Choosing a class

Hey everyone,

I just came back to WoW after a pretty long hiatus. My friend asked me to start playing 2s with him, and I'm trying to figure out what class to use my 90 boost on. He has a warrior and mage. He enjoys both, so I'm looking for a class with good synergy with either 1 of those (or both of them if possible). Hope this is clear and informative enough.

Thanks

Edit: Sorry if this thread is against the rules. Hopefully, mods will remove it and no one will remember my name if it is...
    Last edited by Bunnylord24; 2014-04-03 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    These kind of threads aren't really allowed, but I'll comment while I still can.

Depending if you want to play double DPS or DPS/healer it really depends. For double DPS you could play a hunter, which means you'll keep the option open for when you want to play 3s with his warrior.

You could play a mage as well or even a DK (seen a 2k mmr warr/dk in 2s before this patch) which also keeps the option open for when you want to play 3s.

But if you want to play 2s a bit more competitively while also keeping the options open for 3s I strongly recommend druid. Druids fit really well with both warriors and mages, whether it be balance druid, feral druid or restoration druid.

You can basically play all three druid specs in both 2s and 3s with both his mage and his warrior.

Thank you. I forgot that "choose my class" threads are looked down upon. I didn't want to sound like that, but I really had no idea where to start. I appreciate your advice because I was really torn between warlock and druid. You helped sway me in the direction I was hoping I would hear. Thanks again!

10+ Year Old Account
    No problem man, glad I could help ^^

Come to think of it, warlock is a great choice as well for 3s, but not-so-much for 2s. You could still do relatively well, but you wouldn't have the strong pressure going on I reckon playing warrior/lock in 2s.

I might be wrong, though.

I think I'll stick with druid because my other top level characters are healers, so I'm more comfortable with that play style. I was just worried that it wouldn't mesh well.

I'm going to say rogue because I'm biased and warriors usually kick the crap out of my targets when i stun lock them. or subterfuge + silence on casters. get that burst in. tricks of the trade + bladestorm = omg u r dead.

but as i said im biased, there might be far better classes, healers in 2s are always a bitch to kill

-Strakha Rogue is definitely an option. I know that Rogue/Mage is incredibly strong. I just think I'll suck as a rogue haha.

-Blitzo I have both of those at 85, so I'll level and make sure to give them a try.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnylord24 View Post
    I think I'll stick with druid because my other top level characters are healers, so I'm more comfortable with that play style. I was just worried that it wouldn't mesh well.
    Druid's a good class. Guardian/Boom and Resto are highly desirable in RBGs right now. I wish I had the patience to gear another alt and actually learn how to druid.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

If you can heal then do it PvPers always need healers