Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Where's the Unsub from MMOC button?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post

This is the best one I have ever found.

Epic grilled cheese post from Boubouille; I'll have to try out some of your suggestions. I usually don't use shredded/grated cheese for sandwiches because in my experience it's kind of messy and a lot of it ends up getting loose and being wasted in the pan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not seen a post from Boubouille since the year I joined this site. With that, I believe I should buy a lottery ticket today.

http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BGR82...dp/B003SIN0BC/ looks pretty bad ass. I wish I had the money to throw at one at the moment, but I think I know what I'm getting for Christmas now.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Epic grilled cheese post from Boubouille; I'll have to try out some of your suggestions. I usually don't use shredded/grated cheese for sandwiches because in my experience it's kind of messy and a lot of it ends up getting loose and being wasted in the pan.
    I'll tell you what my mom told me when I turned 2 or 3 year old: learn to aim.

A tiny bit of stuff falling down the pan and getting crunchy and delicious is the best thing in the world, why would you try to push happiness away from your daily life?

Also, www.grilledcheesesocial.com (read the older posts, it gets really weird in the newer ones)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMetatron View Post
    Where's the Unsub from MMOC button?
    If you mean from threads, go to your user profile, and it shows all your threads you're subscribed to. You can unsubscribe there. Grilled Cheese Hater Boi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I'll tell you what my mom told me when I turned 2 or 3 year old: learn to aim.

A tiny bit of stuff falling down the pan and getting crunchy and delicious is the best thing in the world, why would you try to push happiness away from your daily life?

Also, www.grilledcheesesocial.com (read the older posts, it gets really weird in the newer ones)
    I will definitely check that place out. And I haven't made one with grated cheese before, it's never crossed my mind! Good idea, master!

And yeah.. that is definitely weird... the newest one called "The Morning Wood" is pretty odd.
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2014-04-03 at 04:05 PM.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    The key to best grilled cheese is good bread, good cheese and real butter! Cheddar for the all American version, or Monterey/Pepper Jack for a spicy kick!

Melt butter in microwave, brush outside of sandwich with butter and place on a preheated (medium high) frying pan. Cook until golden brown and crispy on the edges.

Here is my favorite sammich! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBoFpzrQokI

... want it to get weirder ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pepper Jack in a grilled cheese is the most glorious thing in the world, I've never tried the Balsamic before, but that definitely sounds worth a shot.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Bread, cheese, butter, frying pan. George Foreman grill if you're feeling super lazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use a griddle to make mine.

And my mom can make the best grilled cheese.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuaVerde View Post
    I just use a frying pan myself. I don't like owning "unitaskers" for the kitchen. They take up too much space and get used too little.

That said, a Forman Grill is a really good option, because you can use it for grilled sandwiches, steak, veggies, and just about anything you want to cook.
    I love my Foreman Grill. Paninis, hamburgers, hotdogs, anything.

But I think even now I'd still just using a frying pan for a grilled cheese. Butter the outer sides of the bread, plop the sandwich on the pan (spray it with Pam if its not a non-stick pan first!) and smush it a bit with a spatula. Flip it over and repeat until cheese is properly melted and both sides are a golden brown.
    Putin khuliyo

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    OMG Boub, that sounds delicious. x.x

THE NUMBERS MEAN SOMETHING someone figure it out its code for WoD beta start 8D

Deleted
    This thread.....The hell am I reading?!

On topic: I highly suggest all members of the human race invest in a good cast iron dutch oven. You can use them while camping or in your home oven and they infuse your food with nutritious iron! Tender loving care of the oven will result in a natural non-stick surface. They can also serve as a hefty murder weapon

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Epic grilled cheese post from Boubouille;
    Seriously. I am truly humbled. And the recipes on that site @.@
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, cast iron pan is bestest. Then again, I like using my cast iron pans for just about everything!

I like tossing my butter (real butter not fake mostly water crap!) in my heated pan. I do slice cheese and a very light layer of mayo (gonna try the shredded cheese next time) and toss in the sammich to the pan. I like gently moving it around the pan to absorb the rest of the butter and to get the crust well coated. I just really love well buttered, slightly crunchy crusts on meh sammiches...... Mmmm buttery crusts... er I mean.... yea, sammich!

Now you guys got me wanting to try some crazy, out of the box 'cheese grilled sandwiches' -- I have no idea why but when I was a kid that's what I called them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now butter. You always butter the bread, not the pan, mostly because you want the tasty milk solids suspended in the butter to caramelize on your bread and be delicious. Stick to lower heat (175°C or so) if you butter your bread because it's pretty easy to go past the smoke, and because the goal with butter is more to caramelize it slowly'ish than to sear. However, if you keep the heat high enough you can actually skip the butter altogether on the bread and still have something really good, if you're into the healthy side of things.
    Look, I agree with buttering the bread, but you gotta also butter or use cooking oil like Pam, on the pan, unless you have a non-stick pan. Nothing ruins a grilled cheese more than the bread getting torn apart because it sticks to the pan. The bread will still caramelize.
    Putin khuliyo