They at least didn't become terrorists and blow everyone away like this scum did.

I was so sad when I heard about the 2 that killed themselves and the 3rd i just dont' know where he is.

Yeah this guy was sick but why'd he take it out on everyone else?

terrible, just terrible.