Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Tier sets are out.

demos is the most fun for me, 2p is exciting.
    Ok, so, what does the Demo 4p even DO? Based on the information available on wowhead, my guess is that it summons a pet/guardian, but I don't know for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Ok, so, what does the Demo 4p even DO? Based on the information available on wowhead, my guess is that it summons a pet/guardian, but I don't know for sure...
    It summons a guardian that casts soul fire a bunch of times

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    How do you oom as destro?
    If you do not used Charred Remains you will go OOM on fights with long execute phases unless you cast Chaos Bolts. Context helps explain your argument more than just blindly saying all Destro will go OOM. Mostly for the people that can't be bothered to search for the answers that are already posted, but still useful to reiterate the entire context.

nothing to see here

upd. new aoe chaosbolt animation is an atrocity
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2014-09-18 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    nothing to see here

upd. new aoe chaosbolt animation is an atrocity
    It is!

I made a quick and dirty video of it. It looks like you're flinging snot at your opponents.
    I fired a normal Chaos Bolt first, and thankfully that's still normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raenah View Post
    It is!

<video>

I made a quick and dirty video of it. It looks like you're flinging snot at your opponents.
    I fired a normal Chaos Bolt first, and thankfully that's still normal.
    Wow, that's underwhelming.

Deleted
    That HAS to be a bug. It has to be.

Actually what makes more sense is some retard developer thinking, "well shucks, AoE Chaos Bolt is going to annoy other players, so let's just make it look like poo. They'll never notice..."

If this isn't a bug then it's a fucking embarrassment.

Glyph of Shadowbolt v2.0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Glyph of Shadowbolt v2.0
    Are you referring to how it currently makes your character do a retarded head maneuver on Beta? I've only tested the Orc Male but it looks like he gets upper cut every time he casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    That HAS to be a bug. It has to be.

Actually what makes more sense is some retard developer thinking, "well shucks, AoE Chaos Bolt is going to annoy other players, so let's just make it look like poo. They'll never notice..."

If this isn't a bug then it's a fucking embarrassment.
    Something like that should actually be handled by the new spell effects system. Pristine and full look for the caster, toned down for everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you referring to how it currently makes your character do a retarded head maneuver on Beta? I've only tested the Orc Male but it looks like he gets upper cut every time he casts.
    Looks like a common issue: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14503910308

I mean how in MoP we were getting splitting shadowbolt that looked like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhJQbdZrPsg
    Most demo lock were pissing in their pants. Then without mention very close to launch visual changed to crap we have today.

I don't understand why they can't keep cool visuals visible to your character and crappy for other players. I'm fairly sure there was option in menu that increased/decreased spell effects based on whether it was made by you or other players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    I mean how in MoP we were getting splitting shadowbolt that looked like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhJQbdZrPsg
    Most demo lock were pissing in their pants. Then without mention very close to launch visual changed to crap we have today.

I don't understand why they can't keep cool visuals visible to your character and crappy for other players. I'm fairly sure there was option in menu that increased/decreased spell effects based on whether it was made by you or other players.
    I think the original one shown in the video is a bit over the top, and the current one slightly underwhelming. Would like to see something in between.

I was under the impression that they said there would be a new technology in WoD allowing spell effects to be seen differently whether your char cast the spell or another player. Can't find the reference but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere at the beginning of beta/alpha. And after seeing some of the new mage spell animations I thought they had implemented them only because of this new technology (both Comet Storm and Arcane Orb look huge in the video showing them on Mmo-champ). Hell, I was even hoping they could bring back the old glyphed shadowbolt back thanks to this...this new aoe Chaos Bolt doesn't make any sense :\

Deleted
    It's been in two builds now. It's basically the necrotic plague talented howling blast animation in green

The new FnB CB is beyond bad. WTF are they doing over there? Are they not getting tired of hate mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Raenah View Post
    It looks like you're flinging snot at your opponents..
    Well considering how weak AoE Chaos Bolt is, I think it looks very appropriate *hides*

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    The new FnB CB is beyond bad. WTF are they doing over there? Are they not getting tired of hate mail?
    Loving winding people up by the looks of it. Its going to backfire on them in a spectacular fashion

I'm surprised people are just noticing and angry about FnB CB.

It was pretty jarring every time you cast an aoe chaosbert when it had the normal animation especially when there was a ton of targets. I wasn't surprised at all when they changed it which was some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DesireKT View Post
    If you do not used Charred Remains you will go OOM on fights with long execute phases unless you cast Chaos Bolts.
    Ah that makes more sense.

But is not at all surprising since it seems kinda obvious that they keep building everything like you have charred remains baseline.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2014-09-18 at 03:49 PM.

Dear god our spells look like crap now.

I keep hoping the Incinerate graphic is some bug with the "reduce other player's spell effects" feature, but it's had the awful graphic for weeks now.

- - - Updated - - -

The "new" incinerate also has no impact graphic. Looks like a puff of red smoke wafting against it's target.