Thread: Really?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    This thread just makes me glad that I don't have any friends to get me into trouble!
    That's so sad.. It'll be alright buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    That's so sad.. It'll be alright buddy.
    Oh I wasn't kidding. I'm a hermit and proud of it :P
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    He was in her class. She was there. Clearly she took offense to his actions. Regardless, his response to her request was rude, cheeky and disrespectful and therein lies the real problem.

A quick, "sorry ma'm" and him getting into a bit more of a serious frame of mind for the class that she is waiting to start would have efficiently diffused the situation.

Instead he chose to act belligerently, thus escalating the situation. His fault.
    You can't possibly be serious. Glad I'm not you.

This would indeed be the normal response for an adult with proper social skills. If you want to come across as a spoiled brat with narcissistic and/or antisocial character traits, then by all means respond as he did.
    A normal adult with proper social skills wouldn't attack a person for smiling when there is no reason not to, nor any rule against doing so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    A normal adult with proper social skills wouldn't attack a person for smiling when there is no reason not to, nor any rule against doing so.
    Going to go out on a limb and say we don't have the full story, though. Because you're right, why would a teacher be annoyed about a smile? Answering back, sure, but not a smile.

Deleted
    slap that bitch next time or just refuse to go

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like your teacher has been cursed with a bad day, happens for people, though reactions like that shouldn't be taken on students.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Going to go out on a limb and say we don't have the full story, though. Because you're right, why would a teacher be annoyed about a smile? Answering back, sure, but not a smile.
    Most likely this is the case, something else had to have happened or she just didn't react in an appropriate manner.

OP should clearly take her to court and get her fired. This is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by CptMitta View Post
    So I entered my College English class, sat down, and a friend of mine behind me told me something funny. So I laughed and kept smiling a little bit after that. During this the teacher walks up to me and says ''Get that grin of your face or you can leave''.
    I told her I was happy so I was smiling. Then she got really mad and I had to leave class. I now have to wait 2 hours before my new class starts and I have fuck all to do.

Hooray, education is amazing.
    Women on the rag man...
    Eyes to the floor and don't react, they might wander of...
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

15+ Year Old Account
    The sexism and utter stupidity in this thread is almost surprising. Even for the internet.

Wow, this thread... You're actually defending this kind of behaviour by the teacher? I assume the OP IS telling the truth, and the teacher has no right to kick the student out of the class if the class hasn't even began. I mean sure, if he was doing something actually bad she could, but he was by no means interrupting her, so what's the problem? Back in my days teachers did kick students out of their classes, but it was after a warning and when the student in question was actually doing things that left the teacher unable to do their job.

I'd go to the principal and make a complaint about her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptMitta View Post
    I told her I was happy so I was smiling. Then she got really mad and I had to leave class. I now have to wait 2 hours before my new class starts and I have fuck all to do.
    You're friend and you interupted her class with something dumb. You laughed. You smiled. Isn't she entitled to be pissed off with you? Don't be so quick to blame the teacher and consider maybe you were in the wrong.

Apologise and see what happens.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    He was in her class. She was there. Clearly she took offense to his actions. Regardless, his response to her request was rude, cheeky and disrespectful and therein lies the real problem.

A quick, "sorry ma'm" and him getting into a bit more of a serious frame of mind for the class that she is waiting to start would have efficiently diffused the situation.

Instead he chose to act belligerently, thus escalating the situation. His fault.
    Honestly? If he is living in the us going to a university, then he is literally paying the salary of this bitchy giggle-hater. I realize that the whole respect your elder or betters applies, but at the same time, when money is involved, it is her job to teach him regardless of how he acts, especially in that manner.

This is what I don't get with half this thread, taking the superiority complex shit will only let these idiots walk over you for the rest of your life, regardless if they are your superior now or your equal tomorrow. (if it were me, I would have calmly and collectively told her to go fuck herself and walked out of the class, promptly dropped it and picked another one and take the class next term under another professor or perhaps an entirely different university.)
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    You're friend and you interupted her class with something dumb. You laughed. You smiled. Isn't she entitled to be pissed off with you? Don't be so quick to blame the teacher and consider maybe you were in the wrong.

Apologise and see what happens.
    They didn't interrupt the class though, this was supposedly before class began.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP location says amsterdam, not the US.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally would probably have just apologized and moved on, because frankly I don't have time for things like this in my day, whatever got the person complaining to shut up the fastest would have worked for me :P
    You're a towel.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see anything wrong with her actions. Behave or leave.

Welcome to the real world
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    If you was legit just smiling then he didn't do anything wrong.

If you was doing that giggling shit and trying not to laugh then its your own fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Don't fuck around and you will be fine in the future. Just know chances are you're on her shit list.
    bullshit to that.

My belief is, if the craggy ass teacher thinks the OP was disrupting her class by laughing at something, she herself is disrupting her own class by being a tight arsed bitch and taking up more time with punishing him.

I've had teachers who appreciate laughter and making a joke, many who feel if you break the silence with a laugh, it opens students minds to learning, because you make a bond with your students and they are more prepared to listen to your lesson. I can honestly say I've learned more from teachers who adopt this attitude, then I have anything from the uptight bastards who can't even bond with there students, and are in it for the pay check.

I'm all for getting kids to behave, but your never do that being an uptight bitch of a teacher.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Welcome to the real world

Wow. What a soul-crushingly tedious viewpoint.