It wouldn't really matter anyway, since Live rogues can do ~97-98% of their optimal DPS with zero talents selected, and it seems the WoD talents aren't going to change much.

I'm pretty fucking disappointed that our talents are SO inconsequential.

Quote Originally Posted by broggernaut View Post
    It wouldn't really matter anyway, since Live rogues can do ~97-98% of their optimal DPS with zero talents selected, and it seems the WoD talents aren't going to change much.

I'm pretty fucking disappointed that our talents are SO inconsequential.
    Welcome to the club.
    Being Rogue is suffering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karry View Post
    The response to the BoS needing to be removed make 0 sense. What the hell is that guy smoking?
    Burst of Speed is nothing more then a lazy bandaid fix.
    They don't seem to give a shit. Blizzard's advertised ''ability pruning'' is completely disregarded too. Obviously blizz must feel that Sprint does not suffice for filling our mobility toolkit. Instead gives us a clusterfuck of abilities that do not override and contradict the rogue playstyle (Sprint vs BoS).
    Were Shadowstep to become baseline, our mobility tier talents could be focused on ways to improve ShS. And if they truly feel that rogues cannot survive WoD without constant 24/7 movement speed increases, then rework our Sprint skill to forfill that purpose. There is only 1 reason why rogues are choosing BoS, and its because they feel Sprint does not live up to the task. We do not need 2 of the exact same skills that both do the same thing... ability pruning? LOL!

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    From his snide responses and general ignorance, since I first saw Celestalons blue posts, I honestly can't tell him apart from Ghostcrawler.

God the updates are depressing when your class gets no changes, no feedback, no discussion.

What's with Hunters getting talent changes, thought that wasn't happening at this stage (har har).

Quote Originally Posted by JCBeastie View Post
    From his snide responses and general ignorance, since I first saw Celestalons blue posts, I honestly can't tell him apart from Ghostcrawler.

God the updates are depressing when your class gets no changes, no feedback, no discussion.

What's with Hunters getting talent changes, thought that wasn't happening at this stage (har har).
    I would say GC was much more benevolent towards rogues, even if we still didn't get any good changes.

RIP stealth not breaking from damage.

Deleted
    Anyone know the reasoning behind the nerf to smoke bomb? Comparing it with warrior's banner, it has 30 yard range, 15 sec and 10% reduce dmg. The reason Smoke Bomb was 20% is due to it only lasting 5 sec and 8 yard range where the entire raid had to stack. These are far different skills, but then nerfing smoke bomb into 10% like banner, how does that equalize our utility? I franly do not understand, but I don't have beta so thats why I'm asking.

They wanted to tone down all raid defensive CD's for non-healers because they want healers to be the ones bringing those things to the raid, so i guess that's why it got reduced, it doesn't matter how it is compared to warrior's banner or any other raid CD, we still have utility and we are not meant to have a good utility defensive CD... so... i guess it's right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior banner is gone too, they only have rallying cry now. And Prot has neither.

The recent change to Revealing Strike helps in some aspects but takes away from other aspects. But I still hope they look at the long ramp up time of Bandit's Guile.

I'd like to see them nerf Main Gauche and Buff Revealing/Sinister Strike. Main Gauche hits hard enough that it appears to be mastery > haste for combat (at least if using a slow off hand). Putting more emphasis on combo point generators will shift that back toward haste.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I'd like to see them nerf Main Gauche and Buff Revealing/Sinister Strike. Main Gauche hits hard enough that it appears to be mastery > haste for combat (at least if using a slow off hand). Putting more emphasis on combo point generators will shift that back toward haste.
    The lastest beta build has Sinister Strike and Revealing strike nerfed.

They did increase Vitality AP but still....

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The lastest beta build has Sinister Strike and Revealing strike nerfed.

They did increase Vitality AP but still....
    And they also turned the potentialy very good 4 piece tier bonus of Assasination rogue into a dumb and probably very week bonus, Eviscerate restores 1 Cp yay that makes almost no difference other than I have to Eviscerate at 5 Cp + 4 anticipation charges wich may not even be optmal. They couldve removed the CP restoration part and kept the Blindside proc...

They seen to be making sure Combat is the top spec wich is bad, very bad, its always better to have rogues using daggers and freeing up the other weapons for other classes but it seens Bliz is all in favor of combat and its super slow gameplay in early WoD.

Deleted
    thats why playing another class for the first tier is a viable option :>

Btw I realy hope the loot included on the journal isnt all the loot yet, cause right now we have 1 dagger on Highmaul and 1 agi axe, I hope they wont be dumb enought to give us only 1 weapon of each on 7 bosses and a whole raid.

I just knew that the set bonus was too good to be true. :\

Even though they nerfed the 4 piece watch them not revert the nerf to assassination.

Kind of like how they gutted recup now they are talking about bring battle fatigue back to fully kill it...
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-09-03 at 06:32 AM.

Deleted
    no reason to take the 4p now

Quote Originally Posted by Astraar View Post
    no reason to take the 4p now
    Ye its a horrendous 4p bonus, if they had removed the extra CP and kept the Blindside proc itd be good and not OP, keeping the CP and removing the proc makes it a very underwhelming 4p. I already made my peace with going combat again.

God damn. The four piece was nerfed, but its hardly bad as it is now. Its boring, for sure sure, but one combo point being returned results in 20% cheaper Envenoms. Twenty percent is a fairly large number.

The sky isn't falling, the world is just a bit more boring.