Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Also taking in to account most if not all of these developers come from progressively liberal schools and their ideology is bleeding over to the game i.e everyone should be equal.
    You've gotta be fucking kidding me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    I shouldn't have to have 2 professions that I don't like because I need +640 stats to be min-maxed .
    So you want gathering professions, right? Why not have them roll gathering into their respective production professions. No reason not to at this rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

This is what I imagine Blizzard will do to crating professions in WoD:

1.) Remove the profession specific bonuses, BUT
    2.) Give them free (or very cheap) versions of shoulder/leg enchants etc.
    3.) Maintain the ability to create very powerful BoE armor that uses BoP crafting materials, like Imperial Silk/Celestial Cloth/Balanced Trillium Ingot etc

For example:

Blacksmiths lose the Bracer/Glove extra socket, but can continue to create BoE Belt Buckles, and will also be able to attach a Buckle to their belts for a very low cost. This way, they do not have a "power" advantage over non-BS, but do gain a "cost" advantage.

Ditto with Scribes/Shoulder Enchants and Tailors/Leg Enchants. Other professions would gain similar financial advantages, but no profession would have access to a unique stats boost.
    Last edited by jhneoh; 2014-05-02 at 07:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I welcome it aswell, some people feel forced to go a certain profession because of it's effectiveness in combat over others

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    So you want gathering professions, right? Why not have them roll gathering into their respective production professions. No reason not to at this rate.
    Frankly there's never been a good reason not to.

Except that that would reduce the amount of professions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jhneoh View Post
    This is what I imagine Blizzard will do to crating professions in WoD:

1.) Remove the profession specific bonuses, BUT
    2.) Give them free (or very cheap) versions of shoulder/leg enchants etc.
    3.) Maintain the ability to create very powerful BoE armor that uses BoP crafting materials, like Imperial Silk/Celestial Cloth/Balanced Trillium Ingot etc

For example:

Blacksmiths lose the Bracer/Glove extra socket, but can continue to create BoE Belt Buckles, and will also be able to attach a Buckle to their belts for a very low cost. This way, they do not have a "power" advantage over non-BS, but do gain a "cost" advantage.

Ditto with Scribes/Shoulder Enchants and Tailors/Leg Enchants. Other professions would gain similar financial advantages, but no profession would have access to a unique stats boost.
    Thing is they're probably removing most or all of the shoulder/leg/wrist/belt enchants/gems/sockets, as part of their scheme to reduce the burden of gear modification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    Just saw that change, I'm really not happy about it. I have 5 characters who are engineer + something else and I am working on the 6th. I don't use my professions to make money but to craft stuff for my toons and for the combat bonuses. It's part of min maxing a character. Why taking away this possibility from the people who want to do it? Simply because some people are not willing to do so? That's a bad move from Blizzard I think.
    Hardly min/maxing when they all give the same statistical bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    Just saw that change, I'm really not happy about it. I have 5 characters who are engineer + something else and I am working on the 6th. I don't use my professions to make money but to craft stuff for my toons and for the combat bonuses. It's part of min maxing a character. Why taking away this possibility from the people who want to do it? Simply because some people are not willing to do so? That's a bad move from Blizzard I think.
    You just stated the exact reason they are doing this change.
    You took engineering 5 times because for you it was simply a better combat bonus provided by that profession.
    Min-maxing should be done through gearing, not professions.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Hardly min/maxing when they all give the same statistical bonus.
    If they were the same there would not be this issue.
    That is simply not the case though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I am leveling a mage to 60 (because I honestly don't mind the 1-60 content) and then boosting it. I just don't know what professions to boost. I was thinking tailoring, because I don't have a tailor. I also considered enchanting although I already have two enchanters. I would do engineering but don't see the point since rocket belt will be a saleable tinker in wod.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I am leveling a mage to 60 (because I honestly don't mind the 1-60 content) and then boosting it. I just don't know what professions to boost. I was thinking tailoring, because I don't have a tailor. I also considered enchanting although I already have two enchanters. I would do engineering but don't see the point since rocket belt will be a saleable tinker in wod.
    At present we don't know for certain which tinkers will become saleable, and which might be just removed.
    Nitro Boosts due to the obvious benefit during combat are certainly going to be getting a lot of attention.
    I think that with the changes to how speed boots operate though, I would think they are almost certainly going to be around still.
    I am not so sure about throughput tinkers though.

Enchanting will have considerably less slots able to be enchanted.
    Tailoring we know very little about, though with the inventory changes coming I am not sure there will be quite the demand for the new bags there used to be, plus I have a theory we might see the end of profession bags.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, JC and Engineers can still make flying mounts.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I guess I could just boost mining and farm while queued for bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Don't worry, JC and Engineers can still make flying mounts.
    Alchemy can also

Honestly who is surprised?

Blizzard has changed the benefit of having a profession every expansion. It started with crafting only gear which became stats perks which got nerfed to even professions out as much as possible.

This kinda kill the whole idea of profession. The most viable now would be gathering, since you do get a little extra benefit of picking stuff up out of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people are complaining about this? I rather have them change the stupid cooldown shit on specific items on professions to now instead of daily. Seriously, it feels like they just want us subscribed to make specific items per day like the Celestial Cloth.

Damn casuals bitching because they want gathering professions. Engineering is going to be useless, synapse springs gone and everyone can use nitro boots. At least make the damn boots a 100% success chance for engineers or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Summis View Post
    Damn casuals bitching because they want gathering professions. Engineering is going to be useless, synapse springs gone and everyone can use nitro boots. At least make the damn boots a 100% success chance for engineers or something.
    I'd rather not be forced to have x and y as my professions on my main because everything else is awful. I would rather have synergistic professions with no direct combat benefit.. than random ones just because they provide 400 more strength for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by xZora View Post
    I'd rather not be forced to have x and y as my professions on my main because everything else is awful. I would rather have synergistic professions with no direct combat benefit.. than random ones just because they provide 400 more strength for me.
    You were never forced to. You willingly decided to take them because they were better for your output.

I haven't changed professions since TBC, and that hasn't stopped me from clearing content.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by xZora View Post
    Yes, because professions giving equal benefits is out of the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Yes, because professions giving equal benefits is out of the question.
    If all professions offer the same bonus, what is the point of the bonus anyway?