Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ...
    To be fair they won't have much of a choice they will be using poisoned for dps at least we get to have a utility and a dps poison

I'm rejoining the rogue ranks been on break since wrath lol my sig is outdated
    Khalshen- Hunter Alliance Sargeras
    Kalshen- Mage Alliance Sargeras

No idea why they nerfed Combat, was running it during Twin Ogrons and even with being able to cleave the other two rogues (assassination) were keeping up with me. *grumble*

Simpler multi-rupture and venom rush I guess, tbh I won't miss combat in the first tier, pretty tired of it atm.

This is not really Cheat Death vs Elusiveness, but imo Cheat Death could use a buff.

When it procs it should imo bring us up to 10% hp. Right now a lethal blow will not bring you below 10% if you you are above 10%, however an attack against you while being extreme low, lets say 0.1% will still leave you at that and the next dot tick will immediately kill you, which is one of the reasons this talent is not considered reliable apart from it sometimes not proccing at all.
    10% hp with 85% mitigation for 3s would translate to 66.6% max health, so one would be at effective 66.6% max health after cheat death procs. If you immediately took a healthstone that would increase to 200% max health.

Edit: Healthstone, not Hearthstone
    Last edited by nihna; Today at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nihna View Post
    This is not really Cheat Death vs Elusiveness, but imo Cheat Death could use a buff.

When it procs it should imo bring us up to 10% hp. Right now a lethal blow will not bring you below 10% if you you are above 10%, however an attack against you while being extreme low, lets say 0.1% will still leave you at that and the next dot tick will immediately kill you, which is one of the reasons this talent is not considered reliable apart from it sometimes not proccing at all.
    10% hp with 85% mitigation for 3s would translate to 66.6% max health, so one would be at effective 66.6% max health after cheat death procs. If you immediately took a healthstone that would increase to 200% max health.

Edit: Healthstone, not Heathstone
    By the way, Cheat Death's threshold has been changed from 10% to 7% on Warlords beta. I ignore the reasons behind the "nerf", as the supposedly higher health pools and lower damage in PvP should already act as an indirect nerf to the skill for the reasons you mentioned.

I think the last posts just reflect the state of our talent tree by now.

We're either in the situation of one talent trumping over anything else and thus letting us nearly zero choice, or discussing if a talent is really useful or not.

Imho, this is simply bad desing. Talents should be easy to understand -check- and clear in their usefulness -not check-; we have a lot of things that aren't simply clear enough to understand for the majority of players which aren't much interested in deep theorycrafting discussion (example: MfD vs Anticipation) and the result is simply that nearly all players go for the simpler ability to use (MfD used correctly is basically on par with Anticipation, but errors will penalize MfD more than the latter thus the average player will see lower numbers with the former, simple as that).

We shouldn't be discussing if a talent is actually useful; we should be discussing which situations favor it insted of other options and where it shines. We all expect form a talent to be usable in definite circumstances.

Either we have less choice and create specs based on the situations, or all talents are interchangeable making us free to choose, but making the choice less meaningful. I'm all for the first option, since it's clear the second one isn't a) much worth and b) not really possible due to the nature of game mechanics.