@Ravenaster: Check the previous page. Long story short, nothing changed for PvE. You should still never use NPlague.

You can use Necrotic Plague as undergeared Blood.

The real question is how much RP can you get from it in different encounters. (btw is there any kind of inner cd for rp gain from NP? i've never tried to test it during beta)
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2014-11-13 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    You can use Necrotic Plague as undergeared Blood.
    I did say "long story short".

@Dnusha: The RP gain has no ICD. If you're tanking a bunch of mobs in an AE scenario, you get a ton of RP. Since Blood RP-caps so early anyway, there's a fair bit of theorycrafting going around whether you should attempt to maintain uptime on Conversion, and how much. But the Blood simcraft profile isn't ready for use yet, and the tank boss actors are only present up through T17M so it's difficult to extrapolate tank scaling throughout the expansion.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2014-11-13 at 07:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenaster View Post
    Necrotic Plague just received a 20% buff. Interested to see the implications of this.
    Got sauce?

Well it does make sense for Defile to remain as a DPS gain over NP, considering NP has the absolute advantage of not being negated by movement.. Seriously, who would ever pick Defile for anything if NP dealt the same amount of dmg? For solo content i guess? I believe thats the only place where 10% dmg reduction every 30 seg > RP increase all the time, but i might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Got sauce?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/165...-19-11-19-2014

Read november 12th, also the last 5 pages of this thread and the siming thread...

Quote Originally Posted by OzUnOo View Post
    Seriously, who would ever pick Defile for anything if NP dealt the same amount of dmg? For solo content i guess? I believe thats the only place where 10% dmg reduction every 30 seg > RP increase all the time, but i might be wrong.
    Even if the two dealt the same single-target damage, Defile would still offer superior burst and (if Unholy Blight is on cooldown or you picked PL) AE. On the tanking side, once you start getting raid gear (even LFR gear, really) runic power is never a problem for Blood, so NP's tank bonus is less about filling GCDs and more about increasing Conversion uptime.

If I could get close to 100% uptime on conversion as blood I think I would rather have perma BoS and shred some things and take that deathpact as an "oh shit!" button.

Also if you don't tank a big number of mobs NP resource generation is rather insignificant, experimented with it und geons and also CMs and it was incredibly underwhelming, even more than the actual damage output.

High resolve conversion can be really powerful but I can't see it being direly needed and it is a huge dps loss and tank output can be still significant.
    Some day we might get more RP than we can spend permanently and at that point it might be cool option if you are in a high pressure situation but otherwise it looks way too overkill/wasted dmg for me.

It remains to be seen if taking Conversion and actively managing its uptime is worth doing for Blood. Theorycrafting is still out on that one-- really it depends on experience in raid progression, because nobody has enough Multistrike to cap Runic Power yet.

Conversion scales with Resolve?

(I thought percentage-based heals didn't. . . )

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Conversion scales with Resolve?

(I thought percentage-based heals didn't. . . )
    It does not.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Am I the only one generating 1 rp/sec, AS UNHOLY?

An interesting way to make BoS more attractive would be to make it cost 2 Frost Runes on use (plus 15 RP per second after) and give it 2 seconds of use baseline, essencially meaning that 1 Frost Rune = 1 sec BoS = 15 RP.

This would make BoS much easier to use since the most simple setup (Outbreak +2 Festering/Obliterate/Death Strike) would give you 4 seconds (maybe even 5 if the frost runes generate RP, but i think thats too much) of BoS uptime as default, and also allowing you to blow it 2 GCDs earlier (instead of using both Frost Runes then BoS, all which need to be done separately). This would also answer unholy and blood dilemma of orphan frost runes for AoE rotation.

Sorry if I'm late to the party, I just picked up DK tanking and I was hearing a lot about peopl keeping conversion up 100% of the time, has this been nerfed? it costs 30 RP/sec so i have no clue how ppl are doing it

Keeping up conversion is impossible as of now and is likely to be impossible for the rest of the expansion.

Right, which is good. But later on in the expansion when Blood way overcaps runic pwoer, it looks like the way to play Blood will be to bleed off your excess RP on Conversion, maximizing its uptime while not sacrificing any Death Coils.

Deleted
    its still useless, it heals for ... nothing

Deleted
    The only reason I'd ever run Conversion is if some boss required you to tank 10-ish adds all the time. Then one could run Necrotic Plague and Conversion for the constant self-heal and Blood Tap charges. But I doubt there will ever be such a fight, and if the fight includes just a little downtime on not tanking a ton of adds, then the talents are just so bad it wouldn't be worth it.

You wouldn't need the RP from NP, that's the whole point. BoS only heals from spell damage taken; most tank damage is physical.

It's not clear that this will actually be the way to go. But dismissing it out of hand is premature.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2014-12-21 at 03:16 PM.