Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Please Do Not Remove Challenge Mode Realm Best Titles

Realm Best Titles: There are extremely limited titles that are held by the players who hold the best clear time for a given dungeon on a given server. Since those Challenge dungeons will no longer be available in Warlords of Draenor, their respective titles are also being permanently removed. There will be new Challenge dungeons in the upcoming Warlords season, and new titles for which to contend, however.
    Please rethink this. Many people have put countless hours into challenge modes trying to achieve a realm best time ( And anyone who has obtained one on a healthy realm will tell you that are not happy about it), and if you remove them you basically kill off any challenge mode competition for the rest of the expansion, and destroy its replay gameplay. Ever since cata when I stoped enjoying PvP I have been looking for a way to fill the time when not raiding, and challenge modes has done that. Going into the dungeon with 4 friends with healthy realm competition for the best times is great and it provides content to play. I've met some amazing friends through challenge modes who I never would of met, and we've even met people to recruit for our guild through it. If you remove the titles, why continue to run them after you get gold? No one wants a garbage feat of strength.

We also do not want to encourage groups to seek out less competitive servers just to grab best times and thus permanent titles.
    Why? The titles are realm bound, they can't leave if they obtain them. Even so, the same thing happens in PvP. People who want easy titles/achievements will go to the weaker battlegroups, and go back to their home server after they achieve them. People who want things easy will continue to do so, whereas people who want the challenge will go to harder and stronger venues.

By default, if we kept the titles as-is, the final players who held them on the day the servers went down for patch 6.0 maintenance would have kept them. Unless they ever transferred servers. Or unless their realm got connected with another realm with faster record times. This is because by definition, the titles are tied to a specific realm, and were always meant to be. Keeping the titles around with that level of inconsistency and uncertainty was not an acceptable outcome in our eyes.
    Which is why another solution needs to be met. Outright removing them is lazy by design, when many many people have offered better soultions.

We are going to add a new title, Mistwalker, which will be awarded in patch 6.0 to any character who earned one of the “Challenge Master” Feats of Strength during the Mists of Pandaria Challenge Mode season (this title will not be account-wide).
    No one (unless maybe you are a monk) wants to trade their titles for Mistwalker. Darkmaster, Scarlett Commander, Jade protectors are some of the best titles around. The feats of strength are garbage, however this is a possible path on how to handle the titles.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS HOW TO HANDLE THE END OF MOP

1: Have everyone who is currently holding the realm best time of a specific dungeon on a given server keep their time. This is not ideal, due to inconsistencies already mentioned on future realm merges, or servers where the top holders have long transferred off, and no one has the title, or really dead servers where the time bar is very time.

2: Have everyone with the feat of strength for a given dungeon be awarded ( if not already awarded ) with the titles for respective dungeons. While this is very feasible in my opinion, the only problem I see it is it still kinda kills off the remaining mist of pandaria competition to those who already have all 9 feats.

3: Create a cut off time ( Essentially a "platinum" time.) For example, Gate of the setting sun gold is 12:00. Make it so that anyone under lets say 8:00 will be rewarded with the respective dungeon title. The only problem I see with this one is it does not foster realm competition for the rest of mist, but it does offer some reply value who those who have not obtained a time under that yet.

4:A bit of combination 1 and 3. Let the system remain as it, however at the end of the expansion, only players with the cut off time AND the realm's best time be achieved with the titles. While it narrows down the people who get it, It offers some replay gameplay for those on dead servers to strive amongst themselves for a better time, if they wish to keep the titles after mop is over. And for those on healthy servers, it still offers challenge mode competition until the end of the expansion. ( This is the one I perfer

POSSIBLY SOLUTIONS TO HANDLE WOD

*Applying to all these, disable challenge mode realm best/region best rewards until after a certain time has passed*

1: The same after number 4 mentioned above. Because competition is good, and being rewarded for the gameplay you do is also good ( Arena titles/mounts are a great example)

2: Similar to number 3, give the titles to all who platinum, and add a new reward for those who have the realm best possibly.

Already my challenge mode group is no longer motivated to keep going into challenge modes now that you have announced the titles are being removed for MoP. Please reconsider this change.

Need to talk to Blizzard? Well these forums are the perfect place.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12373317472
    Please post that here instead! We could use all the support we can get.

They've already compromised by creating a title specifically for players that have the realm fastest feats (in 6.0). Don't expect any more than that.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Its difficult enough to get into a conversation with Blizzard or make your opinion heard on the official forums - it won't be happening here on a fan site.

By all means post on the official forums and share your thoughts, but I'm pretty sure Belloc is right and the adjustment they made with the "Mistwalker" title going to all who will have the FoS for holding the highest spot is as good as its going to get regarding CM titles. If they were going to change their mind and allow them to carry on in some way, they'd have made that change now rather than add the Mistwalker title.

