Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    Druid
    Enrage has been removed.
    Innervate has been removed. Mana costs for Druids have been adjusted accordingly.
    Mangle (Cat Form) has been removed. Mangle (Bear Form) remains unchanged.
    Nourish has been removed.
    Shred is now available to all Druids.
    Swipe (Bear Form) has been removed. Swipe (Cat Form) remains unchanged.
    Symbiosis has been removed.

Feral is going to go from one of the harder specs to play, to complete derp mode if I read the changes to DoC right as well as the removal of snapshotting. Shred spam, apply rip/rake as they are about to drop off. A brain dead corpse could do it. Ugh.
    I agree on it seems dumbed down compared to now, but I see use being in a better place with these. I could easily see us being the top mele class for atleast the first tier till the nerf bat comes out. Im loving it. I will miss snap shotting dots and my bubble from symb

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the symbiosis spell. Hard to argue that is was often just another defensive CD though, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    You know all this shit will change right? Game is in alpha.
    That is why these things get discussed now. Blizzard's people glean their own forums, as well as fansites such as this to see thoughts and concerns and adjust things based on the feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlinb View Post
    But that return of pulverize though. Am I Right?
    I'm sorry, I guess I missed it somewhere but I don't see any mention of pulverize or any spell that resembles it.. I had a guildie mention it as well.. Can someone please elaborate or was this comment just a plea?

Deleted
    Cya Symbiosis, you will not be missed.

Mangle removed and Shred has no positional requirements? cool beans

I'm cool with the changes

Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65 View Post
    I'm sorry, I guess I missed it somewhere but I don't see any mention of pulverize or any spell that resembles it.. I had a guildie mention it as well.. Can someone please elaborate or was this comment just a plea?
    It's listed as the Middle 100 talent for Guardians. I had to look it up again as well. Certainly appears to be better in terms of a survival ability versus the Cata version as there doesn't appear to be a CD on Pulverize. Lacerate's initial damage is going to need to be garbage to avoid people just spamming that for Rage, Damage and Mitigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell. When did they change the calculator spells? They had to have just done that when the notes were released because I swear I went and looked at them before raid..

Quote Originally Posted by waftkin View Post
    I agree on it seems dumbed down compared to now, but I see use being in a better place with these. I could easily see us being the top mele class for atleast the first tier till the nerf bat comes out. Im loving it. I will miss snap shotting dots and my bubble from symb
    Not sure u'll need bubble symbi when SI is 70% DR and 2 charges for feral/guardians.

symbi was super frustrating to deal with when people respec, or with multiple druids, or when solo. It made druids reliant on specific pvp comps. Good decision I agree

10+ Year Old Account
    > Symbiosis has been removed
    > Cyclone can be cancelled/dispelled

Probably two of the more interesting changes. Symbiosis was only around for one expansion -- could be the shortest-lived spell out of anything Blizzard's introduced, but I may be wrong. Being able to remove the Cyclone effect will definitely help to reduce imbalance between teams with Druids and teams without.

Overall, I think it's Blizzard's intention to change things quite significantly now in order to keep players from feeling staleness. Game's been running for a long time, so there's a high chance long-running players are getting bored. Not saying that radical changes are a bad thing, but it's definitely a reoccurring theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    > Symbiosis has been removed
    > Cyclone can be cancelled/dispelled

Probably two of the more interesting changes. Symbiosis was only around for one expansion -- could be the shortest-lived spell out of anything Blizzard's introduced, but I may be wrong. Being able to remove the Cyclone effect will definitely help to reduce imbalance between teams with Druids and teams without.

Overall, I think it's Blizzard's intention to change things quite significantly now in order to keep players from feeling staleness. Game's been running for a long time, so there's a high chance long-running players are getting bored. Not saying that radical changes are a bad thing, but it's definitely a reoccurring theme.
    Certainly helps to make Priest more viable in PvP since they are the only class that can remove Cyclone without the need of a long cooldown.

If they are removing symbiosis, I would like to see a glyph introduced to enable tranq being cast while moving. There is always one fight per tier at least right now when the only useful time to cast that spell is when you also HAVE to be moving.

Deleted
    Symbiosis removed.. was the most fun spell. imma go back to my lock.

Don't apply these changes to current content. I imagine WoD PVE will be fairly different than current content, can't speak on PVP though since I don't do it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    Nourish being removed?.. what are we ment to heal with now..

Love the return of a passive shield application for Guardians (even though it's my OS) !

