Page 1 of 174
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rogue 6.0 patch notes

-Beta Stage-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 100 talents:

Venom Zest -Increases your maximum energy by 15. Increases your energy regeneration rate by 5% for every enemy you have poisoned, up to 3.

Shadow Reflection -Summon a shadow of yourself on the target that will watch you and memorize your offensive ability usage for the next 8 sec. After this time, it will mimic the memorized abilities on its target over the next 8 sec. 20 yd range, Instant, 2 min cooldown

Death from Above -Finishing move that consumes combo points on the target to empower your weapons with shadow energy and perform a devastating two-part attack. You whirl around, dealing up to XXXX damage to all enemies within 8 yds, then leap into the air and slice into your target on the way back down, dealing up to an additional 500% weapon damage (up to 724% if a dagger is equipped). Damage based on combo points consumed. 50 Energy, 15 yd range, Instant, 20 sec cooldown, Requires One-Handed Melee Weapon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ability Pruning

See the Ability Pruning section above for discussion of why we’re pruning class abilities. For Rogues, a couple of abilities were changed to be specialization specific where they were redundant, did some thinning on cooldown.

-Disarm Trap has been removed.
    -Fan of Knives is no longer available to Combat Rogues.
    -Rupture is no longer available to Combat Rogues.
    -Shadow Blades has been removed.
    -Shadow Walk has been removed.

Ability Consolidation and Refinement

Rogues received several mergers of passive abilities. There's also additional cooldown thinning with the change to Tricks of the Trade.

-Assassin’s Resolve now increases damage by 15% (down from 20%).
    -Blindside’s effects have been merged into baseline Mutilate.
    -Cut to the Chase’s effects have been merged into baseline Envenom.
    -Deadly Throw no longer has a minimum range.
    -Energetic Recovery’s effects have been merged into baseline Slice and Dice for Subtlety Rogues.
    -Find Weakness’ effects have been merged into baseline Ambush, Garrote, and Cheap Shot for Subtlety Rogues.
    -Killing Spree no longer increases all damage done for the duration. Its damage has been increased to compensate.
    -Master of Subtlety’s effects have been merged into baseline Stealth for Subtlety Rogues.
    -Relentless Strikes’ effects have been merged into Ruthlessness for Combat Rogues. It remains a separate passive for Assassination and Subtlety Rogues.
    -Garrote now ticks every 2 seconds (up from every 3 seconds). Damage has been adjusted to compensate.
    -Restless Blades’ effects have been merged into Ruthlessness.
    -Safe Fall’s effects have been merged into baseline Fleet Footed.
    -Tricks of the Trade now has no energy cost and no longer increases damage caused by the target by 15%.
    -Venomous Wounds’s effects have been merged into baseline Rupture for Assassination Rogues. It no longer triggers from Garrote.

Combo Points

The biggest change for Rogues is a fundamental change to how Combo Points work. They're now shared across all enemies; you can swap targets and you won't lose your Combo Points.

-Combo Points for Rogues are now shared across all targets and they are no longer lost when switching targets.
    -Redirect has been removed.

Combat Changes

Bandit's Guile is an interesting mechanic that is important to Combat gameplay, but wasn't working out quite as well as we think that it could. In particular, there's basically no way to adjust when you're going to be in Deep Insight, other than stopping your rotation (and thus wasting energy, combo points, temporary effects, cooldown time, etc.). So, we're making an adjustment to Revealing Strike and Bandit's Guile. The intention here is that you can use Revealing Strike in place of Sinister Strike when you want to delay Deep Insight (such as to line it up with a specific upcoming fight mechanic), and have little lost damage besides the overall Deep Insight uptime. We don't expect this nuanced rotation adjustment to be used by all Combat Rogues, but having a little more control over the pace of your rotation will be useful to some.

Also worth noting here is the removal of Ambidexterity. This was done to reduce the amount of damage coming from auto attacks for Combat Rogues. We’ve increased the damage of their active abilities to compensate and make them more rewarding.

Finally, we changed Main Gauche to accentuate the importance of the off-hand weapon for Combat.

-Revealing Strike now deals 20% more damage, but no longer advances Bandit's Guile.
    -Ambidexterity has been removed.
    -Main Gauche now deals off-hand weapon damage. Its damage has been increased to compensate.

Area-of-Effect Attacks (Assassination, Combat)

Among some other changes to improve Rogue AoE damage, we made a couple of baseline changes, and added a few Draenor Perks that impacts their AoE.

-Blade Flurry can now trigger poisons.
    -Seal Fate now also grants a combo point for area attacks that critically strike the Rogue's primary target.

Subtlety Changes

Honor Among Thieves is an extremely powerful ability, but has the downside that it adds significant disparity between character power while soloing and while in a group. We made this change to bring up the soloing Subtlety Rogue, without having a significant impact on their performance while in a group. The passive ability Sinister Calling also received significant change to better balance scaling rates, the value of secondary stats, improve Multistrike for them, and add rotational depth.

