they need to split blood boil for blood and unholy

make crimson scourge increase bloodboil damage for blood just like in beta

this should kill festersimple/bloody ice once and for all
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Well it's a good thing they killed it a while ago anyways and we aren't using it.

Though splitting it for the specs would help as one will always either be OP or undertuned.

Yeah, I can get it to sim within 15% of frost which means it would be perfectly fine if you wanted to dungeon hero or do old raids or something. Might even be better for leveling...

I was not thinking it would be used in any sort of "real" raiding guild, but it is at least at this point an option for some niche application or just gearing up in dungeons for funsies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Yeah, I can get it to sim within 15% of frost which means it would be perfectly fine if you wanted to dungeon hero or do old raids or something. Might even be better for leveling...

I was not thinking it would be used in any sort of "real" raiding guild, but it is at least at this point an option for some niche application or just gearing up in dungeons for funsies.
    Once stuff is on farm I'd say it's a decent option.

DPS-focused tanking is OK on farm content if you're the designated tank, sure.

You can't join as a DPS and DPS as blood for the extra survivability, you'll pull aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    DPS-focused tanking is OK on farm content if you're the designated tank, sure.

You can't join as a DPS and DPS as blood for the extra survivability, you'll pull aggro.
    If you go in UP you won't get aggro. It was actually pretty smooth with RC and UP in my test.

Blood presence is worth 15% flat damage. Seems like a lot to give up, when you're trying to DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Blood presence is worth 15% flat damage. Seems like a lot to give up, when you're trying to DPS.
    Ah, well I have learned if you're playing with good tanks you won't pull threat after they get the initial bit in. So long as you don't taunt you should be fine to dps in blood presence. The benefit of that is if a tank goes down you're already basically ready to go...while it does seem stupid to do it, on farm content I don't think it would be a problem.

The problem with that is there's no more vengeance. So if you do more DPS than the tank and you're in a tanking stance, you will take threat eventually.

-Breath of Sindragosa now deals reduced damage to secondary targets

Well I kinda saw that coming because in terms of raw power of damage output it was huge when even just a single extra mob was there. On a fight like Tectus BoS would be godly without this. Sucks that it did come around though

My guess is that it's a 50% nerf to secondary. Not confirmed. Just guessing.

Meanwhile, we twiddle our thumbs waiting for NP..........

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post

If it's a 50% reduction on secondary targets that's still huge. I think unless they dipped it to 75~% it will still just be great for situations like Tectus's fight. As is it hits for around 1.5x a DC or FS, and at only 15 runic as well. so half that and you're still hitting all secondary targets with 75% damage of your single target runic dump? I'm okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post

Yeah, NP has been mentioned for weeks on the forums, and pretty much anywhere possible I've seen, yet they'll go and bork everything else first?

LoL @ BoS

Gawd.....I hate this new spell. It's a disservice to our resource system.
    And now BoS devolves even further, mimicking a dysfunctional Howling Blast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clash View Post
    LoL @ BoS

Gawd.....I hate this new spell. It's a disservice to our resource system.
    And now BoS devolves even further, mimicking a dysfunctional Howling Blast.
    Right?

I know there are balance issues and all but if everything gets homogenized and as limited it gets dull. So... Why isn't Bladestorm doing only half dmg to other nearby targets and full dmg to main target? Same for other stuff.

DKs get further nerfed while our l100 talent is still sucky (NP) and it has been repeatedly nerfed.

Most other powerful aoe abilities like Bladestorm have a finite duration, BoS however does not. It could last 6 seconds or 40. Honestly of you didn't see this coming your just looking for things to complain about, it's still a huge gain over using just your normal runic spender, yet now that it does a bit less aoe it's suddenly horrible.

We haven't even been waiting for the NP buff that long, nor have we seen it get nerfed a ton of times.

I don't enjoy BoS either personally, and it certainly won't be my default L100 talent, but it's an interesting gameplay option that may be situationally very powerful in certain fights. I can appreciate that it's a good talent without particularly wanting to use it.

Agree that it's amazing to watch each patch come by with no necrotic plague fixes.

BoS doing more damage against a primary target allows it be better tuned towards ST, same for HB. BoS is the only additional ability from the row, which makes it rather special, even more so as you have a damage CD replacing for the time used a major part of ST damage, even more so as it is a 2min cd it needs to outperform the normal ST option by a good amount to be reasonable. If you hit a huge number of targets with such a cd, it is pretty devastating, especially as BoS can theoretically maintained indefinitely.

While blade storm is currently more than ridiculous, BoS should beat it by long if it were available now, would tick for ~6k raidbuffed for me and if you add proccs and the fac that it lasts possibly over 30 seconds, which I could do on beta, or even more that wouldn't even be a contest.
    Fact is though that we normally don't have adds that live for 30 seconds or even longer.

Blade storm might alos look different on 100.

Personally really like BoS, it is a nice tool which changes your priorities from time to time, rewards proper resource management and will benefit massively from extreme stat / temporary damage boosts which come up from time to time. The fact that it is a huge ST and AoE cd makes it really attractive as long as it is properly tuned.

The only talent I really don't like much from the row is defile. It adds nothing new for the most part and is nothing to manage. Its 30 sec cd makes it attractive for very frequent AoE add spawns but thats about it.
    NP can be very interesting, especially as it provides unholy a different play style but still needs tuning, if it isn't noticeable strong it isn't worth taking, regardless of how practical it can be.

BoS appears to work like a Windwalker's Fists of Fury now, wherein each off-target takes 1/N (where N = # of targets) damage, limiting its AoE capabilities massively (and that cannot be emphasized enough...).

Meanwhile Defile pulls ahead in all situations. I'm starting to question what exactly BoS's intended function is now since it no longer offers burst AoE and need for single-target Spine of Deathwing-esque burst is unlikely to be at a premium.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

If it splits like meteor it's not actually an AE ability at all. You can essentially think of it as a 2-target cleave, with the damage to the second "target" split between all enemies in range. That doesn't make it useless by design. It does fundamentally change how it's used, though.

Not sure how it's going to compete with Defile. If Defile's single-target is nerfed so BoS is substantially superior, Defile will only be taken for AE. That would kill Defile for most situations. If their single-target damage remains similar, BoS will only be used for burst single (OK, or double) target, which doesn't come up much in PvE. And I don't see BoS as likely to be super-attractive in PvP, because nobody's going to stand there and take it.

That's why I think this was a poor decision. They should have kept all 3 talents as "AE that's also worth using on single targets", because that can be easily balanced.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2014-10-23 at 01:23 PM.