Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    New models aren't content?

Yeah.. gotta think through that one again.
    Considering everyone will get models regardless of whether or not they actually get the expansion...no.
    Look! Words!

Define Content, because content can be alot of things. And please, adding more classes will only send the game into having more balancing issues: AKA, more QQ from a part of the playerbase.
    Adding a race aint really needed every Expac, and I dont see any reasonable race for Alliance to join this expac either.

And if you think an Expac needs a new Race/class to be an expac, then you are in the wrong game tbh.

Considering everyone will get models regardless of whether or not they actually get the expansion...no.
    Same with Cataclysm, still an Expansion.
    An Expansion is more a change of bigger mechanics and storyline.
    Last edited by Alextros; 2014-04-03 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Yep. Because that's exactly what an expansion pack is.

Are you people even trying anymore?
    It's just another Jaylock topic. Dude's been inciting intellectual bankrupt discussion about WoW/WoD for a while now.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    What purpose would having new starting zones have? No new classes or races warrants no new starting zones. This is not an issue

WOD is being completely remade, from scratch, new.

also couldnt you have used one of the other hundred threads to bitch instead? Nothing new here to discuss.

/thread
    Being remade from scratch doesn't matter to me as a consumer. If I bought a burger and someone was like made from scratch, but it tasted like shit, i don't want it. If you want to make it from scratch that's up to you but I'm only paying for the end result. In this case it's just slightly higher polygon models of what we already have. Nothing new. I'll keep my $50 and put it towards my ESO sub

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    New models aren't content?

Yeah.. gotta think through that one again.
    New models are NOT content. Updating character models is a necessary part of modernizing a 10 year old game.

Doing repairs on your car does not equal taking a vacation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Yep. Because that's exactly what an expansion pack is.

Are you people even trying anymore?
    Bro update your weight!

Second, yeah people aren't trying. They are trying to make sense of something like this and its so hypocritical because the majority of them are still going to buy the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Expansions are basically glorified content patches anyway >_>
    They are and if they don't add anything MAJOR to the game blizzard shouldn't ask $40 for them let alone now $50.

Even more so when there is a huge amount of people who have been paying $15 a month since they started playing or at lease from SoO to WoD.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I've never understood why the simple addition of a race or class is what makes it an expansion. They're literally giving us a new continent (on another planet) plus whatever else they're adding, like Garrisons, yet the lack of race/class stops it being called an expansion? Chalk one up for logic...

Expansions are basically glorified content patches anyway >_>
    It's not races and classes specifically but just somethjng new in general. All WoD offers that's brand new is Garrisons and the storyline which totally fucking sucks IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say they just charge $5 for small patches, $10 for decent sized patches, and $20 for anything that would add a new raid tier. That's essentially what this jackhole is saying. Jackface. Jackmints. Wheeljack. Jerknose. fuck it, I can't be bothered to scroll up to find his name.

Every expansion has pretty much been a glorified content patch.

isnt every expansion a glorified whatever you called it.

10+ Year Old Account
    New world, modelled from the ground up. New race models, new raids, increased level cap, garrisons, new mythic system and changed flex system, new 5 mans (and scenarios?), a ton of new quests and quest lines along with new lore. Then there's all the huge gameplay changes such as the item squish as well as the ability squish and the addition of tertiary stats and the removal of hit and expertise.

My lord, this is one hell of a patch.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

Deleted
    Why would you want new starting zones?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It's not races and classes specifically but just somethjng new in general. All WoD offers that's brand new is Garrisons and the storyline which totally fucking sucks IMO.
    Yet, do you really think they have revealed every little bit of the expansion yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    1) No new races

2) No new classes

3) No new starting zones

4) Somewhat of a rehash of outland (they even admitted themselves that they used outland as their starting template)

5) $10 more for the expansion to sell $90s

These to me break it down into a glorified content patch. What new features are there really? New animations / character models? Yeah thats not really content imo.
    I really don't care about the bolded bits, they've been done to death and there are enough of those.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Being remade from scratch doesn't matter to me as a consumer. If I bought a burger and someone was like made from scratch, but it tasted like shit, i don't want it. If you want to make it from scratch that's up to you but I'm only paying for the end result. In this case it's just slightly higher polygon models of what we already have. Nothing new. I'll keep my $50 and put it towards my ESO sub
    which is your prerogative, glad that is resolved then.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

I can't believe they're getting away with charging 10 extra for WoD and then saying the character boost is free. That's hilarious. No WoW player should stand for those shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Anguished View Post
    New world, modelled from the ground up. New race models, new raids, increased level cap, garrisons, new mythic system and changed flex system, new 5 mans (and scenarios?), a ton of new quests and quest lines along with new lore. Then there's all the huge gameplay changes such as the item squish as well as the ability squish and the addition of tertiary stats and the removal of hit and expertise.

Well that's why the term "glorified" was used. Patches add new raids, zones, features, quests, and lore.

And as a couple have said, you don't even need to buy the expansion to get the updated models. You can't possibly accuse them of being content.

really, isn't EVERY expansion a glorified patch with additional costs?

let's see:

TBC: 10 lvls, new ''continent'' (we'll see it as a giant TI) 2 new races
    Wrath: 10 lvls, new ''continent'' (we'll see it as a giant TI), 1 new class
    Cata: 5 lvls, almost completely newly designed old ''continent'' with new zones, 2 new races
    MoP: 5 lvls, new ''continent'' (we'll see it as a giant isle of thunder. SOOO MANY DAILIES) 1 new race, 1 new class
    WoD: 10 lvls, new ''continent'' (you see it as a giant TI), 10 newly designed old races.

you see, MOSTLY: 1 class = 2 races, so they could have done 5 new classes for wod, could they?
    10 redesigns cost a lot of time, so the class has to be left out. also a new class has happen every 2 expansions so far. the exp after wod will most likely have one.
    every exp. has a bunch of new zones, no matter what kind of lore it inherits
    there's always been new lvls.

NOTE: this is basics of each exp. i didn't count all the features of each exp. for a reason

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguished View Post

MoP had everything you listed plus a new race, a new class, a new dungeon mode and reintroduced world bosses. And it costs less than WoD.