-Backstab can now be used on either side of the target, in addition to behind the target. (See also: Facing Requirements)
    -Hemorrhage’s periodic damage is now based on attack power (instead of the initial strike's damage),
    -Honor Among Thieves can now also be triggered by critical hits from the Rogue's melee Auto Attacks.
    -Sinister Calling now increases Agility by 15% (down from 30%), and the amount of Multistrike bonus received from all sources by 5% (in order to act as Subtlety’s Secondary Stat Attunement). And finally, when the rogue Multistrikes with Backstab or Ambush, they also twist the blade, causing all Bleed effects to advance by 2 seconds, triggering an instant tick

Subterfuge

Subterfuge has proved too powerful, and frustrating to play against in PvP, so we decided to reduce its defensive capabilities, while preserving its offensive power. We changed the Subterfuge period to allow the use of stealth abilities without actually stealthing you, similar to Shadow Dance.

-Subterfuge now allows you to use abilities that require stealth for 3 seconds after leaving Stealth, instead of actually staying stealthed for 3 seconds.stantly tick an additional time.

Last edited by Msi; 2014-08-26 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you get those? Datamined? Cause I surely can't find them in the blog post

Felt meh after only reading the talents part but then I read the perks and feel a bit more optimistic for rogues in WoD now! Combat still looks a bit boring compared to the other two specs though. We'll see...

10+ Year Old Account
    Rupture is no longer available to Combat Rogues.

Whatttt :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Where did you get those? Datamined? Cause I surely can't find them in the blog post
    MMO-C frontpage

Slice and Dice - Slice and Dice is now always passively active. I am very happy about this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Our "Ability pruning" is 3 whole things. 1 of which only affects one spec. The other one hassssss about 5 uses throughout the whole game? Well damn o.O

Deleted
    There is also the pruned abilities and positional changes to sub further up in the patch notes.

Overall I like them I think they're pushing hard to make assassination even more new rogue friendly/intro spec and the revealing strike change adds a little more depth to combat. Sub positional changes and aoe tweaks makes it appealing also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Billybumbler View Post
    There is also the pruned abilities and positional changes to sub further up in the patch notes.

Overall I like them I think they're pushing hard to make assassination even more new rogue friendly/intro spec and the revealing strike change adds a little more depth to combat. Sub positional changes and aoe tweaks makes it appealing also.
    I don't know if I understand the Backstab change correctly though: Can it be used in front of the enemy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, after reading more i saw some more things, just for that section every class had like 20 abilities changed/removed. We had those 3 X)
    The actual changes to the class I find nice for the most part though. Guess we still have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Disarm Trap has been removed.
    I
    I..
    I need a moment...

I'm trying to keep in mind that it's still very early in development for class changes but dang I feel VERY let down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    MMO-C frontpage

Slice and Dice - Slice and Dice is now always passively active. I am very happy about this!
    Keep in mind this is for Assassination, it's basically just removing the one time you use it per fight.

I don't see combo points on the player anywhere.... that makes me rather sad.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    We still have CPs on Rogue!

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...96688609734656

EDIT: Typo.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2014-04-04 at 01:48 AM.

Deleted
    Rogue: Ambush no longer requires the Rogue to be behind the target.
    Rogue (Subtlety): Backstab can now be used on either side of the target, in addition to behind the target.

Revealing Strike now deals 20% more damage, but no longer advances Bandit's Guile.

Can now use weapons other than daggers for Mut (daggers still best)

Just a pick through some of the other notes

The Rogue passives actually make me giddy with excitement. Looks like some nice stuff so far. Only thing I would change is the FoK bonus for Combat. Either make it work with BF or proc Bandit's Guile. Reducing the energy cost by 10 is somewhat lackluster compared to the Assassination and Sub FoK bonuses.

http://wowhead.com/talent-wod#r!

Looking at on wowhead gives a clearer view per spec

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    MMO-C frontpage

Good stuff!

I can't find a clear explanation of the BG change. Anyone got one? Seems great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    I'm trying to keep in mind that it's still very early in development for class changes but dang I feel VERY let down.
    Yeah I feel the same. Had hoped they would give rogues cleave over all 3 specs - as assassination in SOO hc I feel totally useless in majority of fights. I also hoped that would have removed blade flurry in that the turning on/off of cleave is stupid.

And the most requested one - combo points on the rogue. We still have the same old dated combo point mechanic.

Had really hoped this expansion we would get a revamp that would solve these issues...

Deleted
    BG3 deep insight is buffed 20% making it even more potent but more importantly with the change to revealing strike we now have control over it.

So come WoD you will want to aim to enter BG3 as AR and spree are available. You can delay BG3 now by staying in BG2 and replacing Sinister Strike with Revealing Strike until you are ready to go into BG3 with your CDs.

The only way of doing this now really is twiddling your thumbs/pooling energy up, we will lose AOC come WoD so this change will be played out more in the 1st tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    Yeah I feel the same. Had hoped they would give rogues cleave over all 3 specs - as assassination in SOO hc I feel totally useless in majority of fights. I also hoped that would have removed blade flurry in that the turning on/off of cleave is stupid.

And the most requested one - combo points on the rogue. We still have the same old dated combo point mechanic.

Had really hoped this expansion we would get a revamp that would solve these issues...
    The FoK and Crimson Tempest changes/passives I think are going to make Sub and Assassination more competitive when it comes to Cleave.