Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If every prof is getting their stat perk removed, I'm pretty confident bliz wouldnt allow people to be pidgeon holed into engineering for nitro boosts. They will most likely heavily nerf them, such as 50+% failure, or not allowed in combat, or flat out removed. It wouldnt be fair to the other 10 profs to have no combat boost and engi retains its OP sprint. It would become mandatory in raiding..

LFM flex WoD raid, must have 675 engineering or no invite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    If every prof is getting their stat perk removed, I'm pretty confident bliz wouldnt allow people to be pidgeon holed into engineering for nitro boosts. They will most likely heavily nerf them, such as 50+% failure, or not allowed in combat, or flat out removed. It wouldnt be fair to the other 10 profs to have no combat boost and engi retains its OP sprint. It would become mandatory in raiding..

So basically engineering has to have nothing to offer at all in order for this to be balanced...

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    So basically engineering has to have nothing to offer at all in order for this to be balanced...
    Apparently engineering is mandatory in raids right this moment since on a comparative level nothing is changing. But for the worryworts bliz already noted and said they could potentially just make all those engi toys available for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post

I totally disagree that nitro boots are a concern...they have a failure chance; have you popped your nitro boots on Thok with those dumb debuffs that tick like a truck when they stack only for the boots to backfire? I like where they are going with wanting us to take a profession we want rather than being required by a raid leader to have two primary prof's. Before I started raiding on my hunter, I had to two primary's high enough for the perks so I went with ench/eng. Prior to that my hunter had Mining/Eng so I could support my profession without having an alt mine and mail ores/bars over. The world is not coming to an end, times are just changing and if people are having a hard time adapting maybe they should reconsider the headache that cost ~$15/month.
    Last edited by Sosuke Aizen; 2014-04-05 at 04:18 PM. Reason: spelling
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

It can offer stuff like the gravity reverser tinker (or trinket, dont remmeber) and stuff like that. You know, fun stuff for the sake of fun, not fun for the sake of "haha you cant kill me".

and BTW, if your nitro boosts fail, you just get healed, no prob... the risk of success 9001% outweighs the risk of failure.

edit: wrong order
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2014-04-05 at 04:22 PM.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nitro boots either get outright removed, or are unusable in combat.

I wouldnt have a problem with nitro boosts if they are unusable in combat, and the buff gets removed should you enter combat. there, you get to keep your fun without creating an unbalanced environment in combat. only possible scenario i can see people getting upset is running away from a possible world pvp situation before you get in combat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Then please for the love of the Old Gods: STOP NERFING ENGINEERING'S FUN!
    If anything they'll be nerfing engi's fun more and more now. Otherwise engineering might be OP, you know. Don't want to have that, right? hueheuhue

Although, they might just implement more "fun" stuff for other professions like engi has. Idk, maybe skinning/leatherworking gives you the ability to be undetected on the mini map or something alike.

I will be interested to see how this affects the prices of raw materials and subsequently, the servers economies, if people pick up gathering profs on their main now.

It would be completely retarded if they removed the stat benefits but kept nitro boots. I don't know about you guys, but I would still want engineering on all my characters I wanted to play seriously with for the nitro boosts. And that would defeat the purpose of the entire change to begin with.

Deleted
    Engineers rejoyce:
    •For items such as Engineering's Rocket Boots, where they provide a considerable benefit despite not being a direct throughput buff, the current plan is to let Rocket Boots and other things like Invisibility belts be something engineers can make and sell so everyone can have them.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=233324/t...rds-of-draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they did it wrong, rather then leaving the combat boosts on racials and removing them from professions it should have been the other way around. We are fairly locked into our race outside of paying money to change, but we can CHOOSE our profession and changing that is much easier then a race change. This lets people change professions to suit their goals and everyone has access to the same combat boosts.

They way they are changing it now could work if they give other professions utility toys like engineering has. And letting engineer's "sell" rocket boots and gliders doesn't seem like a particularly rewarding way to "distribute profession utility".

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Deleted
    Proffesions are waste of time for me, i just cannot do them. The only reason i have enchanting and tailoring for my main is that i love having that cloak enchant and having the ability to enchant my rings.

Futhermore i boosted my monk to have leatherworking and blacksmithing since both are pain, and now they are telling me they will be useless the only thing usefull from the profession is gettng removed.

I do not know but blizzard is doing everything in their power to turn me away from wow.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    New profession changes in Warlords of Draenor:

• Everyone has double gathering professions. Good luck finding gathering nodes.
    • Don't worry if you can't find any ore/herbs/skinnable mobs due to competition. No one has crafting professions anymore, so no one is buying your crap anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Talking about raiding and utility and that sort of thing ... professions. Are you just thinking that all the combat specific things are going? So no extra sockets, no +DPS tinkers for engineers but you can still have your rocket boots and die every now and then?

Correct. For engineering in particular there are a few tinkers that, despite not being raw throughput, are very significant combat benefit. Our current plan, that may change, is to let Rocket Boots be something that engineers make and can sell and give to everybody ... so everybody can use Rocket Boots and get themselves killed sometimes!

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/04/05/te...talks-warlords

Time to join the Engineering fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    Good change. Just find it funny that it took Blizzard 10 years to figure out how to make Engineering feel like an actual profession in terms of supplying a service.

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    And letting engineer's "sell" rocket boots and gliders doesn't seem like a particularly rewarding way to "distribute profession utility".
    How is this any different than Leatherworking/Tailoring leg armor kits, Inscription shoulder enchants, Blacksmithing belt buckles, JC gems or Enchanting enchants on vellums?

Should be interesting. With the combat perks removed, that should remove a lot of the remand for mats. No raiders needing to min/max and all that.

Other than a handful of dedicated AH warriors, most people could, and probably will, run around with no professions at all.

How can you not make gold with engie?

Been doing nice in both cata (pets) and mop (trinket tinkers, scope). But i agree it is the most fun prof and really hope it stays that way

Quote Originally Posted by roostah View Post
    How can you not make gold with engie?

Been doing nice in both cata (pets) and mop (trinket tinkers, scope). But i agree it is the most fun prof and really hope it stays that way
    The latest proposed change will give you another revenue opportunity by being able to sell nitro boost and goblin glider modifications to everyone. I find it hard to believe that you're making money to rival JC and Enchanting solely from scopes, leveling trinket stuff and pets.