10+ Year Old Account
    I think this Deadly Throw nerf is a result of pestering Celestalon enough about our talent that he was forced to actually reply once to Hitei.

This is his warning shot.

"What's that Rogues? You think your talents are useless? I CAN MAKE THEM MORE USELESS! Go on, I dare you, tweet me more!!"

What a bunch of clueless human beings Blizzard are. I was actually one of those who liked to use deadly throw because I was really used to it. Now when this goes live, definitely gonna drop it. I don't understand their problem with the rogue class. Least amount of changes and most changes are bad and the ones that are good could've been implemented 8 years ago with probably a few mouse clicks.

It was apparent the direction that this expansion was going when the Blizzard Brain Trust decided to scrap Shadow Blades and keep Vendetta (for Assassination).

It became more apparent when they gave warriors an entire other DPS spec that will be fully competitive and didn't even bother to look at things like Anticipation and CnD.

It was blatantly obvious when they said that we would get some new non-lethal poisons to make up for removing half of them and we heard nothing about that for months.

And it was undeniable to even the most dedicated rogue when their Combo Point change kept every single bug that exists on live, and provided no API updates.

The direction is: "You're not worth our time. We'll just fiddle with numbers to make sure the dps is good and check that box off the WoD-TODO list"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The truth of the matter is, you have no proof for this and are just generating facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least someone tries to care:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'll never give up. - This .39% DR and .72% Damage bonus is really terrible as a 4 set...
    .The PvP set bonuses with Versatility are completely not tuned. They'll probably end up in the 10% range. (holinka)

Deleted
    With every other class getting our iconic playstyle and skills, how does that incentivize me to main a rogue for WoD. Homogenization? Give everyone stealth, give everyone shadowstep equilivent mobility, give everyone combo points with improved UI, except for rogues (wich they may consider LOL) etc...

Burst of Speed still in the game, wich spits in the face of our Sprint skill. If Blizz feels Sprint by itself doesn't suffice for a mobility toolset, then make ShS baseline and implement talents that improve it. Disengage on 10 sec cooldown, so whats the effing problem with ShS?

Prey on the Weak, Internal Bleeding and dirty Tricks are inconsequential for raiding, it makes no difference if you literally do not pick anything up. Deadly Throw, Nerve Strike and Combat Readiness are inconsequential and provide no benefit at all for raiding.
    Give stealth a purpose in raids, rather then make us feel like glorified leather wearing warriors. Even combat should have obvious benefits starting with an opener, stealth is too inconsequential once again.

Rogue population continues to plummet into a downards spiral? Stop insulting our intelligence with patch notes that nerf deadly throw wich no one takes in the first place.
    Oh well, my posts started out positive, but continue to be less positive when I still see less then desirable and qeustionable design decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I think this Deadly Throw nerf is a result of pestering Celestalon enough about our talent that he was forced to actually reply once to Hitei.

This is his warning shot.

"What's that Rogues? You think your talents are useless? I CAN MAKE THEM MORE USELESS! Go on, I dare you, tweet me more!!"
    Can't be helped, it was always the risk of tweeting him daily complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I just find it funny that we joked about it and then this seems like quite the odd coincidence

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadly throw is not even supposed to be a talent...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Deadly throw is not even supposed to be a talent...
    Like Combat Readiness?
    Or Anticipation?
    Or Shadowstep?

Quote Originally Posted by nalira View Post
    at least someone tries to care:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    i'll never give up. - this .39% dr and .72% damage bonus is really terrible as a 4 set...
    .the pvp set bonuses with versatility are completely not tuned. They'll probably end up in the 10% range. (holinka)
    thats me im that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post
    thats me im that guy!
    Getting responses from Celest about rogues should be a game. We can keep track of points.

Deleted
    Did anyone see the new Illusion: Poisoned weapon enchant transmog for WoD?
    Reminded me of how originally rogue poisons would apply this exact same effect on our weapons when poisoned. And now its being handed out to everybody despite rogues being the only poison themed class. I honestly don't understand why it was removed in the first place...

Hell, I also wonder why the poisoner section in Cleft of Shadows hasn't been replaced with something else, since Blizz dislikes the RPG elements in their games so much. Its still there, with the vendor only selling 1 useless dagger, dafuq? I may be the only one on this, but it definitely has bothered me. Seems are not gaining flavour, we are infact constantly losing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    Did anyone see the new Illusion: Poisoned weapon enchant transmog for WoD?
    Reminded me of how originally rogue poisons would apply this exact same effect on our weapons when poisoned. And now its being handed out to everybody despite rogues being the only poison themed class. I honestly don't understand why it was removed in the first place...
    http://wod.wowhead.com/item=118173

Classes: Rogue

It got "removed" when poison changed from being an item applied to our weapons to an ability we used; it was a technical limitation all along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Annoying little quirk on beta... you can cast FoK without a target, but if you have a friendly player/NPC as your target it doesn't let you even cast it, gives you an error message until you clear target or target a hostile.

10+ Year Old Account
    FoK is the most inconsistent ability right now.

The response to the BoS needing to be removed make 0 sense. What the hell is that guy smoking?

So, we're getting Combo points on ourselves now instead of target (which has been needed for a few expacs)

Apart from that we seem to be getting a whole load of stuff "pruned" or nerfed. What other good stuff are we actually getting for the class in WoD? What are the actual plusses?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    We didn't get all that much pruned, compared to some classes. Only a few particular annoyances.

Aside from the combo points change (which again, isn't CPs on Rogue but rather CPs automatically redirected), the other "positive" changes/additions I can think of are:

Level 100 talents, blade flurry proccing poisons for Combat, rolling effect on Crimson Tempests, Honor Among Thieves works solo, slighter wider backstabs, no facing requirements for Ambush, slight tightening up of spec identity (combat instant poisons/no miss penalty, sub becoming the bleed spec, assassination not needing SnD).

All very very minor changes though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    We didn't get all that much pruned, compared to some classes. Only a few particular annoyances.

Aside from the combo points change (which again, isn't CPs on Rogue but rather CPs automatically redirected), the other "positive" changes/additions I can think of are:

Level 100 talents, blade flurry proccing poisons for Combat, rolling effect on Crimson Tempests, Honor Among Thieves works solo, slighter wider backstabs, no facing requirements for Ambush, slight tightening up of spec identity (combat instant poisons/no miss penalty, sub becoming the bleed spec, assassination not needing SnD).

All very very minor changes though.
    The only way level 100 talents could be considered a positive is that we actually got them and they didn't forget about coming up with new Rogue talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    The only way level 100 talents could be considered a positive is that we actually got them and they didn't forget about coming up with new Rogue talents.
    At this point, that would not surprise me.