Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Possible BRD rehash?

In the recent Ask Creative Development round, the following was asked:
    What is the current allegiance of Shadowforge City?
    And the reply was this:
    The home of the Dark Iron dwarves is currently in flux. Their leader, Moira Thaurissan, is preoccupied with maintaining the alliance with her former enemies. She hasn't had the chance to ensure the security of her son's future kingdom, as her "allies" on the Council of Three Hammers relentlessly seek out any signs of treachery.

It's highly likely that Shadowforge City will rise again and reclaim its former glory . . . when Moira has a single moment to spare.
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...nd-iv-answers/

To me, this sounds like them hinting at a rehash of BRD. What do you think?
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2014-04-03 at 09:38 PM.

I hope they keep the original the way it is now and make a fresh wing. I'll miss old BRD

Eventually, I'm sure they will, but I think Blackrock Spire is the one slated for a rework in Warlords.

If they rehash BRD, they'll have to split it up into 3 or 4 dungeons or it'll be WAY too long for the current wow crowd.

Considering they are doing Spire, I think they ought to bring up Molten Core and Depths up to date all at once.

They're redoing UBRS. That's what this is referring to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    If they rehash BRD, they'll have to split it up into 3 or 4 dungeons or it'll be WAY too long for the current wow crowd.
    It was way too long even back in 2006 for me. I hated it and still hate it.
    LBRS & UBRS were really great on the other hand.
    Last edited by Zka; 2014-04-03 at 09:48 PM.

I don't think we'll see a revamped Blackrock Depths anytime soon, at least not in the context of a dungeon (might pop in during a quest event or something).

What I could however see is Moira securing her position as Queen of all Dark Irons by reclaiming the upper reaches of Blackrock Mountain, which they haven't held since the First War. The Blackrock Spire dungeon could be done in this context, at least on the Alliance side of things.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I thought everyone knew this all ready pretty sure they mentioned it at blizzcon last year that BRD would be the dungeons getting the Scholo/SM treatment in WOD, at least i remember hearing this at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by jac9996 View Post
    I thought everyone knew this all ready pretty sure they mentioned it at blizzcon last year that BRD would be the dungeons getting the Scholo/SM treatment in WOD, at least i remember hearing this at some point.
    As already said in this thread... UBRS. Not BRD.

10+ Year Old Account
    my only comment on this is to look at what was done to scholomance, and expect the same treatment for BRD/BRS/whatever. no instance with a possible route choice is going to survive intact. they will make a 5-room funhouse linear instance with a comical dwarf for brd or some peon-type funny orc for BRS.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would just leave old dungeons alone and just focus on making fun, new dungeons. And also stop making hallways.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what dungeons but BRD is an extremely well made dungeon and that's how it should be. They should remake shitty dungeons like Dire Maul or Wailing Caverns.

Obviously the TBC dungeons won't get touched but still.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    It depends on what dungeons but BRD is an extremely well made dungeon and that's how it should be. They should remake shitty dungeons like Dire Maul or Wailing Caverns.

Obviously the TBC dungeons won't get touched but still.
    They already remade WC and cut out about 40% of it and you want it changed again? Seriously? DM E is fine. DM W is a bit boring. It would be nice to do DM N properly without relying on professions and the gordok suit since no one does it anymore. But it's fine. I don't understand your complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    In the recent Ask Creative Development round, the following was asked:

And the reply was this:

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...nd-iv-answers/

To me, this sounds like them hinting at a rehash of BRD. What do you think?
    Sounds to me like you didn't bold the important part:

when Moira has a single moment to spare.

10+ Year Old Account
    That dungeon is bigger than the raids they make these days. I hope they leave it alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    They already remade WC and cut out about 40% of it and you want it changed again? Seriously? DM E is fine. DM W is a bit boring. It would be nice to do DM N properly without relying on professions and the gordok suit since no one does it anymore. But it's fine. I don't understand your complaints.
    Yes. Wailing Caverns is horrible. I rather be it a short 10-20 minute dungeon. Dire Maul is confusing for some players, and I mean all. Exactly, the Gordok suit is useless since no one does it. F Nostalgia on this one, DM is a terrible ass dungeon in general.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Or it'll just get cut down. Look at SM, that went from 4 dungeons to 2. And when Sunken Temple got revamped that had half of it lopped off.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Sounds to me like you didn't bold the important part:

when Moira has a single moment to spare.
    She just doesn't have enough. Can't spare it. Not a square to spare.

It will most likely involve cleansing dark iron traitors and getting the orcs and black dragons out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Not really. Considering that Heroic 5-mans and LFR are supposed to be similar and mostly alternate gearing paths in WoD they could easily make it a Heroic dungeon and not need to make it that much more linear than the current queue and start points have you at.
    I disagree, but we may find out for sure. I just don't think blizzard is going to release something with more than one door to go through at a time ever again. That is what they think of their current playerbase. I don't know any other way to interpret the use of 5 rooms from scholo with a hall between each one in place of the original instance. You might recognize rooms/art from UBRS when they are through, but it won't be the same in any other way.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.