Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My hope is that they buff professions as a way of acquiring items, as a trade-off. I started MOP a little late and the craftable BS weapons and such looked like a cool thing to have but completely irrelevant as a result of super easy items available from LFR and other sources . So i hope this lets them focus the professions more on a crafting items and staying relevant direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Actually it is very complicated (or was)! Just like it is complicated for Blizzard to tune Classes with their Differences Blizz also tuned Profession Perks differently.
    Can you read what you quoted in bold. "MAKE all professions just give +320 primary stats." I hope I made the word clear enough. That's a clear indicator that Anzen knows they aren't the same right now and is saying they should've been made the same so that this issue didn't arise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Man I am very happy . I can finally level gathering professions and crafting professions like they were meant to be. For FUN. Not for combat means. And hey, less cooldowns for me to worry about. I am happy. Solid patch notes
    Me too. Been away from the game for a little while now, and I can finally level up something FUN on my main.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Can you read what you quoted in bold. "MAKE all professions just give +320 primary stats." I hope I made the word clear enough. That's a clear indicator that Anzen knows they aren't the same right now and is saying they should've been made the same so that this issue didn't arise.
    Sounds great to me.

At this point they may as well just get rid of professions if they are going to take out the perks. I had a tailor/engineering mage, I made 2 pieces of gear from tailoring that I could actually use, and the engineering helm lasted about a month lol. The only reason I had to hit the profession tab most of the time was to slap on the profession perk bonuses.

Sucks for anyone that actually took the time and effort to max out their professions each expansion, many of the professions really don't make much gold as it is, or they only do for the first 2 weeks a new expansion is out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I believe the Casuals and Starting players win at first:
    Without Profession Perks people won't be autodeclined from Guild applications as fast if they have no Professions so they have a greater chance to start competetive Raiding or PvP.
    It depends on what you mean by competitive raiding, a lot of guild recruiters check out the armory of potential recruits before letting them join a raid group, if they see no professions, it's a good sign that the person probably hasn't played the character long and may not know the class well. There are some guilds that would invite you regardless of course, but I guess it all depends on what you consider competitive.

If professions are given the same flat bonus along with professions generally being the same way they are now then there is little purpose to have that bonus at all. Giving different types of bonuses was an attempt to keep some flavor, but you know being an RPG is bad. Supposedly there might be some flavor things added to professions, but we are still at wait and see.

Removing the stat bonus perk from professions makes the item squish more effective, and it makes your gear upgrades more meaningful, since more of your stats now comes from gear instead of passive prof perks.

Deleted
    I don't really care if combat perks are being removed but what about nitro boots and goblin glider? It is the main reason I have 4 engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Why would you need to compensate Engineers? A class isn't going to be building mounts, creating armor, or making money. A class is going to be tanking/healing/DPSing. The two won't intersect with each other at all.
    would love to see the eng helm get upgraded very tier for starters

Quote Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
    I don't really care if combat perks are being removed but what about nitro boots and goblin glider? It is the main reason I have 4 engineers.
    Nitro Boosts will be sellable to non-engineers, probably more expensive mats, likely obtainable from the engineering garrison building or salvage. I don't expect to make too much gold though because it's too mainstream of a market.

Not sure about Glider yet. It's a small PVE advantage on some fights still, not as big as Nitro Boost, but amazing for runbacks. We'll see.

No word on the fail RNG of Nitro going away either, so I expect a lot of QQ now that everyone's using it for key parts of fights.

Glad they are removing them, reduces the people who will bother leveling their profession early in the expansion :P
    It's IMO better if they don't give anything, you shouldn't need a profession to compete, it should be a choice and this is what this change does.

I am so, so, so glad they did this.

I absolutely despise professions, and only leveled them up to the bare minimum to unlock my perks for raiding. Having them give perks made them mandatory and i'm glad that stupidity is gone. Never again will I have to level some random ass profession in addition to leveling and gearing new characters.

The worst part about it was the perks were so random. Some obviously better than others depending on class. Then others like herbalism and mining were useless. So it made it even LESS of a "perk" for having leveled a profession and more of a "If you want to be a good X class, level Y and Z professions"

It was stupidity it's self in the old design. Very glad it's gone.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Basically it's another step into the direction of simplying and dumbing down the game. They remove most enchants/gems also and tune down the abilities each class has. It seems like this is basically turning into World of Diablo 3.
    Exactly!

This change has nothing to do with making the game better or increasing the sub base like the plethora of other variables being removed from the game it has everything to do with making the developer’s job easier, period.

Also taking in to account most if not all of these developers come from progressively liberal schools and their ideology is bleeding over to the game i.e everyone should be equal. In this case why should someone just because they went to the time and expense of leveling two primary professions like leatherworking and jewel crafting for example, get the benefit of a +500 wrist enchant and better gems giving them a slight advantage in PVP over those that only level one or none?

To them that is unfair, the solution remove the benefits so no one can get them, now everyone is equal in that respect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post

New profession changes in Warlords of Draenor:

•Everyone has double gathering professions. Good luck finding gathering nodes.
    •Don't worry if you can't find any ore/herbs/skinnable mobs due to competition. No one has crafting professions anymore, so no one is buying your crap anyway.
    Good point, most level professions for the stat benefits, gear that is made is almost always below what you get from drops/quests/dungons etc.. or via honor so other than jewelry crafters the only viable gatherable good consumer who is going to buy gathered goods?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Good point, most level professions for the stat benefits, gear that is made is almost always below what you get from drops/quests/dungons etc.. or via honor so other than jewelry crafters the only viable gatherable good consumer who is going to buy gathered goods?
    Its not a good point at all, no one will have gathering professions, this expac has been terrible for selling herbs/ore because everyone uses farms, you don't even need gathering professions this whole expac. If Garrisons are like farms, I will ditch my last herbalist because it offers nothing of value, well unless 20g per stack is valuable to you.

