Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It was dumb for a "standard" profession perk to have existed. So long and good riddance.

I do think sometimes, though, that Engineering should be removed from the game, so that a real Tinker class, with "perks" that don't blow up occasionally, could be created.

15+ Year Old Account
    If anything, this will make Engineering an obvious choice for it's in-combat benefits for all classes. Really hope they aren't taking those away to balance things.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    I do think sometimes, though, that Engineering should be removed from the game, so that a real Tinker class, with "perks" that don't blow up occasionally, could be created.
    I hope Outland is removed so WoD can give us a new continent. Because two unrelated things with the same theme cannot co-exist.

This change is great not being able to pick whatever proffesion you won't if you want to get the max out of that character is just dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope combat benefit doesn't mean engineering tinkers besides Synapse Springs. I will be SO pissed if you suddenly can't use bombs and rocket boots. Would completely ruin the profession. Same thing with tailoring nets and stuff. I have so many max level engineers because of how much fun it is in pvp. But by all means, get rid of the stat bonuses and procs, etc.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    If anything, this will make Engineering an obvious choice for it's in-combat benefits for all classes. Really hope they aren't taking those away to balance things.
    That's exactly why they're probably getting taken away. It would silly to remove synapse springs, yet allow an engineer to cast G91 Landsharks.

Deleted
    Engineering tinkers will either be removed (combat use at least) or made accessible to everyone. I'm hoping it's the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Then please for the love of the Old Gods: STOP NERFING ENGINEERING'S FUN!
    I am a hardcore into Engineering since day one, never dropped it. let them nerf as they want!!!!

Deleted
    I'm pretty glad most of my characters has engineering....only useful profession in wod it seams!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    With how much they're dumbing the game down, they mean all combat perks. Alchemy bonus, JC only gems, Scribe should chants, etc. I think blizz should change it so we all have one stat. Mastery. It makes your abilities for your class do more damage/healing/threat. Managing stats is too hard. Just have 1.
    Oh god... How do people respond to these replies to these without ever getting infracted...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    With how much they're dumbing the game down, they mean all combat perks. Alchemy bonus, JC only gems, Scribe should chants, etc. I think blizz should change it so we all have one stat. Mastery. It makes your abilities for your class do more damage/healing/threat. Managing stats is too hard. Just have 1.

Get the fuck out of this game, seriously. Managing stats isn't hard, it just takes concentration which should be the norm in an MMO/RPG. Your toxic attitude is exactly the reason Blizzard dumbed the game down; effectively making it fool proof.

Now all they need to do is make racial perks non combat so we dont have to read all the bitching and whining about that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol wish i knew about this before i just leveld an inscriptionist...i woulda gone herbalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    That's exactly why they're probably getting taken away. It would silly to remove synapse springs, yet allow an engineer to cast G91 Landsharks.
    Landsharks aren't engineer specific, they can make them but ANYONE can use them, hell blingtron gives them out like candy.

And this nonsense about how everyone's gonna be an engineer now. Why now and not before? Engineering has had this utility all this time along with the 320 stat equivalent, by this logic it should already be mandatory.
    Last edited by Kojo; 2014-04-05 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Landsharks aren't engineer specific, they can make them but ANYONE can use them, hell blingtron gives them out like candy.

And this nonsense about how everyone's gonna be an engineer now. Why now and not before? Engineering has had this utility all this time along with the 320 stat equivalent, by this logic it should already be mandatory.
    Engineering is currently mandatory for PvP;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ofession-(PvP)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12373497262

Blizzard wants to change that.
    Last edited by Rhamses; 2014-04-05 at 01:04 PM.

Engineering is currently mandatory for PvP;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ofession-(PvP)
    Not because of utility which in any pvp that matters is disabled, but because of the fact that its stat bonus is dealt in a burst format instead of just static, that's going away though so how is this relevant? If anything it's completely useless in pvp after this change.

Not because of utility which in any pvp that matters is disabled, but because of the fact that its stat bonus is dealt in a burst format instead of just static, that's going away though so how is this relevant? If anything it's completely useless in pvp after this change.
    A G91 landshark that can be launched from 40yards away, and deal damage for any class is a combat utility advantage.

Also it doesn't matter if its "any PvP that matters", the fact of the matter is that it's an advantage within the game. Blizzard views this as a problem because it forces players into leveling into engineering to be competitive.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-0.html

If you're seeking to become proficient in PvP, which profession are you going to choose? Blizzard wants it to be anyone you want.

A G91 landshark that can be launched from 40yards away, and deal damage for any class is a combat utility advantage.

Also it doesn't matter if its "any PvP that matters", the fact of the matter is that it's an advantage within the game. Blizzard views this as a problem because it forces players into leveling into engineering to be competitive.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-0.html

If you're seeking to become proficient in PvP, which profession are you going to choose? Blizzard wants it to be anyone you want.
    Stop bringing up landsharks, that's not a damn engineering advantage, go on the ah and buy them yourself ffs; you don't need to be an engineer to use them!

And pvp type matters a great deal, you'd be stupid to level a profession for the sole purpose of random bgs where all kinds of crap is allowed anyways, should alchemy be the default profession then? i can drink pots that break stuns, give me massive speed boosts, turn me invisible, talk about broken.

Stop bringing up landsharks, that's not a damn engineering advantage, go on the ah and buy them yourself ffs; you don't need to be an engineer to use them!
    Yet I need an engineer to build them and sell them to me.

And pvp type matters a great deal, you'd be stupid to level a profession for the sole purpose of random bgs where all kinds of crap is allowed anyways, should alchemy be the default profession then? i can drink pots that break stuns, give me massive speed boosts, turn me invisible, talk about broken.
    Yet Engineering is still the top choice for PvP.

As for those Alchemy perks, those are more than likely getting removed too.

lol now I know you're just clueless. I'm done here.

No more damage abilities out of the professions? Good! I hated making stuff just to be competitive.