Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Personally preferred the really old system with super rare crafting materials that were either hard to come by or a really big grind. Most craftable items are usually an after thought and almost exclusively used for catch up. Catch up is fine, but it's been two slots per tier, which is sort of boring.
    I definitely preferred the TBC profession system. Multiple professions were capable of crafting t5/t6 raid equivalent gear, but the mats were either really rare, really expensive, or the patterns were rare and BoP. IMO this system doesn't hurt raiders, since they will get raid-equivalent drops anyway, and it gives all of the non-raiders/PVPers something to do via grinding mats and/or gold to buy what they need. It just gives another avenue to gear up that doesn't require 24/19 other people. I think it should still be very time consuming and/or expensive, but I see no issue with making non-heroic raid gear equivalents available via crafting.

I love this change. Professions should be money-making tools, not something you just spend a day and a lot of gold to level just to get your stats bonus, then forget about it. I will not feel obliged to max 2 professions on each of my alts to not feel underperforming.

what rinleezwins said sounds exaggerating but the reality is that some people, me included used them for min-maxing which means we had to spend that "day and a lot of gold" several times on our mains throughout the expansions.

Example #1: Learn Jewelcrafting at cata Launch, then Unlearn it and learn Blacksmithing for bonus stats.

Example #2: Unlearn expensive Professions and grind Herbalism up because it is best for DoT Snapshotting or Hunter Stampede cheese.
    Capitalism, Ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    what rinleezwins said sounds exaggerating but the reality is that some people, me included used them for min-maxing which means we had to spend that "day and a lot of gold" several times on our mains throughout the expansions.

Example #1: Learn Jewelcrafting at cata Launch, then Unlearn it and learn Blacksmithing for bonus stats.

Example #2: Unlearn expensive Professions and grind Herbalism up because it is best for DoT Snapshotting or Hunter Stampede cheese.
    Which would be avoided if the stats were homogenized, yet the reason the stat bonus implemented maintained (it was never for people to switch minmaxing, just encourage people to level professions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Combat benefit perks does that mean all engineering tinkers will be removed? So I could be in a top guild with mining and herbing on a hunter for example?

I agree it would be nice to have some interesting perks, something that differentiates them.
    But that sort of uniqueness simply should not be applying in combat, because it makes some simply better than others.
    It is arguable whether there should be a flat equal perk for every profession or not.
    Either way someone suffers, as professions become something you are expected to have if they have a combat perk, or they penalise those who levelled them for a perk if they are removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Combat benefit perks does that mean all engineering tinkers will be removed? So I could be in a top guild with mining and herbing on a hunter for example?
    Basically yes.
    All the perks which made any given profession superior as far as dps or throughput goes, are gone.
    Your performance is not hurt by your choice of profession.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-05-21 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I actually think that it's better for professions to not offer direct combat bonuses.

Frankly, professions should be something that are levelled by people who are actually interested in levelling the professions and selling the things that they can then craft. The market for crafted items is so terrible in part because everyone has to have two max level professions, like it or not, so most people can end up just making whatever they want for themselves. Get the people who don't actually want to deal with professions out of them, and the market becomes better for the people who are left. Then add recipies for things that are actually worth buying/selling, and we've got a system that resembles working again.

I welcome the change. Personally I won't stay away from tailoring+engineering combo, but I know a lot who will. More people will select professions that can give them any benefit, not nessecarily combat only. More plate wearers will go blacksmithing and more mail wearers will go leatherworking for their usable armor and transmog possibilities. More people will go gathering professions because they don't "have" to have the best ones anymore. Brings a more balanced price towards super expensive/cheap items due to inflation because everybody or nobody runs with X and Y professions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    gathering professions
    I suspect gathering professions will still be avoided, simply because theyre extremely boring.

I can't stand gathering aside from the first 2-3 weeks of an expansion when its most profitable, and I know I'm not alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

At least you're not going to be forced to spend a fortune boosting them to min-max. Hell, you can go just as easily with 0 professions now.
    Good job Blizz?

Oh, just letting everyone know. Leveled mining and herbalism to 700. Professions perks are supposed to have been taken away but...

Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    Oh, just letting everyone know. Leveled mining and herbalism to 700. Professions perks are supposed to have been taken away but...

Don't think Lifeblood was supposed to have been taken away, at least not the healing component of that ability.

The question if they removed the perks, I assume it means like +crit from Skinning and the cheap leg enchant for Leatherworking that is stronger than regular kits. Do Leatherworker still get cheap leg enchants just the same version as the kit now, or are all kits removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    The question if they removed the perks, I assume it means like +crit from Skinning and the cheap leg enchant for Leatherworking that is stronger than regular kits. Do Leatherworker still get cheap leg enchants just the same version as the kit now, or are all kits removed?
    So theoretically any combat bonus that you get solely from having profession X is being removed. Sockets for BS, JC-only gems, enchanted-only enchants, tailor-only enchants, etc.

Thus the LW only enchant are gone (fur linings for bracers I think). There has not been any datamined information yet on the leg enchants from LW.

However, it does seem that enchants (in general) are being extended to all regardless if they have the profession or not. So enchanters can enchant weapons, rings, cloaks, and neckpieces for all. And Engineers are able to offer tinkers (i.e. gliding cloak, rocket boots) to all as well.

Basically leveling the playing field so that raiders don't feel that they have to min/max professions.

Theoretically, you could go professionless in WoD if you wanted to without suffering (except in gold maybe).

I think this is a great change as well. Being forced to use professions that have no benefit to the character besides the profession perks is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Po0fs View Post
    I think this is a great change as well. Being forced to use professions that have no benefit to the character besides the profession perks is no fun.
    Agreed. I want them to bring back the really rare crafting materials!
    Something fun to do with the professions I worked hard for would be a great bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Po0fs View Post
    As an Auction House goblin, I look forward to increasing my prices and margin on my way to gold capping due to significantly less competition at max professions. And I thank you for your patronage

Am I the only one who was Engineer because it's useful, not because of damage? Nitro boosts, the glider, I really like that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Am I the only one who was Engineer because it's useful, not because of damage? Nitro boosts, the glider, I really like that stuff.
    /wave

/10chars
    * Fel Fashion - A transmog blog. *
    OCT 5, 2014 - My most favorite transmog + 10 new transmogs added in the past 2 days!

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    You seem to have missed the bit where nitro boosts is much less useful, and for many glider is irrelevant in light of the millions of coins they have (a minor convenience of not having to pick up new glider every X uses)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."