Deleted
    They failed to give every class a fair shot at the realm bests, so I think it's good the titles go away since not all classes can actually get them.

I don't really get this.

Hey, If they make this title permanent, I demand "Slayer of Stupid, Incompetent and Disappointing Minions" Becomes permanent. Because Reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba View Post
    Need to talk to Blizzard? Well these forums are the perfect place.
    Despite your sarcasm, you do know Blizzard frequents this site and blues have accounts here (and post on topics here)...right?
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Its difficult enough to get into a conversation with Blizzard or make your opinion heard on the official forums - it won't be happening here on a fan site.
    Sadly cannot reply on offical forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lince View Post
    They failed to give every class a fair shot at the realm bests, so I think it's good the titles go away since not all classes can actually get them.
    100% BS. Every single class is viable for realm best, even region. A balance druid holds some of the highest EU region times.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I don't really get this.

Hey, If they make this title permanent, I demand "Slayer of Stupid, Incompetent and Disappointing Minions" Becomes permanent. Because Reasons.
    Good reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    Sadly cannot reply on offical forums.

100% BS. Every single class is viable for realm best, even region. A balance druid holds some of the highest EU region times.

Good reason.

Except no, look yourself at the best times and you'll clearly see a pattern. The only way to get a realm best as a certain class or spec is because the realm doesn't have any skilled people doing CM's of other classes.
    Last edited by mmoc04935466da; 2014-04-03 at 11:05 PM.

So when is Blizzard going to remove R1 Glad titles? Literally the exact same concept, just getting different treatment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Despite your sarcasm, you do know Blizzard frequents this site and blues have accounts here (and post on topics here)...right?
    While I'm sure that Blizzard does in some way monitor this site to a degree - to my knowledge blues do not have official accounts here and have never openly posted here as representatives of Blizzard. If they have announcements to make or information to share, they post it on their website or respond to posts on their forums.

If someone wants to try and make their opinion heard by Blizzard, using the official forums is the only realistic way to have that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I don't really get this.

Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by timbaLt View Post
    So when is Blizzard going to remove R1 Glad titles? Literally the exact same concept, just getting different treatment.
    Class X might not be flavor of the month right now, but a skilled player can still get gladiator titles as that class. In Challenge Modes, a bad class will NEVER be eligible for a realm-best time.

The concept is entirely different. Every arena match is random. You never know what the other team is going to do, so you have to constantly act and react. Challenge Modes, by contrast, are always exactly the same and the primary skill requirement is in planning. You know the map, you know where all the mobs are going to be and what they're going to do. You know how to handle every single situation and you have an approach formulated before you even zone in.

Arenas: Random
    CMs: Consistent

Completely different concepts. So... you were saying...?

- - - Updated - - -

While I'm sure that Blizzard does in some way monitor this site to a degree - to my knowledge blues do not have official accounts here and have never openly posted here as representatives of Blizzard. If they have announcements to make or information to share, they post it on their website or respond to posts on their forums.
    I've seen customer support posting semi-regularly on MMO-Champion, but that's generally just to help people out that have problems. You are correct that the official forums are far better if you want results.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    The titles have always been temporary.

How this is not clear enough? Nobody actually owns the title, it can be taken from you at any moment. It was just for bragging rights.

10+ Year Old Account

If someone wants to try and make their opinion heard by Blizzard, using the official forums is the only realistic way to have that chance.

Yes please.
    Actually the old warlock dev posted quite regularly here before he was let go. Blizzard does monitor these forums, and many others quite regularly and they do take into account the feedback left on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The titles have always been temporary.

How this is not clear enough? Nobody actually owns the title, it can be taken from you at any moment. It was just for bragging rights.
    Scarab lord says hi
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Scarab lord says hi
    You....what?...How did Scarab Lord even come into this conversation? He meant the realm best titles, which can be taken away from you if someone on your realm got a faster time.

Bashoik's post from 2/13/14

Our intent is for people to hopefully be able keep the titles forever if they hold it at the end of the season (e.g. when the pre-expansion patch releases), which yes, would create some fun competition before then. We need to verify some mechanics first to ensure that's even possible.

We have some time though until the Warlords pre-patch of course, and we will work to make sure everyone is well aware of the specifics for keeping titles and the cutoff time and has ample warning.

I don't get it I thought everyone was supposed to be against exclusive titles/mounts/pets/ect.

/shrug

How do you preserve a snowflake?

http://snowflakebentley.com/museum2.htm

Option B: Let him keep his title.

(I vote for Option A.)