10+ Year Old Account

Chainsaw to the neck-No problem!

Damn, this is one lucky dude :P

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-neck/7192993/

This guy literally had a chainsaw stuck inside his body, right in the neck-and lived to tell about it!

"James Valentine was in a tree in Ross Township on Monday afternoon when he was struck in the neck by the saw. Another worker helped him down, and his co-workers left the saw in place to try to limit the bleeding."

That would be so messed up to be one of his co-workers and see that. Probably take chainsaw safety a bit more seriously after that :P
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I... umm. How would... I can't even............................

shit thats harsh, my step dad knew a guy that took one to the face, i met him once before but i honestly didn't know i couldn't tell to look at him, whoever his surgeon was must of had god hands.

chainsaws man, yikes i'd not like to see what that feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    chainsaws man, yikes i'd not like to see what that feels like.
    Considering how they work I am guessing it is quite possibly one of the most painful things imaginable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Considering how they work I am guessing it is quite possibly one of the most painful things imaginable.
    The shock of the injury will make it quite painless, until you either die, or are heavily sedated.

And that's why you always keep your neck and face out of the kickback zone. Of course not being there can't say for sure what really happened, but I just see it so much when people use saws. They hunker down and have their face close to the saw while they are putting pressure down on it while cutting. Just asking for trouble

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty crazy. There was a story probably a decade or so back where a guy got nearly halved by a large circular saw and lived to tell the tale. I guess it went through his side and stopped right before his spine. Blech.

Stories like these reinforce the idea that I'll never go near a power tool.

Deleted
    Humans can survive some absolutely unimaginable injuries. I remember a documentary on a black kid shot in the head with a fucking magnum. He lost an entire brain hemisphere, but survived and eventually regained much of the mobility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Humans can survive some absolutely unimaginable injuries. I remember a documentary on a black kid shot in the head with a fucking magnum. He lost an entire brain hemisphere, but survived and eventually regained much of the mobility.
    O_O
    Reminds me of that story a few years back where a boy got shot in the head with an arrow and survived. It went through just the right places and he retained full brain activity.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Pretty crazy. There was a story probably a decade or so back where a guy got nearly halved by a large circular saw and lived to tell the tale. I guess it went through his side and stopped right before his spine. Blech.

Stories like these reinforce the idea that I'll never go near a power tool.
    Man that reminds me of the story one of my dad's friend told me. We were watching one of those big diamond bladed concrete saws running. He said he watched one of those blades come off a machine. It dropped down and hit the concrete at max rpm, bounced back and killed the operator on a job he was on back in his 20's. The guy didn't have the blade secured in the machine correctly.

Needless to say they were both big sticklers for safety when I was growing up. (Family business had me dealing with a lot of heavy equipment and stuff growing up)

Can you believe it's only 30 stitches once they got it out?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shop Teacher in Pete & Pete made me never want to go anywhere near power tools. I am forever terrified of them.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tanaka TCS33EDTP/14 32.2cc 14-Inch Top Handle Chain Saw is included in one of the best chain saw collectors corner .It has an automatic gear-driven oiler and a side access chain tensioning providing quick and convenient chain adjustment. It is very light weight and capable of being used one handed and is perfect around yard saw..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mailly View Post
    Tanaka TCS33EDTP/14 32.2cc 14-Inch Top Handle Chain Saw is included in one of the best chain saw collectors corner .It has an automatic gear-driven oiler and a side access chain tensioning providing quick and convenient chain adjustment. It is very light weight and capable of being used one handed and is perfect around yard saw..
    ...well that was weird.

15+ Year Old Account
    Circumcision going bad! Glad for him that must be a one in a million luck.
    He didnt work alone so quick medical response, it missed major arteries, his co-workers left it in place.
    I wonder how he will be able to tell the story to his grandchildren without scaring them to death
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mailly View Post
    I read this in Snoop from The Wire's voice. He said it was the cadillac of chainsaws... he meant Lexus, but he ain't know it.