10+ Year Old Account

Cool So i think i just trolled "Microsoft"

Microsoft called me

MS: Hello, my name is Byron, im calling from Microsoft tech support level 5, how are you today sir?
    Me: Alright i guess, How can i help?
    MS: Im calling you today to let you know you are transmitting a deadly virus, and we have tracked it to your location and number!
    Me: OMG! You know about my deadly virus to knock out all technology and enslave man kind?
    MS: Uh....What?
    Me: Oh you know, just a simple algorithymix complex virus that im transmitting to every global computer, goverment agency and anything else that has computers or technology!
    MS: Oh.... *Pauses* Um...
    Me: So yeah, and according to my special tracking software i have, i know where you are as well, so theres a virus about to hit your computers as well
    *Hear someone in the background saying "Disconnect the call now"
    Me: YOU ENJOY BEING MY SERVERNTS NOW!!!

I dont think their super was happy
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

If yer not messing with scam callers, you're not doing it right, so good on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Microsoft called me

MS: Hello, my name is Byron, im calling from Microsoft tech support level 5, how are you today sir?
    Me: Alright i guess, How can i help?
    MS: Im calling you today to let you know you are transmitting a deadly virus, and we have tracked it to your location and number!
    Me: OMG! You know about my deadly virus to knock out all technology and enslave man kind?
    MS: Uh....What?
    Me: Oh you know, just a simple algorithymix complex virus that im transmitting to every global computer, goverment agency and anything else that has computers or technology!
    MS: Oh.... *Pauses* Um...
    Me: So yeah, and according to my special tracking software i have, i know where you are as well, so theres a virus about to hit your computers as well
    *Hear someone in the background saying "Disconnect the call now"
    Me: YOU ENJOY BEING MY SERVERNTS NOW!!!

I dont think their super was happy
    100% awesome lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    If yer not messing with scam callers, you're not doing it right, so good on you!
    ^_^ cheers man
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Deleted
    You can have some internet money for this

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish these people would call me, I'm dying to troll them.

Deleted
    I mess with these guys every single time by turning them into my life psychologist and just rant on about my life.

"What kind of a virus? Like an STD? Man, I better stop having sex wit' my computer!"

Yep, my response is ready.

That is win.

Also, you can find some videos on YouTube where people were actually prepared for these scam callers and fucked with them. I think my favorite was where the dude set up a Windows 98 VM for them, and they had no clue how to do stuff on Windows 98. It is quite entertaining. The "technician" is trying to locate Event Viewer, Computer Management, and other stuff but can't quite get there!

Bonzi Buddy! xD

And part 2.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-03-22 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still make calls like that? Didn't even know.

10+ Year Old Account
    "YourTown Police, Fraud Investigation Department. This is Susan speaking, how can I direct your call?"

If you have a pesky TM who just won't stop calling, try that line. Worked wonders for me!

the MS guy called it a "deadly" virus?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never got called by these people

Kind of want to, I have a fair few good ideas on how to troll them properly, id play along but set up a virtual machine in something like virtualbox i.e a sandbox environment that id let them gain remote control over and toy with them for a while before letting them know i know more about computers than your average Joe...

We NZ geeks love to troll these idiots.

EG

Spend 45 minutes on the phone pretending to be a computer illiterate jobo who has issues figuring out how to move their mouse ...

Only to inform them "Oh I have a Mac " *trollface.jpg*

ha ha there's probably a rage comic about that.

Deleted
    Those scammers are really dumb..

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    "YourTown Police, Fraud Investigation Department. This is Susan speaking, how can I direct your call?"

If you have a pesky TM who just won't stop calling, try that line. Worked wonders for me!
    On the one hand, I want to try that. On the other, I worry (sightly) about impersonating a police officer....

As for the base thing about "microsoft" calling.... All I can say is ROFL ROFL ROFL! Especially the video. I mean that is some awesome trolling people have done to these scammers. Seriously, teamviewer... yes, because microsoft really uses that. *rolls eyes*

Much as I'd like to try that (or sandbox) if they called me... I don't know if I'd have the patience. Especially getting someone like in the video. "Do you see a run option?" I just clicked on the thing! Thats same as run!