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blue
    Secondly, while we are fine with the playstyle where a Restoration Druid blankets their Raid in Rejuvenations, the Swift Rejuvenation passive made that too strong, and also limited their scaling with Haste. We removed that passive, to encourage using other spells more, but still allow Rejuvenation blanketing as a playstyle choice.
    If they balance us around this in 6.0/6.1 then in the later tiers in the expac resto will have ridiculous throughput. I have no idea why they think we didn't scale well with haste (outside of the breakpoint issue which is getting fixed), it's resto's best stat right now and these changes mean it's scaling will be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    If they balance us around this in 6.0/6.1 then in the later tiers in the expac resto will have ridiculous throughput. I have no idea why they think we didn't scale well with haste (outside of the breakpoint issue which is getting fixed), it's resto's best stat right now and these changes mean it's scaling will be ridiculous.
    Resto doesn't scale well with haste because we don't need haste beyond our breakpoint. To say "breakpoint issue" is silly because right now, that's how haste works. Mastery is still a damn good secondary stat. I'd like to see Living Seed crit stuff come back with the increase to crit chance on Lifebloom targets with HT. That'd be kinda' neat.

The double Rejuv talent is really cool, and I like the flexibility it'll bring to the playstyle. Personally, I'm hoping healing is nearly if not as difficult as when Cata dropped. I was really frustrated with it at the time, but I really grew to love the new healing model. I think a push to make mana more tight throughout the expansion rather than just in the first half of a tier will be good. I mean, right now, mana is so "loose" that many healers are even reforging OUT of Spirit. I think that's good to a degree, it means flexibility in playstyle, but at the same time, I'd rather that Spirit just not be on the gear in the first place then.

All the things they removed and they left in freaking faerie fire?

That spell that's only a boring debuff in PVE and exists just to piss off rogues in PVP?

Why?

Symbiosis change is nice hopefully they can properly balances our defensives now. Not really good /w a priest/pally, screwed w/o like we are now.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exinium View Post
    Resto doesn't scale well with haste because we don't need haste beyond our breakpoint. To say "breakpoint issue" is silly because right now, that's how haste works. Mastery is still a damn good secondary stat. I'd like to see Living Seed crit stuff come back with the increase to crit chance on Lifebloom targets with HT. That'd be kinda' neat.

The double Rejuv talent is really cool, and I like the flexibility it'll bring to the playstyle. Personally, I'm hoping healing is nearly if not as difficult as when Cata dropped. I was really frustrated with it at the time, but I really grew to love the new healing model. I think a push to make mana more tight throughout the expansion rather than just in the first half of a tier will be good. I mean, right now, mana is so "loose" that many healers are even reforging OUT of Spirit. I think that's good to a degree, it means flexibility in playstyle, but at the same time, I'd rather that Spirit just not be on the gear in the first place then.
    It is a "breakpoint issue" right now as at the breakpoints haste is our best stat, so under WoD's haste scaling system we'll effectively always be at a breakpoint. Also while I agree mastery is solid I simply prefer the playstyle of haste. As far as healing on release goes, I imagine our mushroom will make it a lot easier (it's certainly how I got through endless proving grounds with 4.5k spirit >.<). If WoD were to drop with no changes to our healing other than the lack of breakpoint thing, I imagine we'd stack haste a lot but also keep our mastery at a decent value, however due to the change of haste also increasing the amount of rejuv's we can get out, I can't see mastery coming close as it stands.

Living seed is still pretty useless on anyone who's not a tank, personally I wouldn't mind our crits giving us a holy priest mastery effect (applying a quick HoT on the target), it'd fit our playstyle pretty well and while it might go mostly to overhealing it'd still be better than living seed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post

That spell that's only a boring debuff in PVE and exists just to piss off rogues in PVP?

Why?
    I would not want to play guardian with no FF, having a ranged attack is pretty invaluable (especially with the glyph to silence should to situation call for it).

^ forgot about guardian.

They should just make it guardian only then, and make it a bit more interesting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post

Why?

Symbiosis change is nice hopefully they can properly balances our defensives now. Not really good /w a priest/pally, screwed w/o like we are now.
    Not sure why FF isn't removed from balance and resto at least and put curse of elements(earth and moon ahem) on damage spells. Not much druid abilities removed and I doubt many people want to do 0 damage applying that... yeah we shellfish

Says rising sun kick applies CoE, why? Idk why melee wouldnt inherently put up their own buffs and debuffs and casters do the same. Maybe to encourage diverse comps.