With all of this talk about engineering, I'm curious about some of the other professions (my assumptions are below):

Crafting
    Inscription - no more dedicated shoulder enchant
    Jewelcrafting - no more dedicated gems
    Blacksmith - no more extra sockets
    Leatherworking - no more wrist enchants
    Tailoring - no more dedicated leg enchant
    Alchemy - no more... Mixology? Is that even really considered a min-maxing bonus?
    Enchanting - no more ring enchants

Gathering
    Mining - no more Stamina bonus
    Herbalism - no more castable HoT
    Skinning - no more Crit bonus

My question - what about some of the profession "extras" like what Engineering has? Items such as the non-consumed Alchemy flask?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaminko View Post
    Should have professions make more raid quality gear.
    This.

The TBC model, where some pieces (i.e. hard khorium battleplate) were BiS or near BiS. Make the mats really rare, or laborious to collect, or really expensive. Make the patterns rare BoP as well, something to make the items non-trivial to acquire but still on an equal power level to at least normal mode raiding. Gives non-raiders something to do, gives raiders another path toward raid-worthy gear

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Then for the 4th fucking time (can't help but swear now), you've overshot the point and continued to type crap that's not only completely irrelevant, it's not even fucking true. I'm not going to explain it again, it's blindingly fucking obvious what I mean. Make all professions just give +320 primary stats. It's not complicated. It didn't need 5 posts to explain. You don't need to have gone to university to understand it. I'm aware that currently the professions sort of give +320 (some are cds) but that is not what I asked. You make some stupid point about secondary stats > primary stats, that is also irrelevant from what I asked. Please stop wasting my time.

If all professions give +320 primary stat, then just bake +640 primary stat baseline into every character (+320 for each profession) and remove it from professions. Pretty much what they are​ doing. Problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by partizan View Post
    My question - what about some of the profession "extras" like what Engineering has? Items such as the non-consumed Alchemy flask?
    Those stay. They're not combat benefits. They're financial benefits, and more fun stuff like that should be created for every profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    If all professions give +320 primary stat, then just bake +640 primary stat baseline into every character (+320 for each profession) and remove it from professions. Pretty much what they are​ doing. Problem solved.
    But the point was that some people (me included) actually like the fact that having professions on a character benefits it in some way; for those that don't use professions as gold factories, they'll lose most of their use come WoD.

Not that I disagree with this change; I know a lot of people prefer professions not giving any combat benefits, I just know I prefer that they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    But the point was that some people (me included) actually like the fact that having professions on a character benefits it in some way; for those that don't use professions as gold factories, they'll lose most of their use come WoD.

Not that I disagree with this change; I know a lot of people prefer professions not giving any combat benefits, I just know I prefer that they do.
    I think they are suggesting a baseline, and consistent bonus that is identical regardless of which professions you chose.
    Therefore a profession chosen for a stat boosting combat benefit does not lose that, such as tailoring for the melee cloak enchant on a non-clothie.
    Removal means you aren't penalized for not having a profession, or not having one maxed out, but then that penalizes those who did level a profession which suddenly may have lost the single reason it was chosen.

Someone loses out from whichever approach is taken, and someone benefits.
    Not everyone is gong to win.

With all of this talk about engineering, I'm curious about some of the other professions (my assumptions are below):

Crafting
    Inscription - no more dedicated shoulder enchant
    Jewelcrafting - no more dedicated gems
    Blacksmith - no more extra sockets
    Leatherworking - no more wrist enchants
    Tailoring - no more dedicated leg enchant
    Alchemy - no more... Mixology? Is that even really considered a min-maxing bonus?
    Enchanting - no more ring enchants

Gathering
    Mining - no more Stamina bonus
    Herbalism - no more castable HoT
    Skinning - no more Crit bonus

It has been stated that engineering might be offering some of its perks to other players by making them BoE rather than personal only.
    Therefore there is no reason to remove many of those which are already available to other players, such as tailoring leg spellthreads or the BoE inscription shoulder enchants.

It is personal combat benefits that are being targeted, that make one profession superior to another in terms of numbers.
    So enchanting ring enchants, bs extra socket, jc better gems, tailoring cloak enchant, lw wrist enchant, gathering bonuses and whatever engineering has that isn't going to become usable by all.

The flask duration bonus is likely to be unaffected as it is simply a cost benefit, and the same with the non-consumable flask.
    Warlock healthstones are going to be a cost-free version of health potions, as a cost-free bonus, a perk rather than a mandatory addition.
    So why not offer a similar style of perk in a profession.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-04-22 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lumineus View Post
    indeed. Adding a tinker class could open up a whole new market for engineering items. steampunk themed armor. giant wrench weapons. Crazy techno backpacks that replace the cloak slot. These could all be made by engineers.
    yes please!!!

My question - what about some of the profession "extras" like what Engineering has?
    Synapse Springs is the +320 primary stat bonus from engineering which is going away.

Devs said in one of the interviews that the "fun items" like rocket boots are staying, but will be BOE so that you can craft and sell those to anybody.